Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Hi, It's thursday Morning

Good morning from Southern California where we spent a lovely day with temps in the 80's. The rain's a-comin, guys. Possibly, when we board the Diamond Princess, it could be in the rain. I love it . . . aboard a beautiful ship, warm and pampered . . . what could be better?

Keithj and I spent a very busy day, and I am happy to say that he was really wonderful for memory. We went to the tax lady this morning, and she said he did just great. He has collected the tax info since his brain surgery last May! So it's amazing! Not perfect, but we are very grateful. \

Have a wonderful Thursday, CM's.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Hi, It's thursday Morning

Good morning Judy and all CM's to follow.

Another busy night at work, but at least they got their money's worth out of me tonight! lol

Warming up a bit here......having highs around 40 now which is closer to normal than 20's and 30's! Hopefully we will have an early and warm spring.

Getting anxious for the cruise docs to get here - others on my cruise have them already. I am thinking of asking Mike M to send down his camo and night vision goggles so I can stake out MY UPS/FedEx/DHL/USPS drivers!

Have a great day everyone!

Old March 17th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Admiral

hope y'all have a GREAT day !!

Steph
Old March 17th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Yeoman

Greetings from the soggy state of Fl.
We are finally getting some rain. I know, it's either feast or famine here. We need it though. Have to go put the corned beef in the crock pot for dinner tonight. Happt St Pat's day to all of you that claim to be Irish or wanna be!
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old March 17th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Happy St Patty's Day from NH's beautiful Lakes Region. It is 19 here and promises to be near 40. Spring is coming, I just know it!! CruiseMates, have a good and day.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 17th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Admiral

Happy Saint Patirck day to all of you who are Irish and those of you who wish they were Irish. And, the few other Cruise Mates, have a fun day.

Anne, put enough corn beef in the pot for your CruiseMates.(Just kidding).

Local newspaper hasn`t arrive yet. Cannot say what headline will be.

Judy, you must have started this thread before going to bed? Here in New Brunswick, we are on Atlantic time which is 4 hours earlier than California.

Steph, did you y`all sleep in this morning?

We had 2 consecutive days of above freezing. The maple sap has been flowing and will flow today. Will probably bring a few of our grand-children to a ``Cabane a Sucre`` or Maple Sugar Camp this weekend. It`s a great tradition in the land of the maple tree.

Laura, are Maple Sugar Camps popular think in N.H. ? We did the White Mtns last fall, what beautiful place you live.

Bill
Old March 17th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Hi BW, I have never heard of a maple sugar camp but there are many sugar houses around this area. I am sure they are busily boiling the sap for all those wonderful maple treats. The weather has been right, I do hope they have a good year. Thanks for the compliments. I do think that NH is one of the most beautiful places even if it is cold. If you get to NH again try the Lakes Region and take a cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee aboard the Mt. Washington.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 17th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Admiral

Laura:

We only had an afternoon and one day. Next time, we will do the cruise. We did the ``Flume`` which is one a the best nature walk we have ever done. Jeannine, my wife, had to do the outlets in North Conroy.

I don`t mind the cold. I`d rather have that than the tornados and hurricanes.

Sugar houses, sugar camps, I`m pretty sure they are one of the same. Here, they pour the boiling sap on snow to cool. After it cools down you pick it up with popsicle sticks. The outcome is like toffee made out of the maple sap. Quite delicious.

Bill
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Long Island. What's wrong with this picture. I don't have to go to work this morning and here I am wide awake and sitting at a computer. I should be sleeping. Oh well.

Since I'm up guess I'll get busy and tackle some more packing. Anne make that rain go away. :-)

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Admiral

My, my, my...I feel like I must have slept in....you guys are all early risers. Good morning to all! Yes, Happy St. Patrick's Day! Judy, congrats on the cruise and Keith's progress...that sounds very encouraging. The weather in the "Burgh" as been chilly, but the sun has been shining...and that is wonderful. I love a bright sunny day. The American Cancer Society held it's Daffodil Days campaign this week...so there are many, many, many daffodils in my office.....another sure sign of Spring! There is hope! I hope you all have a wonderful day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from wet Orlando.
Angela Z.
Old March 17th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a grand day here in Beautiful Downtown Corning...Sorry I was listening to the radio guy. <G> But it is great fo me, I picked out a truck last night. A Ford Ranger 4X4 pickup. A dealer trade has to be made in order to get the color I wanted (silver), so hopefully, I can pick it up tonight. This ordeal is almost done. All I have to do is complete the deal with my old truck (selling it to a used parts dealer), and I can get back to normal...whatever that is. <VBG>

I had my doctor's appt. yesterday, and he decided to put me on some high blood pressure meds. Since I haven't officially turned 50 yet, he said we'll wait until next year to go through all of the "good stuff". Whew!

Everyone have a great day, and drive safe. (I will be on the road with my new truck and I don't want a repeat performance).

Ed

Post Edited (03-17-05 08:08)

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 17th, 2005, 07:23 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Well, the sun has made an appearance today, yesterday she was a no show. It is still cold - only 10 degrees at the moment. Here the sap has not started to run yet, usually we are about half way through sugaring by now. No one that I know has even started yet, those that still use buckets haven't even tapped yet. If you like Sugar Houses come to Vermont - they are everywhere, especially where I live.

