Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Thursday !!

Only 1 more day & then its FRIDAY..... yippee !! Although, Im stressing as DH has to go out of town come Sunday for a few days... hes a big help around here since Ive been sick & I dread him being gone !!

Hae a good day y'all !!!

Steph
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Happy Thursday !!

Happy Thursday evening Steph and all CM's.
Its only one day left till the weekend for me, Woo Hoo!!

Steph take the time to relax instead of stress. "Im all for PEACE & QUIET !!!!"
Does this ring a bell or chime. .

We had a tornado today in NZ for the first time in years in Greymouth (west coast of the south island). Lots of damage and a couple of injuries but no deaths which is good.

I can tell everyone looking forward to spring up in the northern hemisphere that our spring/summer took ages to arrive last year. It is becoming colder here so it will be getting warmer for you lot very shortly. Enjoy all the sunny days as it will not last long.

Everyone have a great! day. (8 hours and not quite counting)

Post Edited (03-10-05 01:36)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old March 10th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Admiral

Liam - NO CHIMES... ANYTHING BUT CHIMES.... lol !!
Old March 10th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Admiral

LMAO Thanks for the laugh steph. I am still smilling while typing this reply .

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old March 10th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from NH's Lakes Region. It is only 1 here, where is spring?? Not even a hint that spring is near. More snow coming over the weekend. I am ready to pack up and move to Florida. I used to live in Lakeland years ago and have lately been checking out the rentals there. A friend of mine just bought a home in "The Villages" and is getting ready to move in April. I am green with envy or maybe it is blue with cold. I hope all of you have a great day.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 10th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it's still a little chilly (for us anyway!) but at least today is supposed to be dry.
I get my permanent crown today....will be glad when this is over. After the dentist appointment I'll meet up with my husband and go to watch a band performance our son is in today.
Angela Z. who really wishes she didn't have to work in between all this stuff!
Old March 10th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Ohio. It is a big 15 out there this morning. Cruznut2 I think spring forgot to get off the cruise ship our something, I am waiting. Hope everyone has a great day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 10th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Admiral

From the Canadian North Atlantic Coast:

Two days ago, the snow was melting. Yesterday & today, deep, really deep freeze.

Local newspaper headline: ``N.B. suffers through typical flu season``.

Canadian $ went up 6/10 of a cent. The cruises will get cheaper for snowbirds.

Last night, Jeannine & I caught the movie ``HITCH`` with Will Smith & Kevin James. Jeannine enjoyed it very much, I guess the term ``Chick Flick`` comes to mind as my opinion of the movie. The sacrifices a husband must make (just kidding).

Will Smith is a very good actor. Kevin James was funnier than the role he plays on ``KIng of Queen``. I did when Kevin kissed Will Smith. Anybody see that?

Have a good one.

Bill
Old March 10th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I had to break down and replace the water pump on my furnace yesterday. By the time I got home from work, it was 54 deg.!!! It took less than an hour to replace, but the boiler will only fire for a short time before shutting down (a safety thingee), so it never got warm until it was time to go to bed. But it's nice and toasty in the house this morning, as opposed to the outdoors, which is 8 degrees.

Still no word from the insurance co. I know I'm going to change to another company now! Customer service is terrible!

I hope everyone has a grand day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 10th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning, kids: Same old, same old in the "Burgh"...woke up to even more snow this morning...this is March, right? I got an estimate on my car yesterday.....need to replace the rear hatch and bumper cover....a mere $2300. Hmmm, that's a cruise, . Well, you all have a great day!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:12 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
Cold in Ga. Not much going on, just another day at work.
Leslie was talking about taking a cruise when her dad gets better. She's having to handle everything for her mom & keep everyone at bay. But with starting a house & stuff going on with the development it would have to be a short one.

Ya'll have a great day.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
Views of Clearwater Beach from the Fox SkyCam showed a beautiful sunrise, and much clearer skies with the promise that today the temp will moderate to the mid 60's today, 69 tomorrow and up into the low 70's by Saturday. Could this be spring? If not, it's definitely a good tease! Right now it's about 48 degrees here in Avon Park,FL. and feels like it !! (but, the sun is now shining!!)

Trevor started laying the new tile yesterday-it's got a distinct pattern to it-kind of diamond starburst in the middle done in wood tones. It's pretty but busy. Last night after laying 17 of them he wasn't sure he really liked it!!! I told him that if he'd waited a day, we could have decided to put down a light green to compliment the darker green carpeting in the living room. Hmmmn. Stick with it or not, it's giving him something to focus on after having worked for awhile.

