Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning and Last Work Week for Me!

The final countdown has begun, and I cannot sleep, so here I am at almost 2 am, celebrating the beginning of my last work week before vacation. It will be a short week also, since I am taking Thurs. afternoon and Friday off to do all those last minute things, like Dr. appointments and getting the pets to their sitter.
This evening's weather forecast said 23C for Tues. - that's 73F!! If this keeps up, we won't have to go to Florida.....JK!!
How about a true "Senior Moment?" Yesterday, I was talking to my step-son's new girlfriend, who is now living with him and helping bring up my granddaughter. I heard her last name and it rang a bell - she was a Nursery School student of mine aboout 25 years ago!! What are the odds of that?! Now I feel REALLY old!
Well, off to do some more lurking on the boards and try to get tired.... have a great Monday everybody!

donna

Old April 18th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Good Monday Morning and Last Work Week for Me!

Good Morning CruiseMates fro NH's beautiful Lakes Region. It is supposed to be another lovely day today .Finally some summer like weather for us. Yesterday was a beautiful day and we enjoyed it at a boat show. We looked at soooooo many new and used boats. It was nice to dream. Decided to keep our aged boat. The others all had 1 thing that ours does not have...............a payment book!. Back to work this morning I hope the week goes well. Have a great dyall.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 18th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Admiral

gonna be a great day here in TX.... it got up to 86 over the weekend ! Plants are blooming.... its nice to see the efforts paid off....

Have a great week yall !!

Steph
Old April 18th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

RD, I know you've waited a long time for this week. Enjoy it!

My sister disembarked from her Holiday cruise on Saturday and should be getting home today. So I'll probably hear some of her sea tales by this evening. Her next cruise will be my next one in 328 days.

Last night, my niece and nephew shared their sail away aboard Vision of the Seas via cellphone. They had called earlier to announce they got a free upgrade to a Seaview cabin. They were so excited! Their last cruise had been our first one, the big family one of two years ago. They have watched us sail 3 times since then, so it's our turn to be slightly envious of them. Today is their first sea day since Feb '03.

I guess I'll have to get with the 21st Century by next year and get a cellphone to share our next sailaway.

Have a great Monday, all!

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation
Summit

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 It's Margaret's fault!
Old April 18th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone! Monday, already????? I cannot believe how quick these weeks go. Only two more weeks before we fly to Seattle for our cruise!
We had another beautiful weekend and the nice weather is to be around until at least Wednesday. It is supposed to be 80 tomorrow. Might have to take a half day tomorrow to get some more yard work done. I hope you all have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old April 18th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It was a wonderful weekend! I got a lot of yard work done Sat. so I decided to rest a bit on Sunday. I kicked back and watched the Mets lose (Booo!) and went to choir rehersal. Busy day, huh? <G> We've still got a couple nice days coming up before it rains, so I'm going to spray the lawn for weeds, and take the branches from the apple trees by the road so the town will remove them. I hope I get them out there before the crew gets there. I really pruned the trees down this year so there are lots of branches.

Well, it's back to work.

Hope everone has a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old April 18th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Good morning everyone.

Donna - I know how you feel. We leave Saturday!!! I booked last June and it felt like it was taking forever to get here and now the time is flying by and I have too much to do!

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 18th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Florida. The clouds are blocking the beautiful sunrise out there this morning, but hopefully they'll get out of the way soon. Sure has been cool and windy down here the last few days. I know the heat and humidity will arrive any day, so I'm trying to just enjoy the cooler days.

Jake and I got our coffee at McD's yesterday morning, and went down by the inlet to watch the surf. Wow, were there ever some big waves! No 70ft. ones though.

Hope you all have a great day. Lisa and RD will enjoy this week for sure. ML, nice to see your cruise getting so close too.

Phyll

Old April 18th, 2005, 06:28 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Back from the Big Apple. Had a great time and ran non-stop the whole week. Now tons to catch up on.

Hope you all have a great day.

VTJen
Old April 18th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Admiral

Morning everyone from the chilly south.

Let the work week begin. Only 16 more days until I start collecting "money for nothing" and am down to only one job. I may continue to work beyond my official retirement date just until the house sells but it will be a whole different attitude knowing I can walk out at anytime and they still have to pay me.

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 18th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody!
The sun is out down here and the weather is in the mid-50's, with a little breeze. It's hoped that the temps will be much warmer here in Avon Park, FL. by lunchtime. I must say, though, that I rarely leave the building during the day so "enjoy" the warmth by the sliding doors opening in the main and residents' lobby and rely on their reports!

We made our "joyful noise" last night at the church and that went well. Our final performance for our Highlands Ridge Chorale will be Wednesday evening at a church a tad north of here.

