Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good MOrning Monday

Good Morning from NH's Beautiful Lakes Region. I hope everyone had a great holiday. We did, visiting relatives in Mass. Back to work again this morning. Have a great day cruisemates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good MOrning Monday

howdy from West Texas Y'all.... gonna hit 80's today !!! We had snow on Saturday.... go figure !! Have a good Monday (if possible... after all, it is MONDAY !!)

C ya around the water cooler,

Steph
Old March 28th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning Laura & all CruiseMates to follow.

We had a great Easter, the whole family (14) children, spouses and grand children were over for supper. Had a great time.

As I had mentioned on the Sunday thread, we had 3 of our grand children over for Saturday night. Come to find out why they were up during the night was because they thought they had heard the Easter bunny roaming in the house. Grandma tried to assure them that the bunny was going at their house.

Local newspaper headline: ``Teachers unlikely to walk off jobs?`` It goeas on to say: ``Work-to-rule action could disrupt activities, put pressure on gov't ``....

Have a fun day.

Bill
Old March 28th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter day with their families. I seems all we did was eat! We went to MIL's for dinner after church, and then in the late afternoon, we went to my mother's to eat some of those pierogies that we made last week. Boy, were they good!

The cup of tea I'm drinking right now is very soothing to my throat. The voice was strained by singing the past four days, but yesterday's performance was wonderful. I think we sounded great (if I do say so myself. <G>)

Now it's back to the same old grind. Except we've got some flash flood warnings up because of the rain we're getting right now. Ugh!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Ni from SE Florida where the clouds are blowing by and rain is in the forecast. The turkey dinner was a hit, and now for the leftovers!! yum..

Jeanne
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:47 AM
VTJen

Good Morning from Vermont - where we under a weather alert for a storm with wintery mix - snow/sleet/freezing rain. Then this afternoon it will be just rain - so then we are under flood watch. Thank God dh and son got that stupid culvert thawed out on Saturday - or we would have had big problems.

Yesterday we had a lovely Easter service at church with a 30 piece orchestra (who knew our members were so talented), and an almost 40 voice choir. The downside. The pipes to the spectic system froze - all the toilets backed up. The water in the womens restroom was a couple of inches deep - a toilet kept running thru- it seeped out into the foyer. We had to get a shop vac and spend much of the morning sucking up water - so as usual - my job kept me from enjoying most of the service. Oh, well.

Went to the in-laws for most of the day. Ate way too much, played cards, had sugar-on-snow, played more cards - then headed home. Today food holds no appeal.

Daughter and her boyfriend had to drive from Huntsville, AL to eastern Tenn last night in those awful rainstorms. They had a safe trip, tho'.

Hope you all have a great day. I'll be working from home, as I don't really want to be on the icy roads that are predicted for later.

VT Jen

p.s. I was wondering how Molly is doing and how her "parents" took the news.
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Tverybody,
It's cloudy and windy here in Avon Park,FL. There was a very quick shower about 6AM. The wet stuff is blowing around in the air a little but not coming down.Trevor is supposed to be playing tennis in a few minutes and there's been no call to cancel. This will be the first time he's played in some time due to a bad foot for which he's been under treatment. He can't afford to fall on wet pavement./court.
It will be a usual Monday at work today-but I think there will be another musical program. I'll tell you, with this new Activities Director boss of mine, there's been a LOT more entertainment. Some of the residents like that, some don't. The thoughts going around signal that they are more for the benefit of the Assisted Living and Health Care population than Independents. But, all programs offer something different so I think they are worth attending by everybody.
We didn't do anything extraordinary yesterday for Easter. It was just the two of us.We took turns on the computer all day!! Bye for now. Stay warm, dry and happy! Lynne
PS. Eddie-we sang both services at church yesterday.The anthem was the finale from our cantata, which was a BIG closing! Talk about trying to sing that at 8AM!! Sip away!!

Old March 28th, 2005, 07:14 AM
libbynan

Good Morning from Western AR! It got down to 39F last night, but the high today is supposed to be at least 76. So if all the dry air from the central heating doesn't irritate your sinuses quite enough, all the pollen drifting around outside will finish the job. Not , just dripping and sneezing and snorting and hacking. I'm in quite a sad state this morning. The only one with worse changable weather is Steph and, believe me, I totally sympathize. Hope Trip is feeling well today and didn't overdo on Easter.....like I probably would have. I am always so glad to be out of the hospital and ambulatory that I get carried away. One day I'll learn. Got to go take my mom for early morning, fasting blood work....... everybody have a great day! Go Louisville! Nancy
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

This will be the longest GM I've posted in a while. Easter was very nice. Chris attended the road version of Uptown Girl with my sisters. And then we had nice turkey and ham dinner with my inlaws. 4 of the 7 people at the table have cruises within the next month. Guess what the dominant conversation topic was.

