Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Tuesday Morning Good Morning!!!

Good Morning CruiseMates!! It is very early, only 4:00 AM. I can't sleep because I am excited about starting work this morning. You wont believe this but............... Not an hour after I accepted this job I got an email from the school I had applied to. Originally they had offered me a substitute job which I declined. Now they want another interview for a full time job. The school does have better benefits but the pay was the same. However this job is closer to home. Not that the school is that far away but there are 12 sets of traffic lights between here and there. Just getting away from that rat race is a major plus!!! It is currently 28 here in NH's Lakes Region. It is supposed to get into the 40's today. Finally it begins to feel like spring. Have a great day CruiseMates!!!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Tuesday Morning Good Morning!!!

Congrats on your new job, it's always exciting to begin a new venture, and I hope it all works out for you!

It's supposed to be 75 here today in beautiful sunny southern California, hopefully the wind will die down today....

Have a great day, all!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old March 15th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Admiral

Cruznut2 good luck on your new job. I hate driving so I would probally have taking the closer one also. I only live 4 miles from where I work, and I love that. Today it is 24 this morning in Ohio, but suppose to get in the 40's today. I thinking spring. I hope it stays nice for the weekend. Have a great day everyone

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Admiral

Greetiings from: The Canandian Atlantic Coast

Congrats Cruznut2.

I tried to post a new message 4 hours ago but, couldn`t get it to register. Allmost first one to post. Still, I beat Steph on the thread. It will make my day.

Local newspaper headline news: ``Odds favour Hub City racetrack``. Looks like we may be getting a horse racetrack in the area.

-1C (30F for those on the other system) on the coast, allmost beach weather.

Rented video,``Finding Forrester`` last night. Excellent movie, no violence, no nudity, no sex just good acting an good story line. Didn`t think they made movies like that any more.

Words of wisdom: ``In the long run, the pessimist may be proven right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip`` -Daniel L. Reardon

Have yourself a fun day.

Bill
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruznut2...congrats on the job. Isn't that always the way it works, you are offered one job and then another the next day! I think you made the right decision. Have a wonderful first day! Good morning Jean, Carol, BW and all the CM's to follow. We saw the sun all day yesterday, it was wonderful...I am hoping for more of the same today. I almost didn't mind working 12 hours yesterday! I'm very fortunate to have two huge windows in my office...they make all the difference in the world. I hope you all have a great day!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Not much to report around here. Looked at some trucks yesterday, but I haven't fallen in love any of them. Ugh, how I hate this! I cleaned out my old truck after work yesterday. It's amazing how much junk can accumulate in the back of a club cab pickup. <G> Looks like I'll be selling it to a scrap dealer. There's too much possible hidden damage for a dealer to take it as a trade-in. Rats!

Congrats on the new job CN2!

Have a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Cruznut, we can sense your excitement right through the computer..Good for you!!!
A few errands today, and back home to bead some more. maybe add a few rows tothe scarf I am knitting. Ok ,I am going back to bed for a while See ya!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 15th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, where it is presently -2, but headed all the way up to +2 (or 35F) that will be the first time above 0 in a long time....
Perfect weather today for our daycare trip to the Cabane a Sucre, or Sugaring Off.
I am looking forward to a huge Cabane a Sucre lunch, and especially the "tire", or maple syrup poured on snow, then rolled up with a popsicle stick. Mmmmmm.....

Cruznut2, congrats on the job, good luck on your first day.

Ed, I hope you find the truck of your dreams!

Bill, thanks for the movie review. Good "old fashioned" movies are hard to find!

Have a good one mates....

donna

Old March 15th, 2005, 06:27 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

It is a balmy 26 her, the sun isn't out yet, more possible snow showers today.
Yesterday's trip to the doctor went well, the snow held off until I got home.
Turns out part of the reason I'm feeling so lousy is that I wasn't taking my meds correctly. I've taken the synthroid for years, but after the surgery I had to also take calcuim. I took them together. They never said they couldn't be taken together, nor was it on any of the paper work. The doctor told me yester that the synthroid won't absorb as well when taken with the calcium. So now I'll take them seperate, and hopefully I'll start to feel better. He also told me that it will take 6 more months for the healing inside my throat to heal, so I'll continue to feel like there is something stuck in my throat everytime I swallow. I can live with it for that amount of time, but I was beginning to wonder if I had another problem on top of all the others. I'll be glad when everything is completely healed.

