Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Cat

Default Should have said hello to IRONMAN

Hey there, my name is Cat...I just stepped off Carnival Imagination a day ago and have this fluttering feeling of regret which I have never had before in my life. You see, I am a triathlete here in vermont and was on vacation helping a family with their child who is disabled. On this trip, there was a man who was obviously a triathlete, most likely, an Ironman competitor. I was impressed by him, his strength, and demeanor on the ship. There were several times when I should have asked him a million questions about his racing and training, etc....however, I regretfully did not. The last couple of days on the ship I seemed to notice him every where I went. No name exchanging etc......and I am still filled with regret. I know how people are when they just return from a trip, and I know this will pass, but for right now, I just wished I had asked his name to learn a bit more. He was with a woman, brown hair medium build.....they seemed very happy together, but I just felt as though under our sunglasses we were looking at one another on many different occasions. When I would pass him, I got goose bumps...that is not normal. I have been with someone as well for two years now, and NOT ONCE have had the thought that he may not be the one until this six day adventure. I don't even know his name, and I am sure I never will. What an akward email to write....knowing that chances are the slimmest they could possibly get that we will never meet. In any case, I write to clear my head. I had a great time on this ship......my only thoughts pertaining to my time on the ship would be a larger more up to date work out physility ha ha.
Be well, and if by chance this man reads this email, I was blond, 5ft7, athletically built and smiling most of the time on the ship.
Cat
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2005, 01:16 PM
venice

Default Re: Should have said hello to IRONMAN

my experience in life is to enjoy that "ship connection" but let it be..it is NEVER as good in person as it is in thought...
Old February 20th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Why be shy? A cruise ship is a perfect place to meet people. I am happily married. My husband and I enjoy meeting couples, singles, crew, etc. just for the conversation. We talk to everyone and have exchanged cruise photos and emails with tablemates and people we've met thru the boards. We've met some very interesting people from all over on our cruises. Cat, you probably lost your mystery man. Take another cruise and meet some real people.
Old February 21st, 2005, 04:05 AM
Julien A

Inspiring!
You can write a song or a poem.

Julien
Old February 21st, 2005, 06:25 AM
SarahJ

He is probably very happy with the woman he was with.
Old February 21st, 2005, 03:23 PM
Cat

Default Re: Re: Should have said hello to IRONMAN

I know, you are so right. This was my second time on Imagination, and I was a nanny on this trip. People even called me the nanny...pretty funny. The mother of the girl I wa working with on the trip was there as well. We met amazing people and had a ball. The reason I am sad,(and I know I need to just forget about it) is that other people were telling me this man was looking at me. On one of the excursions, we stared at one another for a good amount of time. It was the oddest thing I have ever experienced. I have never felt these feelings about someone I have never met. Like I said, it was in his demeanor, the way he carried himself. He was so strong....I admired him and did not know him. Other people were telling me how "cute of a couple" we would make.....just by looking at him, and looking at me....how odd. I should have asked him about his racing...I had plenty of opportunities. I am not out to break up a couple, just know a bit more about him. If he is happily married even, it would be great to know more about racing, techniques, etc. At least I would know.....
Thanks for taking the time to respond...it helps.
Be well
smiles
cat