Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker
Default Ft Lauderdale cruise lines

We have returned from a wedding in the Bahamas today (Sunday).
Our flight path took us over the port of Ft. Lauderdale, and what did my eyes see?
I counted 7 cruise lines in port awaiting the next group to board.
Wish I were on one one them right now. But, will have to wait another 74 days.!!
Carole
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Ft Lauderdale cruise lines

A wedding the Bahamas sound lovely, Carole. Seeing all those cruiseships must have been bitter sweet knowing you weren't going to be boarding any of them. It doesn't seem to matter how often we cruise, the sight of those ships is always exciting.

Phyll

Old March 13th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

I hear ya, show me a ship, ANY ship, and I start to salivate.
Old March 14th, 2005, 09:10 PM
CruzCrazy

Okay the worst is just getting off the Millenium on a perfect Eastern Caribbean cruise and having a drink in the Hyatt's revolving bar in Ft. Lauderdale and watching the ships leave the port one by one.

It's amazing watching them turn around and back out and then head out to sea. You sit there and can figure out where they are going Eastern or Western. When it gets really dark you see the ship's lights in the distance. It's wonderful.

I saw my beloved Millenium leave on it's next voyage and I wasn't on it. But we toasted the new folks a great cruise.

Leaving out the Ft. Lauderdale port is wonderful, people who live in the condos overlooking the terminal, sound their bull horns and wave flags for their favorite line.

It's quite a sight. Really gets you in the mood for a great cruise.

If you every leave out of Ft. Lauderdale, stay an extra night pre or post cruise and head up to the Hyatt's revolving bar and check it out. There is even a landing you can go outside and watch the ships leave.
Old March 16th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Thanks for that tip Cruz, I'll do just that.
We go to FLL a lot since my daughter was the one that got married in the Bahamas.

OT We had a wonderful time at an all inclusive resort called "Breezes" Just like being on a curise,except you don't go to other ports. lol
Carole