Yesterday he applied for unemployment on the advice of a friend. He did it online and it was a definite government form. One would think he's applying to have a high risk security position by some of the questions asked. Wasn't like that in Ohio when I applied many years ago. Now, they'll even find a job for you. He was only allowed one choice of position, so he put down Bank Teller! . Since he just recently came off his job using that info, if he waits too long he'll lose the knowledge he just gained.

Tonight is our Volunteer Recognition at work and then I have a meeting at church so I probably won't get home until after 9:00PM. This morning is the donut run, and the Elks Club comes in at 10AM for its monthly Veterans Gathering--refreshments, entertainment (piano) and socialization. We're getting more spouses now than Veterans!
Bye. Have a great, and warm, day!! Lynne

Old March 10th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! Back at work after taking yesterday off because of the commute from hell on Tuesday night. Tuesday we were dismissed early at 3pm so I caught the 3:20pm bus. I knew we would be late due to the weather but had no idea it would take 7 hours to get to where my car was parked. An hour or two of the delay can be attributed to accidents along the way, including a big bus fire on NJ Turnpike, but at least four can be atributed to the idiot driving the bus. We were one block from the entrance to the Holland Tunnel when we were forced to turn away because we were blocking an intersection, then turned away again because he was in the wrong lane. It was four hours before we finally got through the tunnel. No bathroom on the bus either.

Please continue to pray for Shelby the little girl with cancer.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:54 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Finally back on the Boards. With my daughter home and two extra from Monday until yesterday morning I had no chance to get online, or do much of anything for that matter. It was great to have my daughter home, but she cried when it was time to leave. Very heartbreaking - for a mom who wanted to cry right along with her.
Her group of 40 loved winter in Vermont - and since we had a huge snow storm while they were here it was a real treat for all those southern gals to play in the snow. They didn't enjoy yesterday when they were trying to leave when it was more than 20 below zero with the wind chill, the roads were all drifted in and everything was just frigid. They were ready to head south again. Today they are in NYC.

While home my daughter let us know that she has to take a Music History class. She was supposed to take it after a summer session next year and travel to Italy. If she does it next year she will miss her brother's High School graduation. She had decided she will take it after a summer session this year instead. She will be traveling to southern Germany and Austria. She has already toured northern Germany, so at least it will be new sights to see. Of course the deposit needs to be made by next Tuesday, just about when we have to pay for my son's German Exchange trip that takes place next week (northern Germany). I wish so much of live didn't depend on money. I guess I must tighten the belt yet once again. I hope we can still make the home repairs we have been planning on this spring. Oh, well.

The sadness continues here - on Tuesday my nieces boyfriends mother lost her fight with cancer. I do have a bit of good news though - baby Jayden had his brain surgery yesterday. They had to take only one piece of the brain, not three like they had thought. Now we just have to wait and see how he progresses. He will be transferred back to the Medical Center in Vermont from Boston Children's Hospital in a couple of days. He will be in the hospital for months possibly. His future seems so dim, I do hope something changes in his life.

Yesterday after the girls left on their bus I came home from Church. I just wasn't up to working and I cancelled my Bible Study class for last night. I was physically and emotionally drained. I just sat in my recliner, turned on the tv and napped for most of the day with my dog snuggled beside me. I just couldn't believe how tired I was once I let myself relax. I guess I had been overdoing. Just wish that spring was around the corner - winter seems to be in a vengence here, another storm will hit us over the weekend - with lots of snow. Please stop the madness!

I must go to work today and hope to accomplish great things. Ha, will try and get something done tho.

Ed - good luck with picking out a new truck. Glad your furnace is fixed. It is -2 here today. Not good weather to be without heat
Phyl - glad to know that you are now halfway thru your treatments. Will pray that all goes smoothly for you.
Trip - hope you have recouped from yesterday - sounds like you had your handsful
MaryLou - it doesn't take long for those fender benders to add up to big money.
Sue - I hope your back feels better soon
Leslie- praying that your dad is feeling better soon
Cruznut - I feel your pain. I feel like spring is just a myth at this point

Hope you all have a delightful day
VTJen
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert. The rain has retreated for a few days, and today is expected to be 85 degrees, with 87 tomorrow! But we may have more rain here in the desert by early next week, with snow in the high elevations. Believe me, we're not complaining. We have been in drought conditions for so long that we're really welcoming the moisture!

Jose and I are on the verge of booking a cruise for this summer to replace the one we had to cancel in May because his employer won't give him time off at that time of the year. I just have to clear this new date with my employer, and, hopefully, by tomorrow I'll be trying, once again, to figure out how to add my countdown clock to my signature!

