Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2005, 01:34 PM
salem5050

Default Men make me crazy when they....

Ok here is a collection of the things my husband of 32 years does to make me crazy...add any of your own.

Uses the toilet paper leaving 2 squares on the roll.

Leaves a tables spoon of liquid on anything that is returned to the frig.

Only puts in 3/4 of the shower curtain....so the floor is always soaked.

Those of the top three things that drive me crazy about my man even though I love him!

Mary Margaret
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Em

Default Re: Men make me crazy when they....

WE make YOU crazy ?!!!

Em
Old April 9th, 2005, 02:21 PM
First Mate

I've only been married five years but I can certainly add somethings to this list.
My husband:

Walks into the house and you can follow the trail of clothes to wherever he is.
He is completely clueless on how to use the bathroom sink without spraying water drops all over the mirror.
He knows where to find the beer, he knows how to open the beer, he can appropriately dispose of the bottle cap, his is fully capable of drinking the beer, however, he for some reason believes that the empty bottles should forever decorate all rooms in the house.

However, my number one pet peeve, and this could have something to do with the two of us being from different countries is he wears socks with his sandals!

Old April 9th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Passenger

Crumbs on the kitchen counter. Always. Drives me crazy!

donna

Old April 9th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival_CD_AndiKX Send a message via Yahoo to Carnival_CD_AndiKX

Well I have a fiance for one plus year and he likes to leave the dirty dishes at his parents house but when at my parents house he always cleans up after himself. Why his mom is more busy than my mom. Thats all that i can think of right now i will add more later. Ps the bathroom issue is not a problem at either house not only dose he put down the seat but the lid as well so kudos for my man.

Old April 9th, 2005, 07:57 PM
venice

and your point ? (smile) I bet if you talked to our mothers you would find out why we are the way we are..and if you are raising sons, train them right so you won't have to hear about them from your future daugter-in-laws(smile)
In the big picture of life...I think you know we love you or else we would not be taking you women on so many cruises (smile)
Old April 9th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Admiral

Here's mine--

Opens his closet door, takes out his clothes, leaves the door OPEN.

Puts empty milk container back in fridge because there is still a drop in it and this way I'll know we need milk.

Washes the dishes (this is great) except doesn't wash the silverware.

Doesn't believe in replacing the trash bag when he empties the trash (IF AND WHEN he empties it)

and the all time favorite---leaves the toilet seat UP!!!!!

But after all these and I'm sure more if I really think about it, how can you live without them????

Old April 10th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Good grief girls, if that's all you have to complain about you have nothing to complain about.

Let's see, is he a couch potato who can't hold a job? Does he use all your money for drugs instead of paying the mortgage? Is he in constant trouble with the law? Does he cheat neighbors or relatives? Does he hit or abuse you? Does he steal from you or relatives?

Look at what's really important.

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 10th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Thomas, Thomas, Thomas--this is just girls having fun. I thank God everyday for sending my DH into my life. We have been married almost 21 years and together for 25 years. He is wonderful guy who is nothing of the things you stated. He even lets me be a couch potato when the Red Sox are on.

To quote Cindi Lauper----"GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN"

Have a great and safe Sunday.

Old April 10th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Yes, but c'mon. The title of this thread is "Men Make Me Crazy When....".

Mind if I add one about the other sex?

Yesterday I had a garage sale to get rid of some junk. In the garage sale was a pair of shoes Mrs. Thomas just "had to have" because they were on sale for $10 from the regular price of $30, "and I'm saving $20." said she. They were never worn and in the garage sale for $2. I would have been better off to just give $8 to the store and told them to keep the shoes.

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:38 AM
salem5050

Chill thomas!

As said before its just a little pet peeve topic, and hey men are sure welcome to add the things that woman drive men crazy doing!

Ah another thing I forgot......leaving gobs of toopaste in the sink....thats a must! hahaha

Mary Margaret
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Men make me crazy when (thank goodness this doesn't include mine!) they can't take a joke!!

hahaha Sorry Thomas!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Admiral

HEY NOW!!!! You all are ganging up on me!!!!

And you should save those drops of toothpaste that harden on the sink, they make great after dinner mints!!!!

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Men make me crazy when they....

Here is mine:

1) Leaves whiskers in the sink after shaving

2) Leaves shaving cream all over water faucet and knobs

3) Leaves behind his wash cloth hanging on the water control knob and sometimes the shower floor

4) Leaves his drink cup/bottle in the garage when messing around out there (usually with some of the drink still remaining)

I guess I'm lucky, I divorce him and now have a neat and tidy house (well most of the time).

Oh did I forget to mention, hasn't worked in over 5 years, spends most of the day "socializing" with the guys on our street that are also unemployed, retired or work night shifts? How about the fact that I can spend the money I earn on his cigarettes but not on makeup for me?

My..my do I sound bitter or what? Here's to single and lovin it!!

Caribbean Princess 05/28/2005
Golden Princess 05/23/2004
Tropicale 04/2000
Old April 10th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Psst, I can add one about Art ... for some reason, *everyone* in his family -- both the sons and daughter -- cannot *fully* close a drawer, closet door, medicine cabinet door, etc. I come home from work, and go around shuting everything completely.

Oh-oh, here he comes, better post and act innocent. :-)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old April 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Admiral

How about this one!! The lovely Mrs. Jones gets upset at me because I put both the seat, and the cover down. She sez that since it's just the two of us here, that it's more convenient for her to have me just put down the seat, and leave the cover up!
Women,,,,,you can't live with 'em, and you can't live without 'em.
Ken
Old April 10th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Ken.

I think Mrs. Jones now knows what it is like, "always having to lift the seat"!
Why can't women leave the seat "up" occassionally???

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Really!

