Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 11:16 PM
CruisinK&J

Default Good Thursday Morning

Good morning from a rainy-sunny-whatever kinda-weather. I really need to have my "new" car washed, and I hope to do it when this weather silliness is over.

Today, I'll call the store where we bought the oven and see if if can be repaired. We had it installed in 1994. Is that so old for an oven? I would think 20 or 30 yrs. is old for an oven.

Anyway, I plan lots of house work and laundry. Gotta clean it all before SIL comes Saturday to take Keith to the local airport and visit the antique airplane restorers, and of course, the antiques themselves!

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Good Thursday Morning

Good Morning Judy, and all CM's to follow. Hope everyone has a good day!

And Judy, hope you have a better day than yesterday!!
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates. Rain rain rain!!! NH's Lakes Region is not the place to be today. Have a great day all.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 28th, 2005, 03:59 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All

It was a beautiful day yesterday; they were able to start burning the rubbish on our land. Its starting to look like a homesite.
Hope ya'll have a wonderful day

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old April 28th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Not much going on today here in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of NY. I got my hummingbird feeder out yesterday, so the little guys have something to eat. Normally I can find last year's nest, but they must have built it on the neighbor's property. Although finding one is like finding a needle in a haystack, but usually I've been able to spot them in the early spring. I'm hoping for a little warmer nights so I can get my hanging flower pots out.

This is the last day that I can enjoy being 49. And I still haven't decided where DW is going to take me for dinner tomorrow for the big 5-0 celebration. I guess we'll play it by ear.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old April 28th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny beautiful SE Florida. The birds are sleeping in a little so it's quiet around here, except for the guy out grooming the golf course.

Went out for Pizza with the neighbors last night and then down to the inlet to watch the boats for a while. It's so nice to be able to do that.

Ed, I like to watch the hummingbirds and Baltimore Orioles this time of year when I'm up in WI. I will miss out on that. Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with Pelicans.

Have a good one all.
Phyll

Old April 28th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Good but sad gloomy morning from Massachusetts. (see my prayer post)

Hope the sun is shining where you are!!

Old April 28th, 2005, 06:51 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Another rainy day. Yesterday I headed down to Boston with my Brother-in-law and niece. We were pretty sure the game would be rained out, but hey, we all had the day off and thought we'd go anyway. We got to Fenway about noon. Went in, found our seats and they were awesome. It was my first time at Fenway and I can't begin to tell you the joy I felt. We went back inside, had a Fenway Frank, checked out the Souviener stores and waited for my nephew, his fiancee and her brother. Hung around a while, and at 2:30 they called the game. We headed home. I wasn't even disappointed. Just to be there was totally worth the trip (4 1/2 hours each way). And the best part is that we get to do it all over again on June 2 for the rain date.

Son got home from Germany last night. Now the house seems to be alive again. Then I talked with the daughter for over an hour on the phone. So all in all it was a great day.

Today I must trudge off to work. It is going to be a busy day for sure! I just can't believe how much rain we have gotten and will be getting again today. There will be some flooding for sure.

Headline: Lovely as a Daffidi (with b/w picture) with a short artical about the over 5000 daffodil bulbs that were planted at a VT welcome Center on Interstate 91. They were planted in 2001 in memory of the Lives lost on September 11th. It goes on to give a phone number to call ahead to plan your viewing of them, to confirm they are still in bloom. Since it is about a 3 hour drive from here and I'm not headed that way I guess I won't see them this year.

Hope you all have a great day.

VTJen
Old April 28th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Just another day in the neighborhood around here. Work, stop at the grocery store, and home to a few chores there. Sigh, where's my Princess Patter, or Carnival Capers, or ......

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old April 28th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Off to the dr. in boston today..oh the traffic!! have a good one kids........

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 28th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Buenos dias! Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday today. Mine will be busy with work, then looking forward to Survivor and the Apprentice tonight.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old April 28th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Yeoman

Happy Thursday everyone.
Judy: It's good to hear you have a plan. I hope your day improves.

Fasteddie: Happy 50th tomorrow. I'm in the process of planning a surprise party for my husband's in June. I'm sure your wife will take you out for a lovely dinner.

Phyll: Enjoy the pelicans. I wish I could see some where I am.

Jen: Your comment about your house being alive because your son is home tugged at my heart. I know exactly how you feel. Mine got married last year and it's so quiet without him. My daughter moved home in Dec. for about a year to catch up some of her student debt. "Empty nest" is not fun!

Mermaid: I haven't been getting my copy of the dailies either. No wonder I never know what to do with myself!

Everyone else, I hope the sun is shining and you all have a great day!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old April 28th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Thursday Morning

Good morning from sunny swfl...I am sick and I am caughing. Jen I have been to Fenway park also when we lived up north. The last few days have been challenging with middle daughter and I pray we will get through the next 12 days of school <off for the summer after that> Today is "Take your kids to work day" and my dh will get the girls soon. We are trying to figure out our cruise..We most likely will cancell.

Have a better day guys..........

Old April 28th, 2005, 08:55 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

Good Morning from Sunny Tampa! These are the last few days of "perfect" weather for the sweltering summer starts hitting. Have a great day everyone!
Chyna

Old April 28th, 2005, 09:00 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............rain for today & the weekend.......suppose to clear up tho.......Mary Lou...Wednesday is suppose to be upper 60's & sun.....I'm trying for ya......<S>
Hope y'all have a great Thursday.

Sharon

Old April 28th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! SNOW on the ground in Calgary this morning ! <UGH>

Temps are to stay cool until Tues! <UGH>

Had to wear a parka for my evening walk last night because of the cold wind. <UGH>

Did someone say it's almost May?

To make the week worse, this is tax week in Canada. <UGH>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:17 AM
DENISE H

good moring its 35 degress and sunny here in mpls i hope you have a good day