CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   great deals @ SW Airlines... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/272272-great-deals-sw-airlines.html)

steph_texas March 24th, 2005 01:34 PM

great deals @ SW Airlines...

hey... wanted to share this "tidbit" with you guys... I am on the e mail list for fare sales from Southwest... well a few weeks back they started this promotion called "DING" its something you download to your computer on your desktop & when you hear it ding it means there are new specials available. The specails are super good deals.... like Amarillo to Orlando - $90 each way... the specials are usually for a few hours or until sold out... there was $30 Lubbock to Dallas... but for you people who can use SW its a great deal !! Albany to Orland $109 !! give it a try !

Brenda in Canada March 24th, 2005 05:42 PM

Re: great deals @ SW Airlines...

Hi Steph, I don't get the 'dinging' deals, just the regular emails. They do have quite a good bunch of specials on now-book before a ?certain date and fly before the ?end of Aug. Ahh, but I can only dream about going somewhere for now!! :-)

steph_texas March 24th, 2005 10:54 PM

its easy to add "DING" go to their website & install it if you can use SW Airlines to get to where u want to be.... they have some GREAT deals... I am seriously watching for Orlando... who knows, maybe Port Canaveral in the future ? oh, to dream....

Brenda in Canada March 25th, 2005 11:47 AM

Hi Steph, We are lucky we can drive down to Seattle to use SouthWest if ever we do. I am thinking about taking a leave of absence from work next summer(2006) and would love to be able to take my girls somewhere for relatively cheap. I also dream about taking a road trip in my car and touring about, but driving can get pretty tiring after awhile! BUT must try & economize,as I found out the oldest is starting her orthodontic work at the end of April-we are lucky almost half is paid for with our 2 dental plans(which means I must keep working at the same job!). As I teased her, the 4 of us could have gone on a nice cruise for the full cost of her orthodontic work!

bobc March 25th, 2005 03:36 PM

Even though SW does not fly into Atlanta, I doubt if I would use them. I've seen too many people get bumped on the 'Airline' show. Some deals are just not worth the aggrivation

steph_texas March 25th, 2005 05:04 PM

we've never been bumped as we are always there early as required... it seems the Bumps go to the stragglers... We have been offered financial incentives only once to catch the next flight... I think they are a great option, just too bad they dont go many places from here.