Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2005, 10:17 AM
aprilsailing

Default maison st charles

I am hearing mixed review for the Maison. We are a group of around 9 cabins going on the Conquest 4/17. Does anyone know how many people the limo hold? How is the hotel? Is it near things? Did we make a good choice in booking it?
Thanks for any comments.
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: maison st charles

You don't say what city the hotel is in, but if it's New Orleans, I think BigJohn and his wife stayed there, but I'm not sure. You could e-mail him. Second, (if they let me print this), you can go to hotels.com and read a review of it. Hope this helps.

Judy
Old February 24th, 2005, 04:03 PM
First Mate

I stayed there last month and it was fine. It isn't luxurious by any means, but it's clean and well maintained and the people are very nice. We drove to New Orleans and parked our car there while we were on the ship. That worked out very well. The limo is an older one and could hold probably about 8-10 people or so. The streetcar stops right in front and lets you off right at Bourbon Street. Feel free to email me with any questions.
Old February 24th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Admiral

Rest assured that you made a very wise choice in the motel..we stayed there in Dec and took the limoThere were 4 couples and could have held 1 more couple. So that is a total of 10 people. It is an Old Motel but in very good shape. Very CLEAN and well kept grounds. Nice little neighborhood bar right on the grounds. if you go to the photo gallery and look up my pics from the Conquest in Dec you will see some of the ones we took and there are some of the Maison st Charles..hope this has helped..I posted the pic in the gallery on Dec 14th.

Post Edited (02-24-05 16:41)
Old February 25th, 2005, 08:33 AM
aprilsailing

Default Re: Re: maison st charles

Can you see the cruise ships from the hotel. One of the adults would like to get up early and watch it come in if they can.
Old February 25th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Admiral

No..you cannot see the harbor from the hotel..and it comes in around 4-4:30ish on Sun mornings.

Old February 25th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Admiral

Hi BigJohn and Vickie,
Driving to NO from LR. About how long did it take you to drive (I'll add 1 hr)? Did you stop overnight on the way? If so, where? Also, does the motel have free cruise parking if you stay 1 night (or 2)? About how much was the room? (Just found a quote for $111.00, is this right?) Is the limo ride free? I think you've answered most of these before, but thought I'd ask them all together! Thanks,

Post Edited (02-25-05 20:25)

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old February 26th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Fern..if you call and ask for the cruise package, If I remember, it was like 88.00 a night and you only have to stay one night. Yes. They do park your car for the cruise but it is not free. It is much cheaper though than at the port. 14.00 the first night and then 5.00 per night for the remainder. The Limo ride is free and prompt too. It took us about 9 hrs driving but I could have made it a lot quicker if my DW had taken a nap>G< Hope this helps out. If you have any further questions just ask away.

Old February 26th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

hey BigJohn--got a question concerning the limo from the Maison--do they have a set time that the pick u up or can you request your own time. We want to get there as early as we can board--or do we have to wait lets say til 1 or so???

Old February 27th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Admiral

Kmom..we were scheduled to go at 11:00am..but there was a problem at the port and he had taken someone at 19am and got held up for whatever reason..we got there around 11:30-noon..You ck with them as soon as you valet your car and they will tell you..they are very friendly and helpful.