Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday morning!

Good Saturday morning. Since I am the first, I hope that means you all were able to sleep in today. Unfortunately, I'm here at work trying to get myself in a good place before leaving for vacation. There is nothing worse than coming back to added confusion after a cruise.
It is raining like crazy here this morning. Sure would have been nice to pull the covers up and stay in bed. I plan to work 4 or 4-1/2 hours this morning, then off to meet my girls for lunch, then a pedicure. Then home to start packing! Have a great day and weekend.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2005, 05:56 AM
VTJen

Default Re: Good Saturday morning!

Good Morning,

Gotta head to the Church Clean Up Day in just a few minutes. Drinking my coffee first.

Not much new here. Watched a disappointing Red Sox game last night. Hope they do better tonight. Got the Mother's Day Menu pretty much decided, all but the dessert. It makes it hard because the day before is my sons All State music concert, a three hour ride from home, so it will take pretty much all day so I won't be able to do much prep work. Everything will have to be done on Friday, late Sat night or early Sun. morning. That makes it a bit scarier.

I hope you all have a great day. No rain this morning, but it will return later today.

VTJen
Old April 30th, 2005, 07:06 AM
CruisinK&J

Good morning, Mary Lou and Jen, from Southern California where it's still cold and dark. No rain today.

Keith plans to spend the day with his son. They'll go to the small regional airport I've talked about before to visit with the old gentlemen, talk airplanes, and have lunch.

I will get a haircut, have lunch and probably do some shopping in Orange County. I promised myself a pleasant day, but I am feeling very discouraged again. Maybe some diversions will help.

ML, don't work so hard! Your description of the rainy weather prompts me to go back to bed.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old April 30th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning Marylou, Jen, Judy and all Cruisemates who follow. It is a pull the covers up over your head morning here also. Dreary, chilly and raining. I have to agree with Judy Marylou, you work too hard but I do remember those days when I was working and they weren't fun.

Jen I'm sure the concert will be worth the drive. Enjoy and be proud.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old April 30th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Yeoman

Happy Saturday everyone. I would like to pull the covers over my head too. It's pouring rain & chilly here.

ML: Enjoy lunch & your pedicure. If you need help packing just let me know, (I might fit in your suitcase).

Jen: I hope everyone appreciates all the hard work you do for the church. And I hope your son's concert is a huge success.

Judy: I hope Keith has a wonderful time, and you have a great day & keep your chin up. Be kind to yourself and hang in there.

My plan for today is to watch Canada's first game in the World hockey tournament. Since the NHL has been on strike all season we're really looking forward to seeing some hockey!

Everyone have a great day,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old April 30th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Betty is just getting out of the shower. When she is out of the bathroom (1 hour or so) we will go to my daughters and help get our granddaughter's birthday party set up. She is three today. Grandpa and Grandma have got her many educational toys. (Really) Grandpa did go underground and get her an electric truck. (Big One) Uncle will bring that later. Grandma doesn't know about that one. <VBG> I'm glad she doesn't drive or look in the Suburban. (It has been endorsed by her father)

Mary Lou: I hope you get things in order for your vacation. Just think in just a couple of days you will be looking at the wake of the ship and all that work will be behind you.

Judy: Happy diverting. I think you should go with one of those spike hair styles. <VBG>

Tweets: I think "Da Coot" should just bring you breakfast in bed. Betty does that for me all the time. She walks by the bedroom and throws an apple at me. :-)

To everyone I hope you have a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 30th, 2005, 08:39 AM
libbynan

MaryLou, I am soooo jealous....... got room for me in your luggage? Haven't posted much this week as we have spent the week moving my mom into a new place.....very tiring. She had nearly 25 year's worth of "stuff". I don't know how long it's going to take to unpack everything now that it's moved. I NEED a week on a cruise ship!

Beautiful and sunny here today, but very cool for western AR for this time of year. They say it may get down in the upper 30s(F) tonight, but I'm not worried as "they" are never right.

Got to go shower and then back to Mom's..... I could easily go back to bed and to sleep. Everyone have a great weekend!
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Cool remains our operative word in Calgary, with high temps still in the 30s.. the pits for late Apr... and it means no golf today

Week 2 of my Atkins diet is done, and 15 lbs have gone missing. Hope someone else finds them instead of me.

Nothing on tap today at all except for a long walk and frisbee toss with Sammy. I really need to try and remember to take a camera along and get some pics of his athleticiscm, when he's mid air catching these things.

These border collies are SO smart. I say Frisbee and he's jumping up in the air by the front door. Thankfully he hasn't yet figured out how to throw them for me to chase.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:31 AM
DENISE H

good moring marylou its cool and cloudy here in mpls don work to hard today
and i bbhope your day is good
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:35 AM
DENISE H

good moring marylou its cool and cloudy here in mpls don work to hard today
and i hope your day is good
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Haven't been able to post a reply for the last two days. Soimething wrong with the software. I'm just checking if this one will go through.

Bill
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning 'Mates,

We'd love to get some of that rain so many of you are experiencing. The rainy season here in Central Florida doesn't begin until June, and right now we're sitting on a tinder box. But the forecast is for some rain tomorrow (finally), though it probably won't be enough to reduce our risk of wildfires. Hurry up, June!

Mike, I hope that Betty isn't aware that you're revealing her bathroom secrets. If she finds out, the next apple might be aimed at your head! lol

Libbynan, good work in helping your mom with her move. It's always a grueling experience, especially after a person has lived in the same place for a long time. What to keep and what to toss?!

Kuki, congrats on sticking with the diet. I did the Atkins a couple of years ago, and lost about 30 lbs. However, I've been rather careless lately and about 8 of them have now returned. Gotta get back to basics, I guess.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Jack

Post Edited (04-30-05 09:43)
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Morning... er, afternoon.

I'm actually at a good place at work right now so I'm at home. When I get back from the cruise, though, I'll have a pile of things waiting for me. I'll probably even have to go in on the Monday we return... never done that before.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Cheers,
Michelle P.