Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2005, 08:24 AM
cruisebum

Default parking in long beach $

Does Long Beach port have parking close? We will be driving there on are next cruise, just want to know if there is something close, were the car will be o.k.
Also how much per day?

Thanks Cruisebum
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: parking in long beach $

Parking is right at the pier. I think it's $11 for every 24-hour period, but DO call your cruise line and double check that figure. If you would arrive a day early, several hotels have a Park and Sail package in which they keep your car and shuttle you to and from the ship. We will use the Sheraton. Hope this helps, and happy sailing!

Judy
Old February 4th, 2005, 10:20 AM
SharB

I believe Judy is talking about the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. For Long Beach, the Port of Long Beach is real close to the city and there are several hotels offering park and sail type packages. We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott downtown and they have a package that gives you a ride TO the port. You'd be on your own getting back, but the taxi charge is around $6 per carload. I understand that the Coast hotel has a package but don't know if it includes round-trip transportation. There is a multi-level parking structure, but I saw a lot of cars parked out in the elements. Can't answer your question about security, it looked like anyone could drive in to the parking area. This is right next to the Queen Mary. To get the real info on parking rates, call the Queen Mary desk, since people who stay there with their cars have no choice but to pay the port parking fees.

Shar
Old February 4th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Yeoman

I left my car out there (not in the parking structure) for the 4 day cruise and didn't have any problems.

Holiday May 2000
Old February 5th, 2005, 11:38 AM
cruisebum

Dear cruisers

Thanks to all of you for responding. You all helped. This will be my eighth cruise, first with the kids. Just a little four day to Catalina and Ensenada.

Thanks Cruisebum
Old February 26th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Actually, there's two parking places at the pier. The first one's for the Queen Mary, and for the ferry to Catalina Island. The multi-story one is for the cruises. It's secured, safe and it's $10 per every 24 hr. period. We were on a 4 night cruise, and paid $40 on our way out. It's really an easy access to the ship.