Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Greetings from Minnesota and good Thursday morning

Got a impromtu message to be in Minnesota for business. Unable to visit Mike M as I understand he is in California. That I miss a great deal, was hoping for a visit.
This business trip could not come at a worse time. Remodeling two baths, laying floor tile in 50% of the house. Decisions have to be made between the wife and I. On the phone with her every chance I get. There have been so many delays!!!!!!
Has been 6 weeks since the project began. Nice job, but they are sloooow.

And we sail in 20 days and I'll cut that short with business by 8 days. 12 days upon my return to wrap up this contractor, appointments and some place in there to make final arrangements for the cruise, ground transportation. Wife is busy with a lot of matters with my in-laws. Hectic, hectic. When it rains it pours.

To top that off the phone company finally found our line problem. Have to dig up the conduit from the street box to the house and replace it with a new line and then put everything back together. Landscape will be a mess as will the concrete and other items. They will replace anything damaged but we really don't need this now.

Holy stress Batman. Phyllbo, where did I put that Jack Daniels ..

Good Thursday morning CruiseMates.

Post Edited (04-14-05 00:29)

Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Greetings from Minnesota

Good morning everyone! Weather is clear and cool here in SE Wisconsin - typical April weather with "cooler near the lake" the norm.

I have finally achieved SDM status!!!! I am getting psyched! Now, if I can just get my ears cleared up - still are clogged and I dread having to fly like this. I have tried antihistamines, the antibiotics are completed but still am plugged. I want to hold off on the sudafed because of my blood pressure, but will do that if I have to. Any suggestions, gang?

Geez Steve - when it rains it pours!!!!! At least now you know the cause of the problem with your computers. And it will be fixed - too bad they have to dig up so much to do it.
Time will fly for you - I hope you and your wife get everything done that needs to be done and you can relax on your cruise.

Have a great day everyone!

Post Edited (04-14-05 00:28)
Old April 14th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Greetings from Minnesota and good Thursday morning

Good morning Steve, Angela and all the CMs to follow. Steve, I thought my life was crazy...but you win! Angela, congrats on the SDM status. Here in Pittsburgh, we are experiencing something very unusual. No rain for almost an entire week! And warm temps.....I must be dreaming! I hope you all have a great day!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old April 14th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where life is a lot calmer than Steve's! I'm off on the road (or in the skies actually) again tomorrow to see my sister in California for a long weekend. This is hectic on the heels of just getting back from Colorado but it was good timing for a visit because of her job.
Angela Z. who has the most understanding husband in the world!
Old April 14th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Not much going on here. Had a nice visit with BIL during dinner last night. He filled us in with his girls (3 daughters & wife...the poor guy gets ganged up on too often!). Other than that, not much to report.

Have a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old April 14th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Florida. Another beautiful morning here.

Steve---so sorry to hear about what you are going through. WOW. At first I was wondering if you were trying another joke out on us. If only that were the case. Hope you can get on that cruise and leave all the troubles behind you soon.

Lisa, hope your ear problems clear up before you have to get on an airplane.

Angela, it's good to have you back with us. Glad you survived the trip to CO even with the snow. Have fun in CA.

Glad you are getting some nice weather ML. Hope you can take the time to enjoy it.

Ed, nice to hear you had a good visit with your BIL yesterday too.

I'll spend the day with my brother. I'll be picking Jake up at the airport tonight. I'll miss you chatters, but it sure will be nice to have Jake home a day early.

Have a good one all.
Phyll

Old April 14th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
It's sunny, warm and will be dry over the next seven days here in Avon Park,FL. At least that's what the weather guy said this morning.
Work is going to be busy today with a performer coming in this afternoon, and an education fair going on for employees across the street at the Facility's affiliated church. I was scheduled to be there to go through it this afternoon (it's an alternative, "fun" way of going through our annual in-service. Supposed to beat having to sit through 6 or more hours listening to dept. heads and watching monotonous videos that many of have seen before), but talked with the boss about it yesterday to lead her to the conclusion that I will be her "cover" at the facility while she is across the street at the other thing. Besides, tomorrow is a lighter day for me, Activities wise. My colleagues from the Health Care Center (nursing home)will go over today.
It's just about 8AM so I'll close. Today is donut run again.Boy, the week sure does go by quickly!! Bye for now. Take care, Everybody!! Lynne

Old April 14th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Is it just me, or are you guys experiencing place names in green and underlined?

Let's see.....Godd Morning all, from Montreal, where we are at 5C right now, but with promises to hit 10C (50F). The weekend is forecast at 16C, I can't wait!
It's already Thursday and my countdown clock is moving swiftly. I am no-where near ready! I haven't even done last weekend's vacuuming yet!
Steve, I thought I was incredibly busy, with lots of projects going, but you win! Stress, stress! You will need that cruise, just like I need mine!

Angela, nice to see you back, but I will say bon voyage again as you fly off to California!

Lisa, try a few drops of mineral oil in your ears. Works for me, and I am often plugged up from allergies. (also works on my dog, to loosen the gunky brown wax!!)

Have a good day Mates!

donna

Old April 14th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! its going to be another beautiful sunny day here in Mass, a bit cool to start but the temps are gradually climbing .
Donna, i am getting those funny green underlines also, what's up with that?
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Yeoman

Happy Thursday everyone. Another sunny day here in Newcastle, ON. It's supposed to get up to about 60 F today. I'm hoping this means we aren't getting any more snow!