The contractor finally brought the estimate to repair the snow plow damage - now we will submit it and hope that the State's Insurance Company will agree to the amount - it is over $6,000. I'll be glad when this fiasco is over also. It just seems right now there are so many "irons in the fire" that we can't keep anything straight. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get a handle on it soon.

Cruznut2 - I hope you have a wonderful day at your new job
Ed - I hope a new truck catches your eye real soon
Trip - you are very creative, beading, knitting, I'd love to see some of your work
Bill- where are you in the Maritimes? One of my best friends lives in New Brunswick, but not near the coast. As a child I remember taking the Princess Acadia from Saint John, NB across the Bay of Fundy to Halifax (at least I think that is the route we took) It had a yellow and black smoke stack (at least in my memory). I also remember eating fish and chips from either newspaper or paperbags and seeing a jellyfish near the pier.
It was my first experience "cruising". Someday I want to go back, explore Cabot's Trail and proceed to P.E.I. Maybe for my 25th Anniversary.
MaryLou - I hope that you don't have to work 12 hours today, sun or not
Kuki - I hope Kuki Jr. is doing better and that you find the cause of this asthma attack
Phyll-praying that you have a wonderful day today and the same to LibbyAnn
BigJohn & Jason - missed you over the last few days.
To everyone else - I hope your day is great

VTJen
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Good Morning folks, sunny bright day here in NYC but we could use a few more degrees on the thermometer. If you Cruisemates in Fla were as nice as everyone says you would send us a dozen or so.

Please continue to pray for Shelby, the girl with terminal cancer.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Post Edited (03-15-05 06:42)

Crown Princess March 2017
Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning, Y'all,
It's 7:48AM and in the mid-60's.The humidity is so high that the fog is raining droplets here and there. Major rain is due to move in tomorrow night.The weekend is due to be dry, here in Avon Park, FL.
Last night Trevor discovered a slippery spot on the new tile at the end of the kitchen counter.That's when the dismay started, as he discovered that an almost full bottle of floor stripper that had tipped over on the kitchen counter had oozed out.The cap was still on it so he thought it was tightly capped. It's under the dishwasher and under the leading row of new tiles on that side of the kitchen.The rest of it was tracked during the day with him not realizing what had happened. The worst case scenerio is that all the tiles will disintegrate and become unstuck or pieces unstuck The floor is "wet".It was impossible to get it wiped dry. I would guess that he dreamed about it all night and will think of a possible solution. It's hoped the area will dry out-but with the increased humidity this week---and he said the hair dryer would probably warp the tiles.BLAGH!!!!

Good News on your job Cruznut2. I had 2 job offers in the same day once. I finally took the one that paid $1000 more in salary. I never regretted my decision-not because of the money, but because it was the Director of Outreach and Nurture at a fine United Methodist Church. It was the place I needed to be at the time! Right now, I'm about 5 miles from my current job.

Everyone--have a wonderful day.Good luck with your truck search fasteddie and glad all the Northerners are getting a respite from your cold weather! Lynne

Old March 15th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning amigos. Looks like a busy day here. My birthday and my sister-in-law's birthday are coming up, and we're all going out to a fancy steakhouse to celebrate tonight. I'm looking forward to that. I hope it doesn't distract Mark too much from preparing for his interview tomorrow, though.

At home we are having horrible computer problems, though... we may have to do a system restore and start over again. Ugh!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old March 15th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Happy Tuesday CMs,

Best regards to all of you up north, as your weather looks like it may be turning its head towards Spring. Although the snowstorms seem still to be occurring in some regions, the pleasant weather can't be far behind. Hang in there, folks! We're already seeing signs of an early Summer down here in Florida. <S>

I'm glad that Ray B. has initiated another one of our Central Fla. Get Togethers. It will be good to see some of our CM friends again, and hopefully we'll meet some new ones too. Welcome to Paradise, Tweety! I lived in Nassau County just before moving down here some 28 years ago, and I really missed New York (for about a day or so). lol

Have a good day, everybody. And congrats on the job, Laura!

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:27 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........Congrats again on the job Laura......we'll have to celebrate on the Glory......<S>
Not much going on here today.....a few errands.......thoughts & prayers to those in need....
Everyone have a great Tuesday!!!!!

Sharon

Old March 15th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Another sort of mixed bag of weather expected for Calgary today. One thing for sure, it won't be 70 degrees <G>

Kuki Jr seems to have improved breathing. One more day of rest, and he can return to classes.