Not much on tap today, work here and at home. My son didn't have school today so he is hitting the slopes.

Ed - congrats on the truck - I hope you learn to love her as much as your old one
sorry to hear you need meds, but glad you have a whole year to mentally prepare
yourself for the "scope".
K& J - glad you had a productive day yesterday - I'm sure that the cruise on the horizon
is helping to keep your spirits up. You must really be getting excited now.

Have a great day,

VTJen
Old March 17th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Josie

Central Virginia - in the mountains.

Woke up to snow this morning. There is about and inch out there right now. The temperature is suppose to get up to 40 and the snow will melt. Yah!!!!! I'm ready for Spring.

Have a good day everyone!
Old March 17th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Hi, It's thursday Morning

Good morning from thundering swfl..yes we are having thunder out there and it is pouring. Little one is sitting on the deck reading and telling me its cold<my guess 60>
I enjoyed chat last night and talking to everyone about my double decker<VBG>
Ed you are brave to buy such a car as the gas prices continue to go up. My guess is they will go to $3 a gallon. Sorry to hear about your BP..if I recall right you had sugar problems also? They go hand in hand...lower the sugar an dthe bp will go down also. I checked my bp last night and it was 106/61 very nice indeed.
Marc, not sure yet if we can make it to the gathering. It depends how I feel.The drive is very long but as said before its our22nd wedding anniversary so we might just take off somewhere around FL>

Have a nice day mates ....

Old March 17th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Morning all from "Sleepless in Montreal", yes, that's my new name. Had a terrible sleepless night, but still have to go to work. Taking the afternoon off to take my son back to the Dr. again and try to get some help.
It's -8 still, but on Tues. when we went to the Cabane a Sucre, the sap was running. These places serve great meals, and I am thinking of taking the whole family to one on the weekend. This particular one has a little train that runs around the perimiter of the woods, so my hubby should enjoy that!

donna

Old March 17th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning all and Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Judy, I'm glad to hear that you are going cruising and that things seem to be going better for Keith now.

Ed, it's good to hear about your truck too. Hope it's there for you today to drive home.

Lisa, hope those docs come today for you. You aren't going to like the snow that is coming in later, and those docs sure would help brighten up the day for you.

Sue, it was good to see you in chat last night.

I'm a SDM now with my treatments. Whoppeeeeee!

Phyll

Old March 17th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning folks. Mark did well at his interview yesterday... however, they asked him if he would do the job for HALF the amount of money they initially said on the phone it would pay. So if they offer it, he's not sure if he's going to take it. Neither of us are too happy about this bait-and-switch.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old March 17th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Snow fell again overnight, and more expected today

I am "officially" tired of winter<G>

Today EVERY bar is Irish... so we'll be serving green chicken... er beer.

Old March 17th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone! What a wonderful day today is......met a new internet friend yesterday and we have so much in common. She is a lovely person. Everyone have a super day!!

It is a beautifully cool day today. Temps shouldn't rise above the mid 60's. Love it!!
I have a busy weekend coming, including a baby shower for my husband's daughter who is about to bring into the world her second child (due May 28th). This will be grandchild number 6. Right now, there are three boys and two girls. We are hoping for a girl to even it out, but it doesn't really matter as long as he/she is healthy. Tammy has scoliosis so pregnancy is always uncomfortable in the last trimester. She suffers quite a bit of back pain. Please keep her in your prayers.

:o)
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Top a da Morning to yaz..from the Big O'John....>G<..Happy St Pats day to all of you.

I was going down tonight to watch the Shortest St Patricks Day parade but they said there would be a reenactmen of St Patty driving the "snakes" out of Ireland. That done it...I am not going now..They wiil have a 30 ft live snake and will be throwing rubber snakes in to the crowd..Not!!!! Me!!!!!...I am staying home..>G< the grand Marshall is going to be George Wendt ( Norm on cheers ) , so it is going to be a big deal.. This is the Second First Annual St. Patty's Day Parade..They will have the pub crawl and the whole bit..

Hope you all have a wonderful day and please stay safe me friends.

Old March 17th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Lynne and Trevor

Hi
I just posted on the "Irish" thread and then saw this one.
It's been soggy here since last night and the thunder and lightning came our way, too, starting about 3AM this morning. It's been raining all day, and will continue into tonight before clearing out tomorrw. The temp in Avon Park,FL is in the upper 60's I think but will be back up to 74 by Saturday, 78 on Sunday, before another front moves through early next week.
Trevor is just about done tiling the kitchen floor. Moving the refrigerator is his last big job to finish it. It's looking pretty good. His next big chore will be to clean the ceiling fans. We have a cathedral ceiling, so the one in the Living Room is going to require a tall ladder. There is also a tiffany type lamp hanging between the front door and the garage door, that needs some cleaning. We didn't imagine how much grime can accumulate over a few years!

I hope all of you have had a great day. I read all your posts and you're in my thoughts!
Now-for a green jelly bean--or several !! Lynne