Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Default Friday brain fade

Does anyone have any good brain fade stories? (especially friday ones)

beenie weenie
As per your post in the tuesday thread, our fibre cuts always seem to happen on friday afternoons to.
Do digger drivers/ backhoe operators have brain fade on Fridays?

Post Edited (03-29-05 12:45)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Friday brain fade

I have some great brain fade stories! One time we were going down to Miami and we......wait a minute. What were we talking about?
Jim

Old March 29th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Friday brain fade

Lombard, the only thing worse than having these things happen late Friday afternoon is when they happen on a holiday weekend. Or in the middle of the night on a weekend. Fortunately, we have only had a couple of those in the last several years that affected my clients. All I can say is that its a good thing that all I have to do is to report the troubles for my customers and not go out and identify, troubleshoot and repair. Otherwise you would see a major brain fade. I know I'd have a major meltdown lol! Its funny I love my clients and provide them with a toll free 24 hour 7 day a week trouble reporting service. When that circuit starts bouncing in the middle of the night, guess who they call? Lol!
Honestly I don't mind, I'm just happy to have the customers.
I think it would be interesting to do a study on how many of these fiber cuts happen Friday p.m. verses other times and interview the equipment operators to see whether it was brain fade or if they have a personal grudge against the phone company lol!

I know that people are supposed to call before they dig to have all underground facilities identified here. I have always been curious to know whether the operators or their employers are held financially responsible for the damages and for the lost revenues created during these outages. Do you know how thats handled where you're located?