I'm headed off to work now. Hope I can get back to my old , normally "boring" routine.

Old March 15th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. I'm not even upset about the cold weather anymore. There is a light at the end of this tunnel and it is in Oviedo Florida. :-)

Been busy as a one armed paper hanger this morning. Dozens of phone calls to be made. Made the hotel reservation in Fayetteville, NC for the drive down on the 27th. Hopefully we'll get to have dinner with Guerry Griggs while we are there.

I'm really excited about getting to meet lots of our Florida Cruisemates while down there. So if you're in the area, would be great to meet you. Come on down to Toucan Willie's. Ray has all the details.

Still waiting to hear about a final closing date on the house but it seems like all systems are a go on this. Everyone keep your fingers crossed. We are hoping for a closing date before the end of April.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Tuesday Morning Good Morning!!!

Good morning..I have been up but busy. It was 28C yesterday and muggy. Lots of stuff going on here and I finally cancelled the hotel in NO. I am not interested in going at this time.

Have a good one mates...

June 1st 2015--- Denali Explorer Cruise on Star Princess!

Dec 18, 2014 Caribbean Princess
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Cruisin'KandJ

Good morning from Southern California where the sun is shining. Still chilly, though.

We have a meeting this a.m. with a financial advisor who will probably tell us we need a CPA. We've taken care of that.

I had a pretty much sleepless night and wil probably "cave" in the afternoon for a nap.

Everyone have a nice day.

Judy
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Josie

From Central Virginia in the mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway.

It is sunny and chilly this morning (30 F). Suppose to get up to 50 today. The next few days promise to be a little snowy along with rain. Yuk. The crocus and buttercups are blooming! A sure sign of spring.

I'm trying to get motivated here at work but not having much success. Maybe a cup of coffee would help. I'm sure a shot of Kaluha in my coffee would perk me up. Too bad they don't let you drink at work!
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Terri Ann

Default Re: Re: Tuesday Morning Good Morning!!!

Hello this am from Northwest Illinois. The sun is shining for once , but it is only 30 degrees. I don't care if it is cold, I am on Spring Break from my studies and can finally relax a bit. Tons of errands to do today, but it is okay, I will be out of the house!!

Looks like I have "hooked" the whole family on cruising. (VBG) DH and I will go on another this December and the kids are working out their schedules to join us for December of 06. We certainly have to plan ahead to corrdinate work schedules, etc.

Everyone out there in Cruise Mates land have a great day!!!

Terri Ann

Fascination Dec. 05
Destiny Dec. 06
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Admiral

I'mmmmm BaaaaaacK....I posted on the Hey Big John thread by Trip...Good Morning to all of you and I have missed all of you as well..We have been under the weather, Marsha worse than me...But we are on the mend now and should be back up and running.LOl..walking....Prayers to those in need and those who have requested and thanks to all of you for your prayers and concerns.....

I am working on a land vacation to Florida for August...the panhandle..and one for Grand Cayman...I have got some great deals coming in from my travel club and none of them are for cruises. BUT! I would take a trip to Grand Cayman anytime,,,for a week.>VBG<...I wish a cruise was in the offing but we will just have to wait and see.

Have a great day to all and please stay safe.

Old March 15th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI.

I've been out for treatment, had my coffee and ran some errands, and now I'm just going to take it easy for the rest of the day. Think I may even work on my puzzle a little bit.

Have a good one all.

Phyll

Old March 15th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good afternooon everyone. Another same old same old day here.....leaving for work in about an hour. Sure hope things go as well as they did over the weekend - all my patients behaved for once! No falls, no diabetic crises, no behavior problems....I know that this too shall pass, just hope it lasts for a little while!

Have a great day everyone!

Old March 15th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Admiral

VTJen:

Sorry to hear about about your health problems. As the old saying goes: ``Your health is your wealth``. Without it, life can be difficult. Hope you make it in the Maritimes on your 25th and see how it has changed.

I live in Moncton, N. B., which is 15 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean and 30 minutes to the Nova Scotia border.

If you took the ferry in Saitn John to go to Nova Scotia you would get off board in Digby, the home of the world famous Digby scallops and The Digby Pine Resort.

The Cabot Trail is nothing short of spectacular, especially in the Fall, when the leaves changes.

We now have a brige linking New Brunswick & P.E.I. Pretty amazing considering the 9 mile crossing and the ice build-up in the Winter. Cost to build the bridge exceeded on billion $.

What city does your friend live?

Bill