Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Josie

Default Do You Buy the Cruise Video?

I was curious if many of you buy the video that is made while on the cruise.
I didn't but it on the one and only cruise we went on last year (1 year ago this week) but I contacted the video company a couple of weeks ago and received it yesterday. This may sound devious but one of the reasons I sent for the video is to get my DH "in the mood" to book a cruise. We have an event coming up the end of April that could be quite costly and until that is over and we know how much it is going to cost he won't even talk about going on another cruise. Can you tell he is the saver and I'm the spender? :-)
I'll let you know how I make out!

Josie the deviant!
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Do You Buy the Cruise Video?

You go Girl! I say use all the resources you have available. All's fair in love and war. He probably wants to go on another cruise but doesn't know quite how to bring it up so as not to make anyone think he wants to spend money. That's okay, you don'tmind taking the blame, do you?

:-)

Caribbean Princess 05/28/2005
Golden Princess 05/23/2004
Tropicale 04/2000
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Josie

I'll take all the blame with a smile on my face if he'll commit to another cruise Cruz Queen!
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:13 AM
SheriL

Good for you!! I did buy the video of or Carribean cruise on the Carnival Glory, and I do bring it out to look at. The best thing is that when hubby sees it, he is usually ready to book a cruise!!!!
Good luck.
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:27 AM
AR

Lord no.

We never need incentives to book future cruises.

I spent many years as a film/TV/video writer and director. Cruise videos make my skin crawl. Wedding videos are a close second.
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

We don't buy the crusie video that was done on the ship, but the promo one for where we will be going next. We have the ones for Alaska, mexico, carribbean, and Bahams.
I take my own camcorder and tape the family and friends who are crusing with us.
If fact I'm in the market for a smaller one. does any one have a recommendation of a brand,etc?
Carole
Old March 25th, 2005, 09:12 AM
dee-lynn

yes...definitely. I think buying the video takes any pressure of having to record any events of the cruise successfully. My dh and i often bring out our video and long for the seas once more. We are on another crfuise in Aprila nd will probably buy this video as well.
Old March 25th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

NO, because it is usually DH who is always in the cruise mode, so he waits for me to say something then jumps into action. He and our TA are friends, so they get their heads togehter and before I know it we are booked again!!
Old March 25th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Yeoman

I didn't buy it because we made our own.

My DH is the same way. He doesn't want to spend at all. I just hinted (for 3 weeks straight) that I thought a cruise would be fun again. AS SOON as he said "Well, I guess that wouldn't be a bad idea" *BAAAMM*! I hit the "purchase cruise" button. hee hee I'm so bad!

Holiday May 2000
Old March 25th, 2005, 11:49 AM
VTJen

On our first cruise I bought the video of the talent show because my daughter sang.

VTJen
Old March 25th, 2005, 03:19 PM
susancruzs

Nope, have never given it a thought. I'm always planning, thinking about booking and don't need the encouragement!

Lot of the cruise videos I've seen previews of included lots of stuff that doesn't interest me.

I can research ports on the internet, check travel videos out of the library, I guess I'm too cheap to spend the money!

Susie
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:00 AM
First Mate

We did once on our 25th anniversary cruise. We pull it out every now and then to watch.

Old March 28th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Yeoman

I HAD to buy the video from our first cruise, on the Conquest. DH was in the hairy chest contest, and although he was "runner-up" he was def. a crowd favorite. I needed to have video proof for those that would never believe he would dance like a Chippendale stripper for a plastic ship on a stick!

Lesley

Valor