Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Yeoman

Default Good Thurs Morn

Ok, supreme blond here,
Couldn't figure out for the life of me why my posts weren't showing up. Duh!! Had to log in. Oh well, good morning to all from a foggy St Pete Fl. We are in springtime here. It's that great time when it doesn't rain for weeks. This is the time when it's great temps and the kids just can't wait to get out of school. Ok, so the rest of you are up to your necks, armpits, and various other body parts in snow. This is the secret to Fl. RollerDonna, congrats on booking a cruise you and your family deserve it. One of my mom's wishes is that when her time comes, that we take a cruise in her memory. Seahunks, we are stalked by RCCL. They have brainwashed our kids, invaded our tv and there is a boat (toy inflatable) that shows up periodically with a cruise written on it. Seems to be the Vision family most often. One more day till Fri. Have science fair project to finish tonight for oldest. Due tomorrow. Imagine that.
Have a good one
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Good Thurs Morn

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! I completely missed posting yesterday. Looks like more snow on the way tonight. It is 9 here in NH's Lakes Region. Ooooooooohhhhh where is spring??? I was sure that we would not get anymore snow since Lane bought a new tool to remove snow. He did get to try it out the very next day. Works well and he is tickled to have Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 24th, 2005, 03:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando....Anne, all the Floridians are up early!
Flying up to NJ this morning for dad's funeral....snow is predicted and the kids are thrilled.....not me....but then again thank goodness it's a rental car we'll be driving!
Doug R. I'll say hello to you at some point along some NJ road....we'll be going to Point Pleasant this afternoon to see my brother and his kids (can you believe that show on Fox of same name? yikes!) so figure that's the closest we'll be to your neck of the woods.
Angela Z.
Old February 24th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Cruznut I am with you. Spring where are you? It is snowing here this morning in Ohio. Don't know how much we are suppose to get. Think warm. Hope everyone has a nice day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old February 24th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning kids! Boy, you are all up early this morning. It is snowing here in the "Burgh" also. They are saying 2" to 4" !! Yeah! Driving home should be fun! When will spring arrive? I'm so ready for sun and no snow. I hope you all have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old February 24th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's one day closer to the weekend, and I'm happy about that. Not much on tab for today, just the same ol' same ol'.

I drove around a couple of car dealers yesterday, just to get an idea the cost of a new truck. Talk about sticker shock! Decisions, decisions.

Have a great day, everybody!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old February 24th, 2005, 05:56 AM
First Mate

Good Morning from WET Ga.
Not much today work & then home to pack some more boxes. I took yesterday off to work at our other house to get it ready to move into so we can get our house on the market. It looks like everything is starting to shift into high gear. We should be able to start building in the next two months if the rains hold off & spring is the best time to put our house on the market in our neighborhood. The new residents at the hospital will be coming in town, looking for houses.
Ya'll have a great day.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Passenger

Good morning everyone from Orlando. It looks like its gonna be a wet one one today and this weekend. I hope so we need it so we do not have a bad wildfire season. It should rain Mon-thurs and be beautiful central florida fri-sun. Oh well. we cannot have it all. Pardon the grammar this a.m. Stephanie
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:19 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Another cold one today, it is -4 here this morning. The dog didn't linger outside this morning, but I noticed the birdfeeders were picked clean, so had to fill them in the frigid cold, my fingers were not happy, but the birds will be.

My niece from CT is up this week because of winter break. We went out to lunch yesterday, then last night I went with her and her sister to see Phantom of the Opera.
It was a good refresher for when I see it on Broadway in April.
I got to see it on stage many years ago in Montreal at Place des Arts - it was a nice experience.

Nothing on the agenda today, except for work.

Hope you all have a delightful day,
VTJen
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone!! We are anticipating a big snowstorm this afternoon so I am going to leave work here at 1 pm. Angela Z - I will wave as my bus goes by Pt Pleasant I actually live about 70 miles further south near Ocean City. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning......Angela you be careful driving. Don't know about Jersey but we are expecting 4 - 8 " + snow this afternoon into tomorrow morning. I agree Marylou, can't wait for it all to be over.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody,
It's 63 with overcast but the sun is trying to peek through here in Avon Park,FL. The front is starting to push through the state. I see a black cloud approaching from the Northwest so we may get rained on pretty soon. Highs will drop to 70 by next Tuesday. Ahhhhhh (I hear you!!!).
Today is donut run day.This afternoon there is a performance in our activities center and tonight is the Volunteer Recognition Dinner with certificates presentation. I am a recipient-putting in a stipend amount of "recorded" hours just to keep me and the mgt honest--they get go much free time from me after hours and sometimes on weekends,but I don't document all of it. I'll probably be available to help pass out certificates if necessary.

Better go. 8:02. Be careful in snow country Angela Z and all the rest. Bye. Lynne

Old February 24th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Yeoman

Happy Thursday from an extremely cold Newcastle. I can't wait to get to Florida and feel your lovely sunshine on my face!
Have a great day everyone,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Good MOrning Mates from the everchanging weather state of Ark..cold last night and this morning..but the weekend looks good..
Hope you all have a great day and hope you stay healthy. My head and nose feels like a stuffed turkey in Nov..>G<..
Angela..hope you have a safe trip that I know will be tough anyway. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Sounds like everyone is pretty much up and running fairly well. I hope you all stay safe and have a great weekend coming up. I am off the next 3 days and I plan on resting and trying to finish getting well from this crud.

Post Edited (02-24-05 07:54)
Old February 24th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Momtreal, where the computer screen says -17, but it is warm and sunshiney, birds are singing, and flowers are blooming in my heart today!! I am SO excited that we have booked a cruise, and that my daughter will get to experience it with us.
Today will be busy with more appointments, and house-clearing-out stuff. I need to go back to work for a rest!
Angela, will be thinking of you today at you father's funeral. Drive safely in the snow. You should have seen the snowstorm on the day of my mom's funeral! She would have been horrified that everyone had to drive in that weather just to say goodbye to her!
Have a good day everyone,

donna

Old February 24th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Temps in Calgary could edge toward 60 F today.... so not too bad at all.

Coming toward the end Feb. puts a glimmer of thought in my mind about the start of golf season. Afraid though we have at least 6 or 7 weeks to wait.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 24th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Passenger

Good Morning to all......first time at my computor in the AM in ages. I agree with MaryLou; the roads were a mess around Pittsburgh. We hope to have an August cruise booked by the end of this week. It sure will be nice to know there is one coming up! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old February 24th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Good Thurs Morn

Well, this time I can say it: Good morning from SUNNY Southern California. Now to dig out from all the problems and get the pot holes out of the roads. Wed., no rain in our area.

Keith went to the audiologist yesterday. He's still getting accustomed to the new hearing aids.

Not much on the slate for us. I worry about bills. Money is really tight. I feel somewhat guilty about going on this cruise in March.

Have a good Thursday, CM's.

Judy
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning froma beautiful sunny Vancouver. It has been cold at night-a few degrees below freezing, but nice(! )during the day. We have not had much rain at all this month!!(Did you hear that Papa Bill? lol)
RD-I see your countdown clock;less than 2 months.! I will have to read old posts to find out where you are going;good for you!
Angela-drive safely.
Kuki-great golfing weather here!!
Hope everyone's day goes well. Nothing too much planned. My last(only 2 total) East Indian cooking class is tonight. Pretty sure we are going to San Diego and Disneyland at the beginning of June but have not booked yet. Alaska Air has a 'sale' on so I must book before March 3rd. We will fly out of Seattle again to save US$300 on flight cost!!
Take care. Bye for now. Brenda in sunny Vancouver