CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   How to make towel animals! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/271775-how-make-towel-animals.html)

Jim Bragg February 9th, 2005 09:27 AM

How to make towel animals!

Author: Jim Bragg (adsl-218-242-244.jax.bellsouth.net)
Date: 02-09-05 09:10

Remember those cute towel animals that you found in your cabin every night? Well Carnival has come out with an instruction book! Here is the Press Release I got this morning;

NEW HOW-TO BOOK FOR MAKING POPULAR STATEROOM ‘TOWEL ANIMALS’

NOW AVAILABLE FROM CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES

‘Carnival Towel Creations’ Provides Step-By-Step Instructions and Photos For Making More Than 40 Different Creatures

MIAMI (February 9, 2005) – One of the many popular and unique features of a Carnival “Fun Ship” cruise is the whimsical “towel animals” that greet guests when they return to their stateroom each evening.

Now there’s a new instructional book offering step-by-step directions, along with accompanying photos for guests wishing to recreate these creatures back home.

“Carnival Towel Creations” is filled with colorful images and easy-to-follow instructions for making a wide variety of “towel animals” like those created each night by the line’s stateroom stewards for guests’ enjoyment.

These truly creative designs often incorporate guests' sunglasses, hats or other accessories and people genuinely look forward to the surprise each evening, particularly children.
Instructions for more than 40 different designs -- everything from cats and dogs to dinosaurs, elephants and snails -- are featured within the colorful 88-page publication.

“Our guests have been asking for years for a manual on how to make ‘towel animals’ at home. 'Carnival Towel Creations' will not only bring enjoyment to the many people who have sailed on Carnival over the years but also anyone interested in an easy instructional guide for creating these fun, whimsical creatures,” said Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson.

“Towel animals” are one of Carnival’s signature elements and are even featured in the line’s new national television advertising campaign.

The line’s staterooms stewards undergo more than 10 hours of training to learn how to create the various designs and it is estimated that the stewards create some seven million “towel animals” each year.

The “towel animals” are just one of the many personal touches available within Carnival’s staterooms, which in addition to being as much as 50 percent larger than those on other contemporary cruise ships, offer in-stateroom amenities baskets and upgraded linens and towels. Guests in balcony and ocean view accommodations are also provided with plush terrycloth robes.

“Carnival Towel Creations” is available in the “Formalities” shops or from the stateroom stewards aboard the line’s 20 “Fun Ships.”

The cost is $12.95.

For additional information and reservations on Carnival’s “Fun Ship” cruises, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

###

Carnival Cruise Lines is a proud member of the exclusive World’s Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets. Together, we offer exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world’s most desirable destinations.

Jim

tamie February 9th, 2005 09:35 AM

Re: How to make towel animals!

Jim,

They had these available when I was on the Imagination. The instructions are very easy to follow and it is amazing how many different animals you can make with towels. I highly recommend the book. especially for those that are into origami.

phillygirl February 9th, 2005 09:46 AM

On my Carnival cruise I sailed for 4 nights and not once did I see my room steward or get a towel animal.

sue February 9th, 2005 10:40 AM

Re: Re: How to make towel animals!

On our last cruise <Princess> we did not see any TA as on a previous RCCL cruise. The kids were disappointed.We are all looking forward to our next cruise which will have TA and I am sure we will purchase the booklet also:) Thanks for the info Jim!

Jason February 9th, 2005 10:57 AM

Last cruise we took I had finished my shower and had wrapped a towel around me and exited the bathroom. The problem being that the towel wasn’t quite big enough to close in the front. When the DW pointed out that I was exposed, I replied with “just consider it as the trunk of an elephant towel animal”. She quickly responded with “no, I’ll consider it an old towel with a loose thread”…

Brenda in Canada February 9th, 2005 12:33 PM

LOL Jason!
Those towel animals were very cute;my youngest bought a TA in the gift shop-it is a miniaturized stuffie version. I think she chose a hippo!
Carnival dining waitress also showed us the Carnival books for sale: I think there was a recipe book, a drink book and ?the third one might have been the TA one/or?? I should have looked in the recipe one-was there a recipe for Chicken a la Greque?? If anyone knows please post the recipe-thanks. My youngest still raves about that chicken-the only meat she really enjoyed the whole cruise!!

MichelleP February 9th, 2005 01:26 PM

I have the Carnival cookbooks... I'll have to check for that recipe when I have time at home.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

sue February 9th, 2005 01:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: How to make towel animals!

Michelle, did you book another cruise? wow you go Girl!!!!!!

Trip February 9th, 2005 06:23 PM

Jason, you made my night! ROFLMAO

rollerdonna February 9th, 2005 09:05 PM

Jason, go to your room!

donna

SJ February 9th, 2005 09:41 PM

My kids had to have the towel folding book. Each night they would go into their cabin and call us excitedly "We have an elephant (or whatever) what do you guys have?" It is surprisingly easy. The towel folding demos in the atrium were so much fun, too as our cabin steward was out there showing us all how to do various animals, even ones not in the book.

MichelleP February 10th, 2005 07:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to make towel animals!

Sue, haven't booked yet, but we're thinking about it... not sure if our finances will enable us to go. We have some friends who want to go with us, though, and it's mighty tempting...

Cheers,
Michelle P.

MichelleP February 10th, 2005 07:54 AM

Brenda, here is the recipe for the chicken.

Chicken Breast a la Greque

6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 T. olive oil
1 t. chopped fresh thyme
1 t. chopped fresh tarragon
1 t. chopped fresh oregano
1 t. minced garlic
1/2 t. cracked black pepper
18 whole peeled shallots
4 artichoke bottoms, cooked, cut into 6 pieces each
18 black olives, cut in half
1 c. chopped peeled tomato

Place chicken in food storage bag. Add 1 1/2 T. olive oil, 1/2 t. thyme, 1/2 t. tarragon, 1/2 t. oregano, and 1/2 t. garlic to bag; seal bag. Toss to coat chicken with marinade. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 min.

Remove chicken from marinade; place on broiler pan. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 10 to 14 min. or until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning once.

Meanwhile, in small frying pan cook shallots in remaining 1 1/2 T. olive oil until tender. Stir in remaining herbs, garlic, artichokes, olives, and tomatoes. Continue cooking until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve vegetables with chicken.

Tip: marinated chicken can be grilled over medium coals on charcoal grill.

Serves 6

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Brenda in Canada February 10th, 2005 10:55 AM

THANK-YOU Michelle!!! My 7 year old will be thrilled!!!! I hope mine tastes as good as theirs.(LOL!)