Not much left to report for now, so it's off to get ready for work. "Have a fantastic day! " (I think that was a line from our last cruise director.How could I forget it! Lynne

Old April 18th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from sunny Long Island. Temps here on the island are supposed to be unseasonally warm this week and that's OK with me.

Spent the beautiful day yesterday emptying and cleaning all the assorted flower pots that we have accumulated over the years. Threw away some and packed the others. Have the beer keg barrel cleaned, and ready for the trip. Not sure we'll be h aving parties where it will be needed anymore but we'll have it just in case.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old April 18th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Morning cruisers! Booked a little trip to FL over the weekend. It's not a cruise, but a Mother's Day present to myself and my daughter. Short countdown too! I'll be gazing at Mother, Mother Ocean for a few days and visiting family.

Ya'll have a good day to start the week.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old April 18th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all!!! The Norwegian Dawn has returned to NYC this morning a little worse for the wear. Couldn't believe the media reports with the disgruntled pax who blamed the cruise line. Of course as I pointed out in the other thread I hope no one actually thinks the media was honest in their interviews. I am sure the pax who took it all in stride were avoided by the interviewers like the plague.

MikaLyn got her permit at the end of her driving lesson on Saturday. She jumped out of the instructor's car, waved it at me with a big grin and ran inside to call everyone in the world she knows. Later that day she drove Marj and me to her father's house, about 50 miles. I cowered in the back seat while DW supervised (after all Mikie is hers). Actually the little squirt has learned her lessons quite well and was complaining about the other drivers (mostly from Philadelphia) like a seasoned pro.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Post Edited (04-18-05 10:16)

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning CM friends.

Another beautiful day in paradise (Florida)
Only 37 days till we leave for our 15 busy days of land and sea tour to the northwest and Alaska. I have a bag packed with the sweat shirs and long pants, rain coats. Guess you could say I'm excited. Lurking around all the sites about the places we will visit is a daunting task. Started to make some pre- made pages for my scrapbook. lots to do, but the list is getting shorter.
Have a great week every one.
I will be on the chat board tonight,
Carole
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Yeoman

Happy Monday everyone. We had a gorgeous weekend. We had a bbq yesterday with my son & his wife & her parents. All the outlaws had a great time. They brought over the new puppy. It was pretty interesting with our dog, my two cats, my DD's two cats and a puppy. My daughter was working & missed all the fun.
Have to get ready to go to Curves now. It's weigh in day!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:51 AM
libbynan

Good morning all! I know you should be careful what you wish for, but I want rain. It rained the day after I planted my new flowers, but it's now been over a week and I am tired of watering. Whine, whine.......... Phyllbo, glad to hear you are enjoying the warm. Know you will be glad to hear I have only 6 radiation treatments left, including today. Then 3 weeks free of drs.,etc. before I do my last three rounds of chemo. The end is near....... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. One of the radiation techs told me Friday that I was getting to look kinda "crispy" and that they try to tell patients that they are nearly finished as "done" is a little too close to the truth! !
Old April 18th, 2005, 09:06 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.....sun is shinning....suppose to for the next week to week & a half.......temps up to the low to mid 60's......I'm trying for ya Mary Lou!!!! <S>
Hope everyone has a great Monday........

Sharon

Old April 18th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers! My cruise keeps getting closer and closer, and boy do I need it!

Hope everyone has a terrific week!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old April 18th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin where it is supposed to get into the 70's today and tomorrow - the trees are beginning to leaf out and allergies are in the air!

Got 95% of my packing for the cruise done yesterday - just have to worry about a couple of last minute items that need to go in the suitcase.

RD - this week is going to fly for us!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Old April 18th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The gorgeous weekend weather in Calgary never materialized. Took Sammy for a walk and frisbee toss yesterday wearing fleece. Me - not him <G>

Heading into work shortly. Just have to stop for more blood tests along the way.

Hoping the weather improves this week as the golf course I belong to is due to open Friday.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 18th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from a dreary Southern California. An overcast day heralds a cooler week with temps in the high 60's and mid 70's. If I lived at the beach, I'd be wearing sweats over my jammies.

Not much going on today. We'll give the gym another try and then to the neighborhood Mexican restaurant for lunch.

An early bon voyage to RD and Lisa. Everyone else, have a good Monday.

Judy
Old April 18th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a bright sunny Vancouver. Should be nice for the rest of the week! Lucky I only have to work my Mon .late shift and Tues. early shift this week!!!
Bought a new coffee maker on the weekend. Last one's warmer/burner was not working for 2 weeks and then the entire thing was broken!
Am contemplating getting a table next Sat. at the school garage sale to sell some of the little baby/toddler/preschool stuff I have. But with the good weather, I hate to be stuck inside plus how do I hang the clothes up properly with just a table?!!
Sounds like everyone's day is starting out well!
Thomas-lucky you getting to retire! Congrats!
Take care everyone. Bye for now. Brenda