Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Default TGIF (1 hour before midnight)

Ok, so I cheated.... but I am going to take my new medicine in a bit & when I took it a long time ago it knocked me for a loop.... slept straight thru for weeks... something I havent done in years !! Im so excited to sleep in my bed, not toss & turn & not play pc games til 4 am.... I really didnt want to start this med up again... cause coming off it is hell ! I cant imagine withdrawing from a MAJOR drug.... it was horrible just coming off this stuff (AMBIEN)

I had stress problems & other problems about 10 yrs ago...so my then DR put me on Ambien cause I was a walking zombie... well, after taking it straight EVERY night (as instructed) for almost 4 months... my insurance company FIRED my DR for other erroneous events and I had to get a new DR !! The new DR thought I was joking when I said almost 4 months... he said it should never be more than 10 days..... so, I got to go COLD TURKEY !! That being said, my DH's grandmother has been on it for YEARS... I know that for a fact ! So, who knows... If I could have it every night IT WOULD BE HEAVEN ON EARTH !!!

Have a good Friday Y'all.... Im sure I will wake up sometime to talk to you !! Happy Easter any of you I dont speak to before Sunday !!

Steph
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: TGIF (1 hour before midnight)

Good "Good Friday" evening steph and everyone. I can post as it is actually friday here .

Enjoy your sleep steph!

I had an old friend from CHCH visit me last night so had no time to read let alone post any messages.
It was good to catch up with an old friend.

Overcast today with Shattered Scowers... oops scatterd showers.
Getting colder brrrrrrrr.......

Everyone have a peacefull day.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old March 24th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Admiral

Good Friday morning from Montreal (it is officially 12:13 a.m.) I did try to go to bed early because I have to be up at 4:30 a.m., but sleep is not happening. I guess I'll just have to
sleep on the 8 hour bus ride to NYC! A Gravol for motion sickness should do the trick!
I must admit, I am more excited for our cruise coming up in 4 weeks, than I am about NYC this weekend. I don't like big cities much, they scare me, but I'm willing to give it a try. Besides, my co-workers are a fun and crazy bunch, so I hope we will have a good time.
Steph, don't sleep away the whole weekend!

I will suffer CM withdrawl all weekend, but I'll see you all back here early Monday morning! Happy Easter to all!

donna

Old March 24th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Admiral

Visit an internet Cafe on your trip Donna. Maybe this will ease your withdrawl symptoms .

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old March 25th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone. State is still in the facility and there are some lame brained CNA's that I want to strangle.....but that is another story.

Steph - Ambien should NEVER be taken for more than 10 nights in a row - no doctor worth their medical license would ever order it for longer than that (and I can't think of any circumstance that would require it..............if needed another med should be substituted at that time) - and any pharmacist that would fill it for that long should undergo refresher training. Ambien is great for short term use - long term use causes many problems. I sure hope you get some good sleep tonight!

Donna - have a great time in NYC - and I hope you get to see some cruise ships this weekend! Both of us are getting close to sailaway..........I WANT MY DOCS!!!!!

Mike M - I may be asking you for advice on search and surveillance soon.........I think there is a conspiracy to keep me from my docs!

Lombard - sorry you are sliding towards winter, but that means I am heading towards summer!

Have a great day everyone!

Old March 25th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Admiral

2:31.... not sleeping yet

I know my meds are a 10 day supply... just wonder why DH grandmother has been on it for years ?

trying to go to sleep...

Steph
Old March 25th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Passenger

Good Morning CM's. I'm off work today, so why am I up so early?
Hope everyone has a good day!!!
Old March 25th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Not a good morning here:

Just after nine last night I took the dogs out for their last walk of the night. As we walked by the end of the neighbors driveway their house sitter came barreling out. (We are fairly rural but our driveways are almost across from each other and walking dogs for each of us is a norm) Sadly she hit my brother's dog and also just missed Kramer and me. She never stopped.

Molly, my brother's dog was severely hurt. I was able to carry her back to the house get her into the car and drive her to my daughter's. It could have been worse but she had a dislocated hip, a dislocated elbow, four broken teeth and large laceration on her thigh. It is somewhat of a miracle that no bones were broken. My daughter was able to put the hip and elbow back in place. The prognosis on the elbow is very good, the hip is iffy. It went in fairly easy. This could mean ligament damage and problems with it coming out in the future. Only time will tell on that.

