Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default BALCONY LIGHTS

the wife and i went out yesterday and purchased our balcony lights, we got the lights at bed bath and beyond, they are solar powered, kinda neat, there are batteries too
there is a round disk that houses the batteries, they are ni=cad put it outside and the sun recharges the batteries, lightscome on at dusk, don't know how long they last, i am gonna do as the other cruise passenger, also have nihm rayovac batteries with a recharger, tried them in the solar lights and that works too, will be bringing along the charger the wife made sure we have plenty of them. will need for camera, and above all the mini flashlight the wife is also taking with us, there was a website that reccomends to bring a small flashlight along incase the light go off on the ship, stranger things have been known to happen. leaving 4-10, costa mediterennea to eastern carrib, plan on having a grand ol holiday.

lights are at bed barh and beyond, i know that they are in florida, sure website can give exact locations

happy cruising
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: BALCONY LIGHTS

Is it just me or does anybody else find it "tacky".!!!!!
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Admiral

No Louise, its just you. Geez Louise!
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Josie

I was just wondering why you would want lights on the balcony. If you wanted a little light you could just turn on a light in your room.
Josie
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Admiral

Now please do not misunderstand or take this out of context--- why would you want to decorate your balcony in the first place with lights? There will very likely be people on either side, above and / or below you. What about them ? Most people like to sit on their balcony and relax with a drink, just talk, whatever. Then someone fires up a string of lights that lights up the area like a christmas tree. In my opinion, --- not good. I wouldn't do it to someone and hope I am never unfortunate enough to be beside someone who does.
It's all a matter of opinion as to whether or not it's tacky but personally I think it shows a lack of consideration for ones neighbors.
Just my humble opinion , which as usual, doesn't mean anything to anyone but me.
Old April 4th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Admiral

Ambiance!

These nothing wrong with having a little fun, fun ,FUN!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Admiral

I'm with Liam. It's all about the fun. When we book out first balcony cabin, I'll probably do something goofy like that too. Live it up! Life is too short.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Passenger

i have taken into consideration there are other passengers around me, i will determine if the light will interfere while they are outside having cocktails, i don't think that the lights are all that bright, if fellow passengers complain, lights out. i hope this response puts your mind at ease Mr. Ron, i was raised to be considerate to other people. besides it's i don't think there are as many lights as a christmas tree, i might not even do the job
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Ron--I don't think one set of little tiny lights is going to be bright enough to have any affect on other people. The moon itself can be very bright, especially out at sea. But I agree with tamm that if people complained and the complaint was legitimate (not someone just being a pain in the butt) then I would not use the lights on the balcony. I would put them in my window instead.

Old April 5th, 2005, 04:34 PM
cruisingrandma

We booked our next cruise and we r decorating our cabin doors and plan on going to the auction for the horses. We r taking clothes and gag stuff for our horse. and oh what a great idea to have lights on our first cruise with a balcony. I think it is all fun. I might be old but I am still fun. Happy cruising...... Fun is the name of the game. U only live one....
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Kathy & Dave

We have a set of lights (palm trees and pineapples) that we sometimes use. They are not very bright, not enough to annoy any neighbors. As a matter of fact, a couple of times they waited out for us to see them lit up! We only plug them in when we're sitting out there. Usually an hour or two late in the evening, before we go to bed. Nothing like sipping a margarita, staring off into the water (especially if you have an aft balcony!).

There are times we didn't use them, like when it's too windy. It can be a challenge getting them to stay up. We usually use clear tape, or cable ties if we can tie them to something. As long as you clean up after yourself, the crew doesn't mind.

We've never heard any negative comments while on the ship. If we had, we would have shut them off. Most times, we're about the only people out on our balconies anyway.

Enjoy!

Old April 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM
cara

most recent builds have a balcony light that the company paid for when ship was built. Look for it!