Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Josie

Default Anybody else sick of hearing about Michael Jackson?

I am so sick of seeing and hearing about Michael Jackson every night on the news. The publicity is exactly what he wants. Just like a child, negative attention is better than no attention at all.
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Anybody else sick of hearing about Michael Jackson?

yes. I don't watch any more.

donna

Old March 18th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Yes, I am sick of it...just want to hear the outcome, not how his dysfunctional family wears the same color clothing to show their support...oh PUH-leez!!!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old March 18th, 2005, 09:58 AM
pg

I agree, he is pathetic , whether or not he is guilty( I think he is guilty as sin!) and I think it riduculus the way he pulls those trips to emergency ( he second time now) !
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:02 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Re: Re: Anybody else sick of hearing about Michael Jackson?

Yes me too. Over here in the U.K. its in all the papers every day and the news and also our Sky News are doing a rerun of the trial each and every day with stand ins. As if anybody would want to watch that!!!!!!

However, what I do find quite amazing is that apparently he is bankrupt and that one of his brothers (Jerome I think) had to borrow £100,000 from some religious group to pay Michael's staff at Neverland. In another week or so, they will need paying again and nobody knows where the wages are going to come from - surely he must have pots of money!!!!!!!!!!!

REgards,
KG
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Tired of it. There are other topics that are important news too, but this seems to be the top story all the time.

Old March 18th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Very tired of hearing it. I'm sure there is much more important stories we could be hearing about.

Cheryl C
Old March 18th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Admiral

That sicko became lame in the early 90's for me.

I bet he gets aquitted and reoffends at least twice more in the next ten years.
Old March 18th, 2005, 11:23 AM
AR

Well then, where are the closet Michael freaks?

Fact is, CNN's ratings go through the roof every time they mention him. Do you suppose Larry King would be slogging on night after night about him if it didn't cause an automatic ratings spike?

The truly said thing is that while news ratings overall are way down, this is the only kind of thing that brings them up. And in the UK? Same story. Sky is doing very well with their tabloid coverage, just as the, er, tabloids over there are. Wasn't it the UK that coined the moniker "Wacko Jacko?"

Meanwhile, wars continue, prisoner abuse runs rampant, gas prices are at record highs with no real plans to fix them, Congressional ethics are at an even lower low than before (if that's possible), China is mounting a world class economic threat (not to mention the physical one to Taiwan), and nothing much good is happening in North Korea. Osama is still on the loose, and the mullahs in Iran are quietly exerting an even stronger stranglehold over the country (and probably building nukes to boot). Education is in the dumper, with no end in sight to the death spiral of our schools. After careful consideration, the administration is trying to appoint Paul Wolfowitz to head the World Bank, after dropping Bono from consideration. The effect of greenhouse gasses is becoming more and more real as we steadfastly refuse to sign the Kyoto treaty.

And yet, the story of the year continues to be Michael Jackson.

Maybe we deserve everything we get. Because folks, we're just not paying attention.
Old March 18th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Yep,,,I too am tired of the M.J. stuff. As far as his finances go, as I understand it, he owns the rights to all the Beetles songs, which are worth millions. Poor lad may have to sell those to pay for the monkeys... So sad isn't it?
Ken
Old March 18th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Admiral

You betcha bottom bippy I am so sick of hearing about this Wacko Macko. I am Like Carol..there are more news worthy items.

Old March 18th, 2005, 02:06 PM
venice

It's a very sad commentary on our society when stories like the MJ case, or the Robert Blake trial, or the fact that Paris Hilton is considered a news worthy person, keep in the headlines..the media keeps feeding this because people watch it

But is also speaks to how short our attention span has become..I forgot where I read that a huge % of our population gets it's news thru CNN or MTV in '" sound bites". I'm very blessed that my parents started me out by reading the newspaper to gain my information and as I got older (and living in New York), my Dad stressed to read on a daily basis the New York Times, The Christian Science Monitor and The Wall Street Journal to gain a "balanced view" of any topic

MJ is only news because we make it news. If people said we don't want to hear about it anymore it would disappear, but it's like looking at a car wreck, we just can't help ourselves
Old March 18th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Yes, I am very tired of freaky Michael.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 18th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Passenger

I am tird of Michael but I'm even more tired of the Peterson case. At least, in the cases of Jackson and Blake, they were celebrities. The Peterson case should have never made the national news. Did you hear of the last person murdered in Missouri, South Dakota or Vermont?? No, and we shouldn't have heard about the Peterson case BUT, as mentioned above, they made "attention gathering" headlines of it and it drew audiences.

Glad we have remores.
Old March 18th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Cruizin K and J

I'm sick of it, too, but if you live in Southern California, it's just about impossible to avoid all of the Jackson publicity. Plus, a major local radio station does an hour on him every day. in addition to the t.v. coverage. I don't think anything will come of the charges anyway, because of who he is. Celebs always get special treatment. The said part is that he'll keep on molesting kids.

Judy
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

now it's time to see what hte outcome of the baseball hearings will bring, i agree mj is making me sick, don't think he can pay them off this time, saying he is in debt, 300 million, he should be branded a pedifile, and ordered to stay away from children under 18yr old, no make it anyone under 25.
Old March 19th, 2005, 02:55 AM
First Mate

i will be perfectly honest here and say i think he is a '' sick-freak''. i hope they nail him this time and get him away from the poor innocent children that were infatuated with him and were under his spell because of the suroundings he offered them. i feel so sorry for his children. they will never be able to live a normal life. especially with him as the father.

Old March 19th, 2005, 10:08 PM
rockin'rick

Who is Michael Jackson?
Old March 20th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Admiral

Yes it seems a bit odd that someone would post a message here saying that they are "sick of hearing about Michael Jackson?"

This just encourages people to talk about him, when they shouldn't as per the topic subject?????????????

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old March 20th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Lombard, That's what I was thinking. (But I did read through the comments didn't I?) Human nature I guess.
Old March 20th, 2005, 10:19 PM
quitecontrary

If we focus on this stuff, we will certainly not worry about anyhthing else that is going on in this big wide world of ours!!!
Old March 21st, 2005, 10:08 AM
Admiral

If they just left him alone, he would have the money to keep getting plastic surgery and by now he would have disappeared a small piece at a time.