CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   It's a Good Tuesday Morning (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/271677-its-good-tuesday-morning.html)

Cruizin K and J February 1st, 2005 12:37 AM

It's a Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning from Southern California where the Santa Anas have arisen once again. There are high wind alerts everywhere, but where I live, not a leaf moves. No rain, just sun and temps in the 70's, very nice. No whining here! LOL Except may be about the allergies!

Well, Keith went to the neurologist this a.m., and he is now on a new drug. We are to reduce the old one extremely gradually while the new one is added in the same way. Keith really wants to do away with the shakes and the goofiness, (we hope), but it will take a long time.

RD, y ou and your family are in my thoughts.

All CM's, have a great Tuesday.

Judy

Lisa February 1st, 2005 02:31 AM

Re: It's a Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin........it is still cloudy and very mild for this time of year.

I have off of work today and since I slacked off on my last day off due to a bum leg, I have twice as much laundry and cleaning to do than if I would have tried to do it last Thursday.

Judy - sounds like the doctors are doing all they can......neuro meds have a lot of undesireable side effects - most must be started slowly and titrated up and down if they are being discontinued - abruptly discontinuing some meds is more dangerous than the side effects. I'n glad they are taking things slowly, but I feel your frustration and pain. Hopefully this new med will work out.

Lynne &Trevor February 1st, 2005 07:49 AM

New meds aren't fun. I've seen my hubby battle them- 3 different ones for different things but with one thing in common; all three lower your blood pressure.So, for a few days there he hardly had enough energy to do anything, and his B/P was lower than mine-and mine is usually pretty low.
After awhile he figured it out, so cut one in half. I think that one is gone completely now. We also have a new doctor!!!
Good luck. I see my residents at work after being put on different meds. The side effect for one lady was drowsiness for all of them. I don't know if any were changed, but now all she does is sleep-wherever she sits!

By the way, good morning!!!!!! It looks like a nice day here in Avon Park, FL. Current temp is 49.It will get up to 73 around here. A cool(cold?) front is moving slowly in our direction so the rain and cooler weather will find us by Thursday.The Super Bowl weather should be nice, though.

Bye for now! Lynne

rollerdonna February 1st, 2005 08:23 AM

Morning CMs, I've been having internet problems, so have been scarce. New is the same: mom is deteriorating daily, but hanging in there. Off to spend the day at the residence.
VTJen, good luck with the surgery, seeya when you get back!
Trip, hope you've recovered, and Angela, hope your root canal goes well.
Trevor, hang in there, you can do it!
Prayers to baby Jayden and to Donna and George, to Ray's sister, and to Keith as well.

donna

bigjohn461 February 1st, 2005 08:55 AM

Good Morning Mates from work..I see there are a lot of folks hurting and needing some support..You got from here..Jen, Trevor, Trip, RollerD, and of course to George and Donna..Prayers going out.

I dont know what is wrong with me..either I have PCD or I am working to hard and too long lately but I cant seem to get on the boards much. Even at home. Just know that I am trying to keep up with everyone and know that, even if I am not on the boards, that I am still sending out prayers for everyone. Whether you need them or not.>G<

Hope you all have a good day and please stay safe.

L&S80 February 1st, 2005 09:35 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........nothing new here......hope everyone has a great Tuesday & prayers & thoughts to those in need of it.....

Sharon

MichelleP February 1st, 2005 10:15 AM

Good morning everyone... PCD has not yet set in but I'm sure it will soon... I'm still in that "post-cruise high." :D

Hope everyone has a great day.

Cheers,
Michelle P.