Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Say Cheese!!

How happy are you with the pictures taken on ships? They are so expensive, it amazes me.Let me prefice this by saying, I have for many, many years, not been happy about my pictures being taken, so my take on this maybe skewed a bit. BUT, when you have just gotten off a plane, waited in the terminal with a 1000 other people, not looking your all time best, why must you be cajoled into taking pictures.I thank them, say no, and walk onboard.

Also when you get off the ship in port, the lines get backed up , while the money shots are taken. I think, for others, the formal shots are great, this is sometimes the only professional pictures, a couple or family, gets. The men look handsome, the woman look lovely, the kids scrubbed and clean. It's so nice....

I must say, too, that the parrot and pirate pictures are a bit hard to take. I don't think I have had a pirate stop at my table in a few cruises though. This last cruise I was surprised, when no one at the table wanted seperate or group shots. Guess it's NOT just me. I have seen some beautifull shots while passing the gallery, and not having to hunt for my awful shots, since I decided not to "smile" anymore saves me the agita of looking and tossing in the recycle bin How about you??

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Say Cheese!!

We do not buy any pictures taken of us on cruise ships, and we try to prevent the photographers from wasting their film.

I do really hate it when photographers slow up a line getting on or off the ship. We walk around them when ever possible.

That being said, I am not really a mean, rude old man!!
Old March 18th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

We just walk around them if we don't want our picture taken. My husband and son have had fun with the pirate....hubby held the knife to the pirates throat for a change and the whole table loved it and my son held the knife to the fake parrots throat....another hit at our table.
Angela Z.
Old March 18th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Admiral

I admit it, I am a photo freak. I have always been the family photographer, and my nickname is "flash". and I find it very hard to resist buying photos on the cruise. I do try to limit it to one or two, but it never works. This upcoming one, I am determined to get a shot on formal night of my whole family looking wonderful, because we have no pictures of the 4 of us together, especially dressed up! Then I'll have to get one of my daughter and her boyfriend.....and their first excursion..... etc. etc......

donna (who thinks cruise photos are WAY over-priced, and that they would sell a whole lot more if they were cheaper)

Old March 18th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Admiral

We bought about 9 photos on our cruise. The girls looked so cute.....hard to resist!! I agree they are expensive though!! When getting off the ship at ports, I do not like how they hold up the line going off.(Only bought 1 in Cozumel and 1 in Belize leaving the ship.)

Old March 19th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I have to say I do buy a lot of the photos. They're hard to resist when the pictures of your kids turn out great. Its also one of the few times that we get photos with the whole family in them. When its just my husband and I we tend avoid the photographers and only have one or two taken as souvenirs.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Cruisin'KandJ

We avoid the photographers, especially the one in port when we're trying to board the ship. The pics are awful and hugely over-priced.

Judy
Old March 19th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Admiral

I guess I'm one in a million. I figure if they take that many photos of me, just maybe one will come out looking good. I hate to have my picture taken, but I'm glad to have a few formal night photos of us for future memories and because that's about the only pictures of both of us that I have.

From reading the responses, I would say that the ships really make their money off of the people who bring their children on board. Who can resist pictures of their kids? I know I would have had a hard time doing that when my kids were little.

Phyll

Old March 19th, 2005, 09:13 AM
L&S80

We buy the pics from the ports......or at least the new ports for us.....that way we have a record of where we've been......<EG> Nice to get a dress up pic too......seeings how we both seem to clean up pretty good..........just part of the cruise price.....lol

Sharon

Old March 19th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Admiral

I am one of those annoying people who run around everywhere with a video camera. That way, I have my own record of the cruise, sound included.