It will be very hard to tell my brother what happened when he returns on Saturday. I do know there will be a discussion with my neighbor when they return on Sunday.

Now it's time to get some sleep.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 25th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Admiral

How rude/inconsiderate was the actions of the house sitter!!

I don't like people like that.

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old March 25th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Happy Friday! I hope many of you are lucky enough to be off work today. I am working, but the company is closed. I like it this way. Mike, I am SO SORRY to hear about your "nephew". Lucky your daughter is a vet! Please keep us posted on the recovery.
Not much on tap today...working until 2 p.m., then getting my nails done, then off to Curves, then maybe to the mall for a bit. I hope you al have a good day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 25th, 2005, 05:53 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
I hope Molly does recover w/o permanent damage. When things like happens it makes you want to run over that idiot.

Hope everyone is lining up for a big weekend
Ya'll have a great day

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Admiral

From Canadian Atlantic Coast:

Good morning to all cruise mates. Slept in this morning. Can't remember last time that happened.

Steph, I see that you're first to start the thread. I know you would rather have a good night sleep.

Local headline news: ``Was flaming UFO a meteor?`` It goes on to say: `` Two more sightings reported as scientists puzzle over whether it was a meteor, part of a comet or space junk``.

RollerDonna: To answer your query about ``Elsipogtog Tribe``.. I mis-informed the thread. ``Elsipogtog`` is the name of the community. The tribe used to be called ``MICMAC``. A few years ago, they changed it to Mi'kmag. For more info, go on Google and search ``micmac indian tribe``. Sorry for the confusion, I'm getting old is my excuse.

Beautiful sunny day here on the coast.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: TGIF (1 hour before midnight)

Good Morning!!! Mike, I would have called the police, in many states hitting a dog is against the law (not so with cats ironically) and the sitter could be in line for a string of charges including leaving the scene of an accident.

Quiet day of work with no bosses to annoy me, I may actually get some work done for a change.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

A blessed Good Friday and Happy Easter to all.
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Long Island (for a change). Just 2 more sleeps and we off for two weeks in Florida. You guys and gals down there keep the good weather around for us.

Mike so sorry to hear about the accident with the dog. Must have happened right after I talked to you last nite. Hope all turns out well. Like Marylou said, good thing your daughter is a VET. Those vet bills can get to be really high.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
Sorry to hear about Molly. Hitting a dog is a terrible thing. Hitting a dog and leaving the scene is a criminal act.
I answered an email from a friend this AM and now I'm running late. The sun is shining and the temp reads 72 here in Avon Park.FL. We may get some storms this afternoon.

Trevor says he's going to wash and wax my new car today so I get the convertible!! YEAH!
Bye for now. Have a glorious Friday--if you can!!! Lynne

Old March 25th, 2005, 07:34 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All

It is snowing here.

Mike - I'm just so sad about your awful experience, poor Molly. I know that as the people that employ this babysitter I would want to know right away, because I would have to fire him/her. There would be no way I would want anyone that irresponsible caring for my children, elderly parents, or even (especially) my pets. This person is reckless, and obviously doesn't know how to react well if there is a problem. I would feel they were incompetent, as well, they have no heart, so how can they render care compassionately. I'll step off the soapbox now.

Not much here. Got an email from one of my niece's (my sisters middle child), she won't be coming home for Easter. She came home last month and had words with her parents, none of them have spoken since. I feel really bad. I know my niece can be trying, but I truly believe she suffers from anxiety and needs some sort of therapy and/or meds. I hate to see these splits in the family, especially between parents and children. I feel caught in the middle - as I hear both sides, but I refuse to choose. Will continue to just love and support everyone. Will have to send her Easter goodies to her home. She lives in CT. This whole thing makes me very sad.

Today I will work from home, and try and do house work as well. We have a Good Friday service at Church tonight. Will be nice to slow down and spend some time in reflection. The holiday's get so busy it is easy to forget the purpose for them all.

Tomorrow night I have my side of the family over - we have a simple meal. Then I fill plastic Easter eggs - some have candy, some have change, some have bills, then we play Easter Egg Bingo. I place them all in a flat basket, and when they win a game they have to point to the egg they choose, they can't pick them up and shake them. It will be fun, but not as much fun as usual with the niece mentioned above and her boyfriend missing.

