Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Default "RedNeck" theme cruise

After reading "singsforsuppers" post about the RedNecks all being aboard his RCL cruise, I started thinking about the possibilitys! I think one of the major cruise lines should jump at this. A REDNECK theme cruise. They could have a couple of NASCAR stars aboard, to give lectures. (Of course, most people wouldn't understand a word they say, unless they are a RedNeck) The dining room could serve REDNECK food,,,,stuff like possum stew, meat loaf, and grits for breakfast. (Actually, the Oosterdam cruise I just took served most of this stuff. They just called it the Comfort Food items) Instead of those silly horse races they have where you buy the horses and dress them up, they could have STOCK CARS!. I'll bet they'd bring lots more money than those stupid horses. Entertainment could be modified to be mostly C&W. Instead of "piano bar", they could have "guitar bars". Instead of Bingo, they could have Horse Shoe pitching contest.
What do you'll think? Any more ideas? Am I onto something here?
Happy sailing,
Ken
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2005, 02:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: "RedNeck" theme cruise

as the song goes .......... HELL YEAH!!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Maybe they could get Larry the Cable Guy or Jeff Foxworthy for entertainment!

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 22nd, 2005, 03:09 PM
MagnoliaBlossom

Being a Luziana girl living in the heart of redneck country I should be able to think of a thing or two.
Dining room attire would require a shirt, but sleeves would be optional.
The cigar bar would be replaced with chewing tobacco and snuff.
Budweiser, Miller and Old Milwaukee would be the only beers allowed and they would be served not in helmets or buckets, but in hub caps.
The talent show would include a category for duck and turkey calling.
The Newlywed game would have 3 categories, oldest couples, youngest couples, and those most closely related.
Afternnon snacks would include moon pies and R.C. Cola.
Drink of the day (for the wimps not drinking Budweisers [probably city folks or girly types]) would be watermelon daiquiris. The men folk would make proper use of the watermelon seeds.
Do you even want to think about men's hairy chest contest? Waaay too many possibilities for mischief there.
The walkie talkies now popularly rented would be referred to as mobile (pronounced moBILE) CB's and you would have to select a handle to use it. That's a big 10-4, good buddy.
Sunday morning church service would feature the Gaither Brothers and would be a grand gospel singing good time.
Lunch following Sunday service would of course be fried chicken, mashed taters and milk gravy, black eyed peas and cornbread, followed by peach or dewberry cobbler with niller ice cream. Do I even need to mention that sweeted-while-its-hot iced tea would be served.
Before the show every night we'd all stand and sing the Star Spangled Banner, after which of course some yahoo would yell "play ball" (in the South, we thank that's the last two words of the song).
Everyone on board would be referred to as "sir" or "maam"
The blackjack tables would be replaced with pool tables. Afterall rednecks can't count to 21, anyway. The might have to add another craps table or two and you can bet there'd be a floating bourea game going somewhere. And, they might outa' lock up the chickens in case the boys decide to have a cock fight.

Hmm, that's it off the top of my head, but I'm gonna' have some fun thinking about this.

Magnolia Blossom
Old April 22nd, 2005, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

There actually is a couple of Nascar Theme cruises during the year, with some of the Nascar drivers onboard for meet and greets etc.

They do very well!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 22nd, 2005, 06:39 PM
Admiral

MagnoliaBlossom, you're a hoot!!

donna

Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Where do I sign up??? Can we sail out of Galveston? Oh, wait, some people think those ARE redneck cruises!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:42 PM
Admiral

The term "Redneck" is supposed to be derogatory but the folks that it was meant towards turned it around to make it proud to be referred to as a Redneck. No, they don't sit around in their underware drinking beer and spitting tobacco but they are mostly God-fearing honest people who treat women with respect, love the kids, show respect for thier elders and family and work hard. When they say "How ya'll doing?" they really want to know how you are and it isn't just a greeting. They say sir and ma'am and no we don't date cousins, we just call people we like cousin or a nickname with Bubba being a favorite. We like stock-car racin but many have given up on NASCAR as it has become too much New York. The ladies still wear dresses on Sunday's and don't have a cigarette hanging out of their mouth while cussing at the nieghbors. <G> While I was born in New England my ancestors came from the South and I have lived here since 16 and my wife is a Southern Belle born and raised who will until the day she dies refer to her father as "Daddy" and mother as "Momma" I am proud to have Southern Pride in me now.
Jim

Old April 22nd, 2005, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Man-o-man,,,,where do I sign up? Magnolia has got it all figured out, fur sure. The only other things that I think should happen,,,,,are that first,,,,lets drain the pools, and fill them with cole slaw. Then we can have some of that Ladys Wrestlin' in there,,,,just like Daytona Beach. Secondly, formal night will have to be a little bit different. Like Magnolia sez,,,on formal night, sleeves will be mandatory in the dining room.
I'm tellin' you, the lines are missing out by not having this!!!!! Of course having the NASCAR guys aboard is a start in the right direction..
Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:24 PM
Admiral

What about a women's hairy chest competition?
Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Sorry, but your creation has already been created and the NASCAR themed cruises are packed. Not by the stereotypical NASCAR fan (which is unfair, of course) but by corporate sponsors and dignitaries wanting to rub elbows with the stars.

Growing up in North Carolina I never had any interest in stock car racing. Imagine that, huh? But after 20 years of being the corporate suit, and then moving to Florida where my immediate employees were really into the sport, it rubbed off on me by simply listening to them tout their favorite drivers/teams/owners/sponsors. I participated in their pools out of generosity. I watched on T.V. to see if my driver won the pool. I grew more and more interested. I suddenly became a fan.

Regards,
Thomas(who once knocked it before trying it. A lesson well learned.)
Old April 23rd, 2005, 01:12 AM
windycity kitty

Don't forget to book Professional Wrestlers aboard! Give some two step dance lessons...
Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:48 AM
Admiral

I hate "Professional Wrestling" I have a question, would you think this is all that funny if you sterotyped Blacks, Jews, Mormons, Females, etc.? The poster that started all of this has violated the TOS many times and his posts have been deleted. That should be a clue folks.
Jim

Old April 23rd, 2005, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Nope. Nope. Nope. The promo would never work. You invite a redneck to board a ship, he'll lthink you mean a UFO. And everybody knows that's what really happened to Elvis, and he's only been seen at donut shops and on velvet paintings "every" since.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Summit

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 It's Margaret's fault!
Old April 23rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Is sterotyping people really the right thing to do?
Jim

Old April 23rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Jim,,,you'd better check your records...I have NEVER been deleted, for anything. No group in history has laughed more at themselves than REDNECKS. We are just a bunch of happy-go-lucky people who enjoy life, and don't mind if others enjoy what we do, and laugh with us. You are entirely too up tight. Get a grip and enjoy yourself. If you want to delete me for this.....well , I'll live through it.
If everybody beleived like you do, then Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy, and lots of others would never make a dime.
Happy sailing,
Ken
Old April 23rd, 2005, 04:50 PM
Admiral

No Ken I am not going to do that as nothing you have posted is against the TOS and that is the ONLY time we delete and sometimes even then we err on the side of others. If you read back on my first post I have said that 'we' have turned this insult around and proudly taken it on as a symbol of a great way of life. We even pick at ourselves over it and are good natured about it. I must admit though that at times I get a bit irritated when others see 'rednecks' as meaning nothing but unintelligent, inbreeding, lowlife, slobs because we are not. For the most part we are well-mannered and educated people. Well except for maybe cousin Lucus. <VBG>
Jim

Old April 23rd, 2005, 06:39 PM
Admiral

O.K. Jim. Now I think we understand each other. I apologize for getting a bit upset at you, but I obviously misunderstood what you were trying to convey. In any case, I'm glad to get that out of the way. I look forward to meeting you on one of the CM cruises, and giving you a pat on the back, and shaking your hand. I too am a former police officer, a Marine, Vietnam vet, a veteran of over 100 cruises, and more importantly, a RedNeck, and I'd be proud to call you "my friend".
Happy cruising,
Ken
Old April 23rd, 2005, 07:41 PM
MagnoliaBlossom

SkyMaster, I'm not right sure the cole slaw thang works for wrastlin'. I'm kinda parital to jello or even better, puddin' myself.

You guys who have your panties in a wad about redneck stereo-typin' just need to simmer down some. There is nothing' quite so righteous as defusin' some jerk's put down as takin' it on as a badge or honor. As several posters have made clear us red-necks are God fearin', flag wavin', good ol' boys and girls who get plum tickled watching them d***ed Yankees think they can put us down by a little name callin'. (I'm assuming ya'll all know the differance in a Yankee and a d***ed Yankee).

So having said all that and assuming that everyone knows that no offense is meant or taken by this - let's continue this here foolishness.

I think the art auction should include velvet paintings with renderings of Elvis (but, of course!), JFK and dogs playing poker. The confederate flag would probably sell well too (don't ya'll go and get all lathered up over that, either)

At the auction ya'll can keep that bubbly wine and serve moon shine, preferably in Mason jars.

We need to have an excursion (maybe outa' Galveston) for fishin' - not that deep sea business , but catfishin. And if ya'll havent eaten southern catfish you don't know what you're missing. I know Yankees eat some other nasty variety of this fish but ours is right nice. Fry it up for supper and serve it with cole slaw, fried dill pickles and hush puppies.

That woman's hairy chest thing might work, but most southern men would take offense at their women folk showin' off their personal parts like that. But you could substitute best woman's tatoo and since cruises are classy places you would of course lose points for any misspelled words.

Someone referred to Glaveston cruises being redneck cruises and ya' know, having done a few of those - you're not too far off, which is why I keep going back.

The gala buffet would need to include southern desert delicacies such as pecan pie (that is pronounced puh-cahn not pea-can [which is what truck drivers have[), banana puddin', pralines, bread puddin'.

Ice sculputers at high falutin' events need to be deer heads and for the truly avante garde, how 'bout a big ol' bass rig with a Johnson 250?

Breakfast would definately need to include grits and not them sissyfied instant things either. Real grits with lotsa butter, salt and pepper. If ya' wanted to truly separate the southerners from the wanna-be's you could throw in calf brains at the omlet station. And let's not forget hog's head cheese.

There would have to be a fiddle in all the bands as well as a harmonica and rub board.

You would see the best looking bunch of boots on formal night you ever laid your eyes on.( There's a great leather shop at Progresso that would probably do a year's worth of business in one day!)

The drinks of the day would need to include the following words in their names: sugar, honey, darlin', and sweety.

Okay, I'm outa gas again. gotta go think of some more stuff.

Ya'll have a good 'un.
MagnoliaBlossom
Old April 24th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

OK, I am married to the truest redneck in the country and this is our first cruise and guess what he can't wait to do...................pee off the side, front, back of the boat!!

Carnival Celebration
Holiday-2005
Old April 24th, 2005, 08:47 AM
First Mate

Thanks Jim for setting things straight 'bout us good 'ole boys

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Cynda H

A themed cruise with Larry the Cable Guy , Jeff Foxworty, Bill Engvall , and Ron White...think that'll ever happen?? Is any cruise line brave enough?
Old April 25th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Admiral

I doubt it,,,,but wouldn't it be great!
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to CruisinDarlene Send a message via Yahoo to CruisinDarlene

OMG...I am a TENNESSEE REDNECK...
Darlene