Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default fort lauderdale to miami transportation..?

does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from the fort lauderdale aiport to the port of miami? or a limo or shuttle service? thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2005, 07:26 AM
f

Default Re: fort lauderdale to miami transportation..?

tracy this would be very expensive, you should try arriving at miami international airport if this ios possible, its only about 10 mins away then
Old March 20th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Admiral

There are shuttle services for about $35 p.p. Just do a Google search and there are several such firms.
Old March 20th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

When we were thinking about flying into Ft. Lauderdale I found a service that would pick all 7 of us up at the airport and take us to Miami for 95.00. Return from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale was the same. Boy I wish I had booked tickets to Ft. Lauderdale and paid for the transfer because the flights are now 316.00 to Miami. Much cheaper to fly into Ft. Lauderdale. I'm going to end up paying more for the flight for the kids than the cruise itself, or close to it. So much easier to make arrangements for two people instead of 7. I went to MSN and typed in Ft. Lauderdale Airport and then you can look for Ground Transportation and they have a list of services, cabs to mini-vans and S.U.V.'s. Good Luck and Happy Sailing.
Old March 21st, 2005, 05:05 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.

Dear Tracy,

We had a taxi ride from the Port of Miami to Las Olas Boulevard in central Fort Lauderdale when we get off the Victory last Dec. The cost was agreed at $60 for the trip (so if there were say 4 of you, not too bad at all).

On our return back to go to Miami International Airport, our Hotel Concierge at the Riverside Hotel booked a limo service for us and for this we agreed to pay $60 + tip.

I beleive it is about 25 miles all told.

Hope this helps - it was certainly a nice way to travel.

Regards,
KG
Old March 22nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
First Mate

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale on May 5 and leaving from Miami on the Voyager of the Sea, RCCL has busses that will pick you up at a cost of $20 pp. The original quote was 15 but they raised it about 2 months after we made the reservation.