And I got the final word about a road trip negotiation. When Chris and I are on our way back from our Sensation cruise, my sister Shirley and my niece will be en route to catch Holiday out of Mobile. For a portion of our trip we will travel the same route, but in opposite directions. For the past two weeks, we have been trying to find a route/schedule midway point for dinner together to nurse our PCD, and feed their excitement. But it appeared that our timing would be too far off to make it happen. I told Chris to tell them that at the play, along with a statement of our disappointment.

Shirley would have none of it. The final word is that they will delay their arrival in MOBAL to meet us for lunch/dinner in BHAM. I feel a bit guilty about it, because BHAM, our overnight, is over 200 miles from their overnight and I have no idea at what time we'll make into BHAM. Theoretically ,it's only a 3 hour drive form NOLA, but who knows what the actual road time will be?

I hate to see them have to drive that far after dark. We really don't have a choice though, due to Chris's work schedule. She'll need to save up some time for next year's 14-nighter. But I think such a dinner is important to Shirley because this will be her first cruise without our sister Margaret. Those gals traveled some distance in the last few years, from the Arctic Circle to Australia, and from Hawaii to Paris. I'm her only remaining cruising sybling, so that meeting in passing is pretty important to me, too.

Have great day, all!

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation
Summit

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 It's Margaret's fault!
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Morning all from sunny, but very windy TPC nation. Yesterday I had free passes to the Tournament Players Championship and couldn't find anybody who wanted to go. So I went by myself and had a great time, until the rains came and they suspended play. Again! I followed Mike Weir around for a while and he's hitting the ball well. I saw Tiger, Davis Love, Vijay Singh, Ernie Els, Phil Mickelson, and a bunch of others.

After walking off no. 11, Steve Jones (first round leader and former U.S.Open champ) tossed me his ball and said it's not a good ball (he'd just bogeyed the hole). Someone else snatched it away just before I caught it. Which didn't bother me much since it wasn't a good ball !!!

Play resumes today and after working for a few hours I'm heading back out there. It is so windy, and I love watching them plop balls into the water on 17. They look like me!

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny WI. The temps might even get up to 60 today.

Welcome home, Donna. We missed you. Somehow I'm not surprised to hear about all the fun and antics your group had on your trip. It's been fun reading about it this morning.

I'm off to my morning appointment. Have a great day everyone.

Phyll

Old March 28th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Friends! It is a chilly morning. Well, not COLD, but deffinately a dip in temps. Everyone have a super week!

Old March 28th, 2005, 08:35 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............rain.......all weekend!!! Suppose to rain all week too...............but I guess we need it so can't really complain......
Hope everyone had a great Easter....
Prayers & thoughts to those in need.....

Sharon

Old March 28th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates. Looks like another hectic week for me... at least I'm that much closer to my cruise. Hope everyone had a great Easter and hope today is a good start to the week.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old March 28th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Morning all, at 10:26 a.m. I am finally up. It's a good thing that the daycare is closed today for the holiday, because none of us would be in any shape to work - we are all totally shattered. I hope the tour guide and the bus driver have the day off to recover too!
My head is still spinning and my ears still ringling from the non-stop motion and soundtrack of this weekend. I'm glad I live a quiet life...... Before the tour was over, my boss was negotiating with the guide about doing a tour of Boston next year - so look out Boston!
Today will be R&R&R, Rest, Relaxation, and Recuperation!
Later in the day, we will be having my daughter, her boyfriend, and his mother over to meet the family and enjoy a late Easter dinner.
Nice to be back Cruisemates, I missed you!

donna

Old March 28th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin where we will actually be feeling spring finally! Supposed to get into the mid 50's today - too bad I can't enjoy it. Late last week came down with the respiratory bug that has been going on around work.........today is day 4 and no end in sight. Tried to work this past weekend but ended up leaving early both nights, and I called in today. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

Have a great day everyone - me, I will probably be resting in bed.......

Old March 28th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Temps in Calgary dropping slightly today, but we should stay in the low 50s F.

Have to begin the month end accounting process at work. And search for a source for bulk cornflakes crumbs.

One more week to the Vegas land cruise.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates....hope you all have a wonderful day. Looks like after a weekend of storms and rain we are going to have a real sunny day in oreder to dry out.

Old March 28th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon!!! Had a nice Easter Dinner with 3 of my wife's 4 girls (Bridezilla1 is still boycotting the family) and BIL. I have lost 22.6 pounds since January on Weight Watchers and DW has lost 18!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:53 PM
DENISE H

good moring its 63 degress and sunney here in mpls i hope you have a good day