Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Patti Herndon

Default shipboard wedding ceremony

Hi!

I was lucky to find this great site yesterday and will look forward to utilizing it. My husband and I will be cruising in late July...my second cruise, his first. We are so excited. We've also decided to do a shipboard recommitment wedding ceremony.
We married in a civil ceremony and did'nt get to "do it up big"....so we're indulging the idea of remarrying each other. It's going to be weird not having any guests though....But maybe we'll meet some great folks and invite them to the ceremony! How fun!!!
Any advise on how to proceed with plans and expectations we should or should not have would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Crusing!

Patti
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Re: shipboard wedding ceremony

Contact the Cruse Line. They will do it all for you.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Most of the newer ships have non-denominational chapels in them and will perform the ceremony for you.

Request to be seated at a large table for dinner then you can invite your tablemates.

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 17th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Passenger

Hi Thomas!

Thanks for the great info....I did some checking on chapel availability...We'll be cruising on Carnival's Ectasy; they don't have a chapel (sigh)....but they do a great deal of weddings on the ship. From what I'm understanding, they have an area outfitted to perform ceremonies in style. Hopefully not "Las Vegas" style....That's not what we are interested in. But, I think it will be nice....We have a wonderul suite with balcony; and we're hoping for great weather... I think the best approach is to plan as well as possible; then, just have a relaxed attitude about the experience. There are probably better ships for the purpose of weddings...However, this idea just came to us recently; and we booked our cruise months ago. But hey....Who's to say we could'nt just do it again on our next cruise!!?? We're interested in cruising on some other cruise lines in the future, to keep it interesting.

Thanks again!

Patti