Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2005, 10:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique
Default Back from Dawn Princess!

Just returned from 10 glorious days on the Dawn Princess. For those of you cruising on the Dawn in the near future, HAVE NO FEAR - it's wonderful!

All the previous "downer" reviews and comments had me concerned, but, believe me, I could not find anything wrong at all!

I am, however, shocked that washingtongolfnut (Chuck) did not mention me in the water volleyball posts from sea. I was a STAR!!! Maybe it's because whenever I wasn't on his team, he lost. The new knee and new hip didn't hold back this old girl at all!

Had a lot of flight delays - left a warm 70 degrees in Lauderdale this a.m., and landed in gray Pellston, Michigan to 13 degrees. After shoveling out my car and a slow 20 miles home, I'm beat!

Will post a full review very soon. I now have 25 cruises in 12 years so I'm not exactly a rookie at this - either I lucked out or the people who weren't happy with the Dawn were simply looking for things to be wrong.
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2005, 10:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Back from Dawn Princess!

Welcome back Belgique, glad to hear the knee and hip[ are in good shape!

donna

Old March 1st, 2005, 11:09 PM
Beginner

Glad to be home, but hate the weather!!!! I traveled w/ Belgique also and can't say enough good stuff. My "New" Husband and I were married on the ship, and they treated all of us like royalty. Everyday there was something special done for us, from balloons outside our stateroom to a tray of chocolate covered strawberries inside.

The food was outstanding, if it was bad I would have never heard the end of it, my father (a retired chef) was traveling w/ us and even he was impressed. Anything and everything your heart could desire was there for the eating. So we ate it, ALL of it, and enjoyed every bite!!!

The staff was there whenever you needed something, I hardly ever had to use my room key as my room steward was there to open the door for me. Always there to say good morning, and even called me Mrs. Steinbach. He was fabulous. The servers and bartenders were not only there to serve you yummy drinks, but most of them were entertainers as well, some did card tricks, some sang beautifully, and some did magic tricks that kept you wondering all day long.

The entertainment was outstanding, we won the Jeopardy -like game!!! GO Michigan!!! The comedian Carl Strong was a hoot, my cheeks hurt after seeing him. I just can't say enough about this ship, it was FABULOUS!!! Sail w/ Princess, you won't be disappointed, and those that say it was horrible are out of their minds!!!! A+ Princess Dawn!!!!

The newlyweds
-Dr. & Mrs. Steinbach
Old March 2nd, 2005, 07:14 AM
VTJen

Welcome home Belique and Amy! Glad you had a fabulous time.

VTJen
Old March 2nd, 2005, 11:58 AM
Cruisin'KandJ

Wow, it sounds fabulous. We still look forward to our cruise on the Diamond at the end of the month.

Judy
Old March 2nd, 2005, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Welcome home. I'm glad to hear you had such a great time on the Dawn. I know we loved that ship when we sailed on her a few years ago.

Phyll