Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Default great deals @ SW Airlines...

hey... wanted to share this "tidbit" with you guys... I am on the e mail list for fare sales from Southwest... well a few weeks back they started this promotion called "DING" its something you download to your computer on your desktop & when you hear it ding it means there are new specials available. The specails are super good deals.... like Amarillo to Orlando - $90 each way... the specials are usually for a few hours or until sold out... there was $30 Lubbock to Dallas... but for you people who can use SW its a great deal !! Albany to Orland $109 !! give it a try !
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: great deals @ SW Airlines...

Hi Steph, I don't get the 'dinging' deals, just the regular emails. They do have quite a good bunch of specials on now-book before a ?certain date and fly before the ?end of Aug. Ahh, but I can only dream about going somewhere for now!! :-)

Old March 24th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Admiral

its easy to add "DING" go to their website & install it if you can use SW Airlines to get to where u want to be.... they have some GREAT deals... I am seriously watching for Orlando... who knows, maybe Port Canaveral in the future ? oh, to dream....
Old March 25th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Hi Steph, We are lucky we can drive down to Seattle to use SouthWest if ever we do. I am thinking about taking a leave of absence from work next summer(2006) and would love to be able to take my girls somewhere for relatively cheap. I also dream about taking a road trip in my car and touring about, but driving can get pretty tiring after awhile! BUT must try & economize,as I found out the oldest is starting her orthodontic work at the end of April-we are lucky almost half is paid for with our 2 dental plans(which means I must keep working at the same job!). As I teased her, the 4 of us could have gone on a nice cruise for the full cost of her orthodontic work!
Old March 25th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Passenger

Even though SW does not fly into Atlanta, I doubt if I would use them. I've seen too many people get bumped on the 'Airline' show. Some deals are just not worth the aggrivation
Old March 25th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Admiral

we've never been bumped as we are always there early as required... it seems the Bumps go to the stragglers... We have been offered financial incentives only once to catch the next flight... I think they are a great option, just too bad they dont go many places from here.