Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:57 PM
debbieg

Default jewel of the sea return feb 20

First chance to post since return on Feb. 20th. Thanks to all who encouraged us to go despite problems at home. Jewel of the Seas is a spectacular ship. Entertainment was super just about every night. Food was there for all you could eat. Didn't try any of the specialty restaurants. Figured it was dumb to spend more money when we've already paid for meals on ship. If you don't want to dress up you still have other options. Had a great time. Was a little disappointed in the weather. Very windy all week. I guess I like the heat! Temp in the caribbean was 76 - 82 degrees. Did get rained on a couple of times. All kinds of activity on board if you wanted to get involved. Did lots of great shopping. Also had lots of fun at art auction on board. May have gone a little overboard on that. I have to say that it's the last time I'll let the cruise line make any of my travel arrangements. Had to have our return flight changed because they had us sitting in Fort Lauderdale for 8 hours after docking! That cost us an extra $85. each! When we did dock, our flight was to leave Ft. Lauderdale at 12:10 PM. Got off the ship at 9 AM and sat there till 10:45 Am. Had to cut lots of lines to get checked in and boarding passes. Airport was jammed! Arrived at the gate for our flight at 11:50 AM. Not the way we wanted to end a relaxing vacation! Returned late Sun. night to 36 degrees and woke up Monday morning to 6 inches of snow. What a bummer!!! We did relax though. Had a great time. The elderly gentlemen we care for was just transfer back to the hospital for an infection today. I think maybe he also felt a little depressed since no one was to see him since we were gone but he should be okay in a couple of days I hope. Just a note to anyone going on Celebritys newest ship Glory. My neice left on Sat 2/19 and has called her family to let them know her itinerary has changed. Seems the ship has been having some problems with propulsion the last 2 weeks and instead of the caribbean they're only going to Nassau and Key west. So you may want to spread the word if anyone has reservations for upcomming weeks. They didn't let them know until they were at sea that there was an ongoing problem for the last 2 weeks. Really a bummer if you ask me. The cruise line said that they're still getting their cruise and food just not the original itinerary like the Caribbean so it doesn't look like they'll be compensated in any way. Anyway we did have a good time and thanks again to all who encouraged us not to cancel.
Debbie
Forgot to tell you that my husband wants me to book another cruise ASAP! Even though it's not the first one we've been on!
Sponsored Links