Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2005, 06:50 AM
dee-lynn

Default disgusted and depressed

our cruise is coming up in 7 weeks and last night I thought I would take an inventory of my cruise clothing. Ugggggggh!!! Almost everything I tried on since last March is now too small. Never dreamed i put so much weight on. Everyone tells me I look better with more weight. I am diabetic and have started taking meds for it and am now 15-20 lbs heavier. People said I looked to thin and fraille before. I wish I could look the way I did before.at least I could fit in my cothes.
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: disgusted and depressed

What???? You don't like having a legitimate reason for shopping for new clothes??? Can I introduce Mrs. Thomas to you, please?

Thank you.

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 4th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Administrator
Admiral

dee-lynn,

I know how you feel. I have had the problem of clothes that fit one time and then not the other. On my last cruise I had lost weight and I didn't try on my tux until it was too late to get it altered so the jacket was pretty baggy. I also have had the problem of putting on a suit or other clothes that fit just fine a few months earlier only to find that the pants no longer button or buttons on the shirt were at "maximum capacity".

I guess you'll just have to use this as an excuse to do some cruise shopping. The old stuff was probably getting out of style anyway. Even if it isn't, it's a good way to rationalize a shopping trip. <VBG>

Take care,
Mike(I'm glad you are looking better and I hope you are also feeling better)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 4th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: disgusted and depressed

Maybe the meds need to be switched. What might also helps is a scale . I know I weigh myself every morning after I get up. When I don't , I gain weight and just ignore it. I gained a lot of weight also...I did not weigh myself for a while. Now I am back on track and the scale does not look too scary. Good luck with your diet! Try cutting down on the bad carbs<sugars,starches> this always helped me as I have the same medical condition.

Old March 4th, 2005, 07:35 AM
venice

it takes your system a while to adjust to the medicine and therefore your weight will swing..don't beat yourself up about it, I suspect as part of your diabeties, your doctor has you on an exercise program which will help stablize your weight

treat yourself to some new clothes and plan on exercising on the ship which will keep you even..also most cruise ships today offer many selections that fit into your condition so you won't feel left out

fyi, I bet 90% of cruisers (myself) included have the same problem about the clothes whether we are diabetics or not

have fun and cruise
Old March 4th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Listen to what your friends and family are saying, you looked to thin and fragile. Be happy that you are filling out and go shopping!! I have also gained over 20 pounds this past year because of medications I have to take, give your body a chance to get used to the meds and I bet you'll be thrilled at the results. Remember you are alive and going on a cruise, God bless you and enjoy life. ((((((((big hug))))))))

Jeanne
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Admiral

dee-lynn, sounds like a good excuse to go shopping to me! I'm one of those annoying people who NEVER gain weight, no matter what I eat, but that's not stopping me from shopping for something new for my upcoming cruise!
I hope you are feeling as good as "They" say you are looking!

donna

Old March 4th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Captain

dee-lynn
I don't know how old you are. I'm 53 and a friend told me at my age you can look comming or going, but not both. (if you thin you look good going, but when your heavier it fils in all the wrinkles and you look good comming)
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:18 AM
dee-lynn

thanx all for the great input and heartfelt emotions (now there's an idea...go shopping!!!) being part of this board feels like family and warm fuzzies to me; again a big thanx and also thanx for the hug; I caught it and am feeling better!!!
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Glad to hear it! Now get on with the shopping! We women have to stick together thru "thick "or "thin"! ha ha!!
Old March 4th, 2005, 12:42 PM
venice

I assumed when you said 'we" you meant DH..If it makes you feel better, or to spread the guilt, take him shopping for new clothes also..when it comes to cruising, we men have an equal right to have new clothes also (smile)
Old March 4th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I will personally come help you shop

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator