Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2005, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default The naughty mat is waiting!

BW's post about Chloe, made me giggle, [that was too cute.] You want to laugh so badly, while still being the mature parent, right? Like ml We must all have a million cute stories. I could use a few giggles this week, so please share. I will start..

Anyone who has a son named Michael, knows that he he pre destined for mischief. I see all of you nodding your heads Well, my Michael, was sitting on my shoulders on the couch, in his little hands,he had a big oversized yellow Mattel drill.[ remember those?]
Well, he revved it up and all my hair was wrapped around the drill bit Guess who got the haircut ? Okay, lets play, Kids, say/do the darndest things..!!!!

Post Edited (03-22-05 09:36)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: The naughty mat is waiting!

OH OUCH, Trip.......what a tangled mess that must have been!

Here's a fresh on from our 6 yr. old Grandson from last week. All I can say is they are going to have to start hiding the truck keys! :

KK's soccer/t-ball coach had him over a week ago Saturday to play with son/teammate, Matthew. They fished....he caught a 4 1/2 lb. bass. He drove the golf cart.

When Chrissy picked him up, Coach related the days events......so Chrissy said to KK, "Oh....you finally got to drive a golf cart huh?"

Coach: "He has NOT driven one before? I asked him if he knew how and he said yes"

Chrissy(turning to KK): (accusatory voice) "You told Coach you have driven a golf cart before?"

KK: "No, Mommy, I told him I know how!"

Coach: Chrissy, that's right, he said he knew how.......not that he HAD".

Chrissy: .... "well, I guess he got us both on a technicality there.....Coach, what you have to understand about Kristopher is that he WATCHES stuff......and then just can DO whatever it is......the first time, without having done it before".

They shared a good laugh.

Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:19 AM
Admiral

A friend of mine has a 7 year old son who had a playmate over for the afternoon. My friend was downstairs watching sports on T.V. when the two boys asked him if they could have some cherry Kool Aid. The father said yes, but they had to drink it in the kitchen and no where else.

A few minutes later the boy sheepishly went downstairs to tell his dad they had spilled the Kool Aid on the white carpeting in the formal dining room. He went upstairs to investigate and sure enough there was a big red stain on their carpet.

He scolded the boy for leaving the kitchen when he specifically told him not to do so. After ranting and raving at the boy the boy looked up at Dad and said: "You know Daddy, if you and Mommy had hardwood floors we wouldn't have this problem!"

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

My older brother, Tom, gave me a Mowhawk when I was five, he was seven. The solution looks very similar to the hairstyle I have today. <VBG>

BTW: I'm the one on the right. <g>

Take care,
Michael (Who "never" did anything bad) nose growing like heck

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:42 AM
Admiral

The story reminds me of my grand nephew. Chris and I gave him one of those Matel tool kits for Christmas a few years ago when he was 2yo. On that occasion, his parents told us how he "fixed" his dad's Jeep, using daddy's hammer. He did a wonderful job on the headlights and the tailight lenses! Since the Jeep was a classic his dad was restoring, you can imagine how long it took to replace the "repaired" items.

But then, Trip, you know the drill

Sensation
Summit

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 It's Margaret's fault!
Old March 22nd, 2005, 11:14 AM
Admiral

We remind my oldest daughter, who now has children of her own and complains about them on occaision, about one of her childhood "pranks". She was very very proud at about 5 years old of the haircut she gave her then 1 year old sister. Amazing what even safety scissors can do in about 60 seconds.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 12:16 PM
Admiral

When my son was exactly 2 and a half, his baby sister was born. She has continued to be a never ending source of amusement for all of us. He was always fascinated by the fact she was born with out any teeth.
One day the three of us went to the grocery store and there was nice man standing in the produce department smiling widely at the kids because of course, they were being irresistably cute and adorable (I wasn't the only one who thought so that day, lol!)
Of course my extremely astute and observant child says..."Hey mom!, That guy is just like sissy" I said why is that? My son says "he's got summer teeth too, just like sissy" I asked, What are summer teeth? He said, "some are there, and some are missing" Yes, thats right, the guy was missing a few teeth.
Well I nearly laid on the floor and waited for someone to run over me with a grocery cart to put me out of my misery. I was mortified.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Josie

That was hilarious Beenie Weenie! That reminded me of what my son did in the grocery store. He was about 4 when this happened and he'd just gotten over chicken poxs. We were in line in the grocery store and the bag boy had a severe case of acne. My son says in a loud voice " Mom, that man has chicken pox too". Thankfully the bag boy didn't hear him. I just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me.

You know kids, unpredictable!
Old March 22nd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Ouch Trip! Hey - you're laughing NOW, but I'll bet at the time.....

On my son's 5th birthday he got a lovely present of "Gak". Remember that stuff? Had no use (such as playdough) just slimy and sticky. He decided to put it in his friend Tyler's hair. As were standing at the sink trying to wash it out, with Tyler's furious mother looking on TRYING to wash it out (and it didn't come out completely - did I mention it was bright green???) his Mom scolded my son asking "WHY did you do that???"

To which he replied "I couldn't think of what else to DO with it and I wanted to see what would happen"

He saw....

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 22nd, 2005, 10:06 PM
Admiral

when my son was about 5, we went to visit my aunt... he was sitting in her lap chatting with all of us... then out of clear blue... he says to my aunt " ARE YOU A BOY ? "
my aunt sais no, Im a lady.... my son says "THEN WHY DO U HAVE A MUSTACHE ?"

OMG !!! I thought I would DIE !!

Steph