Why not leave the seat in the mode for the next user???? Up for him, down for her???

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

OMG Thomas, abuse me, abuse my dog, steal from me but do NOT wear socks with sandals!!!!!!! Tamie I feel your pain LLLLLLLL I worked with a man that would come in with sandals an these WHITE socks that came almost to his knees LLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Wear sock with sandals??????????? Who said anything about socks with sandal???

I'm lost..

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 11th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Captain

I would like to address the toilet issue. When we ( the fair delicate sex) sit down to use the toilet, unaware that an inconsiderate male has left the seat up, we get a very private part of our anatomy wet. Now we a very willing to put up with this on the condition that the man leaving the seat up has the same problem when he goes to use it.

ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old April 11th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Posted by tamie above: "However, my number one pet peeve, and this could have something to do with the two of us being from different countries is he wears socks with his sandals!" Thomas, go to your room!!! Bet it's been awhile since someone told you that.....but I have to agree with you about the garage sale and the shoes.

My pet peeve is that no MALE in my family will clean the dang bathroom! They use it more than I do. At least we have trained them to leave the seat down....but everything else is a total mess! Is it so hard to spray the shower/bath tub with the Soap Scum inhibitor? Is it that hard to wipe the sink?

Old April 11th, 2005, 01:28 AM
Admiral

Look before you leap / take a seat.

They used to wear socks and sandels in the 70's, didn't they?

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn neeeeee!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Admiral

I don't understand how women can go into the bathroom to use the toilet and NOT see the toilet seat is UP???? The speed of light is 180,000 miles per second for Pete's sake. How in the world can you sit to do your business and NOT know the seat is up?????

Please explain this unbelievable phenomenon!!!

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 12th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival_CD_AndiKX Send a message via Yahoo to Carnival_CD_AndiKX

Well I have gotten used to the Whole seat thing with my fiance. It gives me a better workout. SO all the little things make me toner. i love my Man eventhough he can't hold his liqour. Pour Guy. I guess im the butch one in the realtionship.

I like the Hard Mints idea and it works great. I guess thats how they make altoids.haha
Old April 12th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Admiral

Thomas, first let me say that my hubby NEVER has left the seat up .............not once, but I can certainly explain how the wet fanny phenomenom happens. You see, if you have a small nightlight or one of those little limelights glow lights, then you aren't likely to turn on the main light in the middle of the night. That's when the fanny hits the water is at night. I don't care for lights so I never turn them on at night and rely on one of those limelights to put just enough light in the room to get around. So, with that in mind and being tired in the middle of the night, you forget to "look before you leap". That's when it happens!

I am very lucky. Neither my husband nor my son has every left the seat up. I don't need to look first.

Old April 12th, 2005, 01:17 AM
Admiral

LMAO Thanks Carole. That made me giggle.

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Passenger

Come on men! Let's hear from you. Women make me crazy when they.......
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Admiral

Chris and I have been married 15+ years. I'm convinced that only a spiritual basis keeps a marriage together. So, every morning I wake up and say my morning prayer:
"Lord, I solemnly promise that today I will NOT kill her."

I don't know about other wives, but my own has a tremendous capacity for telling me what to do while I'm in the process of doing it. Example--I'm driving down the street. The light ahead is turning red. My foot is already going to the brake pedal and she, almost invariably says, "You have to stop for that light."

That remarkable penchant has led me to a stunning epiphany--and pay attention guys, many of your questions about HER in relation to you are about to be answered. Guys, the Cosmic Truth is,

THOU MAYEST NOT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT THE PRIOR INSTRUCTION OR PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM A WOMAN.

To do anything without that instruction or permission leaves any such deeds of your own volition without Cosmic legitmacy, and universal stability. You are dependent upon HER to keep the Universe from crushing you for failure to comply.

Your life is full of direct evidence that this is the case. Here are only seven exhibits of that evidence in sequence. I'm sure you'll find other exhibits in your own life: [It's a shame this has to be pointed out to most guys]

1) You are brought into this world by a woman. She will care for you and tell you what to do, until you are old enough to leave with a babysitter.

2) That babysitter will likely be a girl--who will care for you and tell you what to do.

3) When you go to school, the teachers in your earliest grades will likely be women--who will care for you and tell you what to do.

4) In the fullness of time, when you start courtship, you likely develop a relationship with a young woman--who, in a limited (hopefully) way, cares for you and tells you what to do. And the Gates of Hell cannot prevail against her fury if you fail to comply. Try to forget a Valentine, or act blase about the prom. I dare you!

5) Say you decide to marry the young woman. You better have the right ring to present, and you better ask her in the perfect (i.e. expensive!) setting. And the Gates of Hell...comply.

6) So we'll skip what happens during the wedding planning stage--except to say that the best way to ruin a marriage is to begin it with a wedding. Refer back to the "Gates of Hell" statement, and inject it with steroids. That is wedding planning.

7) At this point you have survived the wedding. You have returned from the honeymoon. And now you are in the den. SHE is at the other end of the house, well out of your sight.

In one hand you have the hammer, in the other, the nail. A picture is leaning against a piece of furniture. You hold the nail against the wall. Your hand is drawn back to strike the first blow on the nail. And now you hear HER voice from the other end of the house, "Honey, while you're not doing anything, why don't you hang that picture we got in that little shop while we were on our honeymoon?"

Guys, that is going to happen. When it does, do not shout, do not swear, and do not yell at her. Instead, with all abject gratitude, tell her, "Thank you, honey. I was wrong for acting without your permission. But you have given Cosmic Legitamacy to what might have had disastrous consequences. May I now take my next breath?"

That's the way it is, Guys. Live with it because you cannot live without HER. And don't forget to say your morning prayer.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation
Summit

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 It's Margaret's fault!