Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Simple Coincidence

I realized today that my two best friends (from work) and I are all going to be on a cruise at the same time on at least one full day in September - all on Carnival. I am going to be on the Spirit from Sept 21-Oct 3 and Melda will be on a 4 day cruise and Gladymir on a 5 day cruise during that same time period....theirs overlap by a two days during the length of my cruise....great minds think alike....

There is another co-worker sailing over July 4th weekend on CCL where he is going to propose to his girlfriend. Each of us would rather cruise than spend a week at one of our resorts. Keep in mind, as employees, we can get a 2 bedroom condo in the Caribbean for about $600 total for the week during peak season. Cruising is the only way to go!

Jodi

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:08 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Simple Coincidence

Wow, great minds do think alike! It is too weird how life makes these unexpected coincidences collide! We booked a week on the Glory 9/10 and I later mention it to one of my friends, who in return says that she is cruising the same day on a 5 night on the Inspiration! It was a complete shock to hear she had booked the same week. But we are not visiting any of the same islands!

By the way, what resort do you guys work for? Because those aren't bad rates for a week? Though, I agree, cruising is so much better!!!!

Have fun on your trip!!!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Re: Simple Coincidence

I work for Cendant Timeshare Resort Group - which owns Fairfield Resorts, Inc., Trendwest and WorldMark.

I work in the Financial Reporting group at the corporate headquarters - not at one of the resorts. But keep in mind that we can only book the vacations 45 days out and during peak season, it is next to impossible to get anything.

J