Steve: Just remember there are no relatives, phone lines, tiles, or business trips on your cruise.....relaxation is all there is.

Lisa: Congrats on being an SDM! You lucky thing. Have you tried ear drops for the clogged ears? Or maybe having your Dr. clean them out? Good luck.

Mary Lou: We are having the same weather dreams. Shhhhhhhh don't wake us up.

Angela: Have a wonderful visit with your sister. There's nothing like sisters!

Eddie: Your BIL is a lucky guy. My Dad had the same # of women in his life & wouldn't have traded it for anything.....BUT he would have loved a second (or third, or fourth) bathroom.

Phyll: So glad to hear you're feeling well.

Lynne: I hope you enjoy the performer along with your clients.

To all those who follow...have a great day & take care.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old April 14th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! I hope everyone has a fantastic day. Mine is great! Life is Great! All is well with the world!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old April 14th, 2005, 08:42 AM
libbynan

Just time for a quick good morning..... sorry for those who are dealing with all these problems and frustrations. The green words are something else, like the popups, that doesn't show up on my Mac. I guess I owe my techie son a big thank you. Got to wash my face, brush my teeth, etc. so I can get off to radiation. I see more of these people than I do of my family...... and they certainly see MORE of me.... Happy Thursday!
Old April 14th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..WOW!!! I made it in for a good morning thread. Ran some virus scans and adware last night and seems to be doing better. I thought I was going to have to use this puter for a boat anchor.>VBG<
Ckd on the inlaws this morning and FiL seems to be doing better but still not out of the woods..CM prayers are working though>S<..DW.(I love her so much), woke me up at 6:45 by pulling on my ear and asking me if I was awake. Sure, sure(ouch!), I am awake.
She then got that sweet little pointing finger down in my, one opened eye, and shaking it violently, saying, YOU better have that boat hooked up and ready to go by 4pm so YOU can take me fishing..I said, Yes Dear, so let it be shouted, so let it be done. It is now hooked up to the truck and her rod and reel are oiled and ready to go.>VBG< If I know her like I think I do. She will probably pop in at any minute and say..LET"S GO!!..

I hope you all are having a great day and hope you stay safe.

Steve..while you are resting, can you look for me a souveneir from Minn. >G<

Lisa..hope the ears get unStopped before your flight..I would say try a firecracker but if I were you, I would just stay with the chewing gum.>>Congrats on the SDM.
MaryLou..hope the warm temps stay with you.
Angela..hope you have a great time with your visit out west.
Eddie..I know you had a good time at the BiL..those girls sound like a handfull.>G<
Phyll...I still cant belive that you and Tweety are now in Fla..hope Jake makes it in okay. Why dont you and Jake get on the chat and All of us will just listen to you two..>JK<
Lynne..Hope your day is filled with warm temps and pass the dougnuts please.
RollerD..YES!! those green thingys and undrlines are on mine too...and I cant belive you are headed out in just 10 short days..Wow!!...
LisK..I am trying to push some warm temps your way..>G<
Rebel..have a good day too.
Carole..Have a good day and I was just wondering if the Nova needs washing, waxing, DRIVEN????><
Libby...Hope your day goes good and hope the treatment goes well..have a good one.

Seed yaz all later and stay safe..
John ( watching down the road for DW trying to sneek up on me )

Post Edited (04-14-05 09:35)
Old April 14th, 2005, 09:55 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........sun is shinning......weather has been fairly nice....I'm trying MaryLou......if it goes the way they say you should have good weather while you're here......
Not much going on today.......Steve.....hang in there.......
Y'all have a great Thursday!!!!

Sharon

Old April 14th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Woke up to a skiff of snow on the ground! Hopefully it's an abberrition, and will disappear quickly. Still looking to highs in the 60sF for Calgary by the weekend.

Off for some bloodwork and X rays today. Afterwards if the weather's cleared maybe I'll get to wash the car.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 14th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from sunny California??????????????

No wait, I'm in my own bedroom, that's my own wife next to me (whew) <VBG>

Steve, I'm right here in Minnesota. Sorry about having to dig up the yard. I figured that's what they'd have to do. I offered to bring out the LanCats and test it out.

Not too much going on. The Dell expert came early this morning and Mongo has a new motherboard. They contract them with local tech companies. I can't say too much for his tool kit. I had to lend him a CPU puller because I really didn't want him pulling the CPU with the screw driver he was going to use. (I have a thing for bent pins) So far Mongo is behaving himself.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 14th, 2005, 10:33 AM
CruisinK&J

Good morning from sunny Southern California, really, I AM here, Steve and Mike!

Steve, you've had a partner in all that stress. I am going thru it, too, all though I think now the plumbing problems have been resolved. We will use the master bedroom shower this a.m for the first time in a week. The new water heater and furnace are chugging along. Now I can think about important things like taxes and a new floor mop.

My mother's house in Minnesota has been sold. The price was more than I thought it would be, but that's a good thing.

A quiet day, and that's also a very good thing.

Happy anticipation to all the travelers.

Judy
Old April 14th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a cloudy Vancouver. Not much planned. Just waiting for a friend to phone me and we will go for coffee at Tim Horton's( a good coffee place here in Canada). I have to take the eldest to a Ballet festival/competition later today.
Take care everyone. Bye for now. Brenda

Old April 14th, 2005, 12:38 PM
DENISE H

good moring y2c its a great day here in mpls is this your frist vist to your state what
do you think of minnestoa i hope you have a great time here