Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default The DI Adventure Tour in St Maarten

This tour visits the highlights of Phillipsburg. Good walking shoes, a sun hat, and sun screen are recommended. Sun glasses are essential due to possible massive interactionof sunlight and bling.

Participants may required to walk or run approx.10city blocks. More importantly, participants must be able to stand on their own after fainting.
At some points males in the group may be expected to stand for long periods of time, holding their wives purses (great photo ops).

This tour is not recommended for those with a weak stomach or a low credit card limit.

Old February 15th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: The DI Adventure Tour in St Maarten

Having spent quite a bit of time in St Maarten, I am sure I have visited all of them (much to the distress of 'da Coot') And what did Geela purchase in these lovely stores?

Carnival Glory
Old February 15th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Terri Ann

Default Re: Re: The DI Adventure Tour in St Maarten

Kuki,

Been there, done that in January. I thought my DH was going to go into cardiac arrest a few times, but he gamely hung in there and was a trooper. Not that I bought a bunch of bling, but he was scared. (VBG) : )

Terri Ann
Old February 16th, 2005, 09:06 AM
PapBill

I have been an observer of this tour and many others such as the Columbian Emeralds Marathon and the Little Switzerland 5000m on many islands in the Caribbean . One has to be careful as there are many places where you can leave your money and walk away with nothing except a small box or bag with the tiniest of bauble or souvenir in it.
However these tours and competitions seem to be enjoyed very much by the female participants. Gram trains all year by pulling her wallet from her pocket book and extracting her Amex card in record time.
Old February 16th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Admiral

You know, honestly, one of the things I don't like about cruising is how every major port call seems to have twenty of the exact same shops peddling the exact same jewelry... the ports are becoming very homogeneous to me. It takes real effort to get "off the beaten path" and discover the soul of a place.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old February 16th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Yeoman

DH will be delighted to find out about this tour!!! Do they have chairs to sit in in the showroom ? How about blindfolds and smelling salts <g>? Perhaps a martini bar in the corner to keep DH amused while I shop.......perhaps it will numb the pain that it causes in the area of his wallet. lol..

Lesley
Conquest 9/03
Glory 9/04
Valor 4/05