Have a great Thursday, Cruise Mates!

Post Edited (03-10-05 06:59)
Old March 10th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Happy Thursday !!

Good morning from cold swfl...bbbrrrr I just turned the heater on. Sometimes I am wondering where the sun is here in FL> Bill, I did see the movie "Hitch" with my dh.I thought it was just sosos but my dh oddly enough liked it a lot. The big actor <don't know his name> was very funny.
Almost friday and I am so looking forward to it. I guess Easter will be here soon also and I need to make dinner plans. Need to order a ham from the honey baked ham company again. Nothing else going on here. Have a great day mates!

Old March 10th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from a still frigid Montreal. Haven't heard the forecast yet, but I can tell you it's COLD!
Got home very late last night after a Dr. appt. for my son that involved travel downtown. He will have his anti-depression meds changed yet again. Personally, I think they are making him a guinea pig until they find something that works.
Today it's work, then Pilates, then home to clean house and prepare for a weekend visitor. Nothing like good old friends to help you through the rough spots!

donna

Old March 10th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Josie

It is a chilly 34 degrees here in central Virginia. I'm here at work trying to get motivated. The worst thing I have done lately was buying a mattress pad that heats up. It is so hard to get out of that flannel cocoon every morning!

I'm trying to talk hubby into booking an 11 day caribbean cruise in January 2006. It that a good time to take a southern Caribbean cruise? We went last year in March and the weather was wonderful.
Old March 10th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning from a partly sunny but stil cold and windy SE Florida. Mary Lou isn't it funny how when we have to buy something we put it into cruise terms? We also do it, like the hurricane shutters we are getting put up in a couple of weeks, glad we have this coming cruise paid for already. Prayers to all who need them, stay safe and keep warm. VT Jen, you sound like you needa cruise!

Jeanne
Old March 10th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids..
Sounds like many of us are freezing our patooties off, north and south...grrr, enough already...Lets pretend, it's hot and humid outside..i'm happy Off to the dr. today, and some errands, Nikki and Aiden are going back to Conneticut, and that's MY day....have a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 10th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Today is going to be a "swing day" for our weather. The forecasters are saying cooler temps, and moisture. I'm holding out hope that they are wrong again.

It's been a week filled with family and friends each evening mourning the loss of my father in law. The large numbers of people making condolence calls has been very good for Mrs. Kuki... seeing a demonstration of how highly respected her father was.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 10th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Cruizin K and J

Good morning from a very foggy Southern California.

We will attend my neighbor's funeral this morning. There will be a wake at the home of one of the daughters afterward. Right now, I'm not inclined to go to that.

Must get some advice from an expert, too. Keith's inability to balance the bank acct. and my terrible math have created havoc in our financial life. A big chunk of the reason for my depression which hasn't let up.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old March 10th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates! Today is my Friday since I'm off tomorrow. Very happy about that! Plus, my parents are coming to visit for a night on Saturday. My dad hasn't even seen my house yet! I'm very excited to see them.

Hope everyone has a nice Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old March 10th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Expected early morning fog but --no-- the sun was out bright and early this morning-- getting ready for daylight savings time--- woke up early and was walking my dog by 6:30-- nice to hear the birds singing and see the flowers and trees blooming-- I do feel sorry for those that suffer from allergies-- they are in full bloom around here and then some.
Sending all my positive thoughts and prayers out to all---- we can never have enough----
Cheers all
Good morning and have a great day-- or at least try to make the best of it
April
Old March 10th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a sunny Vancouver. Have to get my car Air-Cared and then pay for my car insurance. work tomorrow.
Doug-WHOA! That sounds like the commute from Hades!!!!!!!!
I am kind of dreading today as on Tues. at work I got the news a friend(ex-coworker) (who lives/married a German guy) has breast cancer and has had surgery,chemo and will have to have other treatments. Yesterday my sister who lives about 4 hours away, phoned me and she has bladder cancer. It sounds like hers will hopefully just be an operation and then 'scopes' to check every now&then. I hope I do not get any more sad news!
Yesterday at the Orthodontist my 7 yr.old was told to get a baby tooth removed. No huge deal as she had one removed in mid-Jan that just would not fall out and the permanent one was really in lots. I have told her to get wiggling it!! (Hey-maybe that would be my set of 3 badluck things!!!)
Hope everyone has a good day.Take care. Bye for now. Brenda

Old March 10th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning from snowy SE Wisconsin.......