Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Default Puttin' it in was a lot easier than gettin' it out!

I'm surrounded by crazies, and I fit right in!

During one of the hurricanes our toilet stopped flushing right. I tried using a plunger on it but to no avail. The only thing I could think of which might have caused this was all the ground water from the hurricane might have washed sand into an underground drain which might have been cracked or something from roots.

So we've used another bathroom for the last several months because (crazy person #1) dear wife wouldn't call a plumber until she could tidy up the bathroom. Finally I told her last week I was calling the plumber. She kept cancelling his appointment behind my back because she hadn't cleaned the mirrors for Pete's sake.

The plumber (crazy person #2) came yesterday and removed said toilet to discover something stuck in the trap cavity that he couldn't remove or identify other than to see it had bristles. Said he couldn't remove it so we need to buy another toilet.

Dear wife (remember crazy person #1) called me at the office and asked if I had a grabber type tool that would go around 180 degree toilet trap and grab something and pull it out.

When I got home, I discovered said toilet sitting on the bedroom floor looking mighty inviting. I considered my options. Did not use said toilet but wanted to dump on it like it dumped on me. After contemplating the situation, I came to the conclusion that water pushed said object into the cavity therefore water should also remove it.

I sprayed the inside of the flush cavity with WD-40 and what area I could get to from the bottom to coat the dastardley object with a slick fog. Took damn toilet outside and turned it upside down and filled it with water. Flipped it over and there was the freakin' object resting in the bottom of the bowl waiting for me to remove it. Which I did.

It was a hand brush the cleaning lady (crazy person #3) used but either forgot to remove it before she flushed the toilet or decided she didn't want it anymore and tried to dispose of it. In either case, the witch (crazy person #3) didn't bother to tell anyone (thanks, you #^%%$&%^^!*^&^$) but just collected her check and strolled on home.

It was a lot easier puttin' it in than gettin' it out.

Regards,
Thomas
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Puttin' it in was a lot easier than gettin' it out!

Oh Thomas,
What a story, made my day for sure :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 9th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Admiral

What a story Thomas! Glad everything came out all right! <VBG>

donna

Old February 9th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Admiral

And I thought this was gonna be a dirty story...............

Thomas, you ruined my day.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old February 10th, 2005, 07:24 AM
VTJen

Unbelievably Thomas we have been through the same situation. We tried the water method - if you can imgine me balancing it on the deck rail while husband applied the water. Nothing budged. I had a need to know. We took a sledge hammer to the "throne". Appears son who was about 2 at the time had done some experimenting at flushing things. A whole roll of toilet paper, a couple of small matchbook trucks and a decorative cube of acrylic that had been drilled and etched with a fence and trees.

Hope your bathroom is useable soon.

VTJen
Old February 10th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Betty and Wes

Do you still have the same cleaning woman? If she doesn't clean mirror in bathroom..........
Old February 10th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Wow, Thomas, that paints quite a picture. You ought to bill the cleaning lady for the plumber's bill and cost of installing a new toilet.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old February 10th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Sorry buddy, but I laughed until the tears came!

Okay, now that I have control, I think your cleaning lady deserves a swift kick in the brush!

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old February 10th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Admiral

We recently put in a new toilet in one bathroom. Hired a plumber to do it. I'm thinking as he heads to the bathroom to take out the old one, "gee, it's heavy, I wonder how he is goung to get it out?". As he walks into the bathroom he says, "are you keeping this?".
I Say "nope". At which point he takes out a large wrench from his tool bag and bashes the heck out of the toilet so that 10 seconds later there is nothing but a big pile of broken china on my floor. I guess it's a good thing I didn't change my mind about wanting it.
Old February 11th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Thomas, haven't been on the boards in a couple of days so I have to say that that was the best/worst story I have ever heard. {{grin}}

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old February 11th, 2005, 06:16 PM
susancruzs

Thomas, I finally read your story as the title made me hesitate (not that I don't trust you)!
Absolutely too funny, total laughter here!

I had new vinyl floors put in my mobile home when I bought it, decided as long as I was doing it, might as well get new thrones, too! You can imagine my amazement when I came home and both were side by side on my deck (pre-3 season room installation or I could have used them for "stools" on the porch).

I called Mike and asked why are these on my deck? He didn't want to dispose of them in case I wanted them or someone else did! They were there a day or two and were great for conversation, however, the park office was not amused! No sense of humor!

Susie