Hi There I hope you can help me with my questions. I sent in my application letter and resume recently and i have landed a job interview with Janine Leagh- Estall, Steiner Training Ltd. Interview is on Sun 15th May and I need to let them know if I will be attending on the Mon 9th May.
Since I recieved an interview family curcumstances have come up and will not be able to go this year, but could be on the first ship out next year. I really want to do this but I have to be absolutely ready for their sake and mine.
Do I still go to the interview and tell them the situation?
Will they just kick me off the records if i do this?
Do I E-mail them to say i can't make it and will attend the first interviews next year.
I would go on the interview if for no other reason than the experience, so you will really be prepared if you need another one next year. Plus it would show them how important this is to you. Unless of course the family situation is one they would feel is trival and cause them the think you may not be as dedicated as they feel thier employees should be.
VIKING SERENADE 1993
STAR PRINCESS 2002
NCL STAR 2004
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
Since you stated that you cannot work right away due to family circumstances, i would call -not e-mail and then re-apply next year. They won't hold a slot open for you for next year, there are too many applicants who can take your place now.
Look at it from their point of view - if you go to the interview, get accepted into the training program and then tell them, oh by the way i can't start working until next year, that won't sit very well with them.