Headlines here tell us that the unemployment rate has risen in our state, with our city being the highest (as usual).

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

VTJen
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning all,
We're back from a land cruise to the beautiful beaches of the Fl panhandle. yes, Ivan did quite a number on Pensacola but Seaside, Destin and Panama City were pretty much spared. Mike, so sorry to hear about your "nephew" Yes, animals are family. Back to get ready for Easter. Had to drag the kids off the beach as they had a chance to bond with more spoiled darlings like themselves. Oldest came in and informed me that his buddies cabin (meaning room) was just like ours. Ugh, kid has definately cruising in his blood. Anyway, now its back to reality and time to clean house for spring. Just went thru youngests clothes and they are ready to go to the thrift shop. Decided I needed a break so sat at the computer Have a blessed Easter to all that celebrate
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:10 AM
BoosterMom

Hello to you all:

Sunny right now in Georgia. Supposed to get afternoon thunder poopers but weatherman says it may have come through early a.m. and we may be through with it. Looks like Easter weekend may be wet though.

Mike, I'd report her to Humane Society or Animal Control in your town. A 9 year old boy was "arrested" the other day here because some neighbors took a video of him hitting a dog and kicking the dog.........dog was chained to the side of the house........!! How horrible. As pet owners (cats, no dogs), I cannot tolerate anyone mistreating an animal.........Did she even stop???? Horrible.........

Prayers for Molly's speedy recovery.

Happy Easter to all.
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Mike, I am so sad and angry to hear about what happened to you and the dogs last night. I sure hope Molly recovers fully from the accident. Thank goodness your daughter is a vet and came to your rescue.

Steph, hope you finally got some sleep.

Donna, have a great time in NYC. Sounds like the gang you are going with will keep you laughing.

Lisa, hope you get some days off and get a little relief from the stress of having the state looking over your shoulder the last few days.

Have a very Happy Easter all.

Phyll

Old March 25th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone and Happy Easter! It is a nice day today and I plan to get a lot done this weekend.

Mike I am so sorry to hear of Molly's injuries. I hope that nail that sitter with anything they can get. It's sad when someone can do something like that and not even have the conscience to stop and help. (((((((((HUG))))))))))))

Old March 25th, 2005, 08:40 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......sun is out & shining........hope it lasts.
Mike........sorry to hear about Molly.......glad your daughter could fix her up........
Everyone have a great Friday.

Sharon

Old March 25th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your incident last night. It's unconscionable for someone to hit an animal and not stop. Something should be done, and I know you will make the right choice.

I have the day off from work today. So I thought I'd sleep in today. Right! I slept an extra half hour! I went out and got the paper, listened to my DW get ready for work, and played with one of the cats in bed. Whoopie!

We had a wonderful Holy Thursday mass last night. Today is the Good Friday service in the afternoon.

If I don't get on the 'puter again, I'd like to wish all of you a wonderful and blessed Easter.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Today the weather in Calgary is "supposed" to break... getting into the 50s F. I'm most certainly ready for some spring!

Mike... that is just AWFUL! Sounds like she may not have stopped even if she hit you and Kramer as well. I'd call the cops. Don't know the laws there, but at least they would have paid this person a "visit".

Sure hope Molly recovers quickly.

Slept in my new euro top bed last night, and it was terrific. I dreamt I was back on Westerdam, but there was no room service this morning <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 25th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from Souothern California. The rains have gone and you'd never know they'd been here.

Mike I'm really sorry about poor Molly, I can't stand it when animals are mistreated. I, too, would definitely report that sitter to the police. I hope Molly makes a full recovery.

Well, today's the big day. Still lots of things to do before we start out for San Pedro, but check-in is not til 3 p.m. One disappintment: Yesterday, I had a breakout of fever blisters about the size of a quarter right below my lower lip. Looks awful. Anyway, I was really looking forward to a facial, but that's out of the question now. Oh well, I saved some money.

Have a wonderful Good Friday and a happy Easter, CM's. I will post from the Diamond.

Judy
Old March 25th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning All !

Haven't been posting much lately, but I have been trying to keep up on the goings on here on the morning post. I've had sooo much going on lately!

BW, I am part MICMAC (1/8)... I never knew where they were from though. Thanx for the info!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and Easter!