Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Home from the Diamond!!!

And I am glad to be here!!!

Just an update to the mechanical problems we had......they were fixed after our day in Mazatlan. We made it back to LA in plenty of time and the ship was going 20.9 knots (almost full speed for the ship) on our way back from Cabo.

Just read the post the Mgram made for me..........Sharon, the ship is working just fine and is on her way to Vancouver. Judy - the air went out a couple of times on us too - first time was about 2 hours out of LA on the first night, last time was last night as I was getting ready for dinner. Neither time lasted long at all - maybe 10 minutes max. Harry - I did have spa appointments planned for the day we were in Puerto Vallarta - cheaper on port days! I have been there before and agree the PV is absolutely beautiful and has so much to see and do, but I really was just on this cruise to relax as much as possible.

This trip seemed to be cursed mechanically wise for me - my return flight (my non-stop return flight!) home from LA was cancelled due to mechanical difficulties - it never even left Milwaukee. Glad I was early off the ship and was able to be transferred to a flight with a connection through Denver on Frontier that got me home at about the same time I would have made it home on my non-stop.

Now, to unpack and get my review and photos organized......I have some thoughts on the direction Princess is going and not all of them are positive.

Later!

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Home from the Diamond!!!

Lisa I am curious how the coffee was? And how about the food? Glad you had a few good days to relax, sorry about all the other problems.

Old April 30th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall

Sue - I am not a coffee drinker so I can't help you there. I thought the food was very good - one of my tablemates raved about the seafood (she had it every night) and the pasta dishes were very good to. Rolls and breads were great and the chilled soups were wonderful. Desserts were ok.

Old April 30th, 2005, 09:02 PM
SarahJ

I have consistently had very good food on Princess. So much so, I can't go back to Royal Caribbean whose food seems to be going down the hill each time I sail them.

I am concerned about the big ships Princess has on order. I have no desire to sail them.

Looking forward to your pictures.
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Welcome home Lisa, very interested on what your thoughts are about the direction Princess is going. Will look forward to your reveiw.

Jeanne
Old April 30th, 2005, 10:26 PM
L&S80

Welcome home Lisa.................glad you had a good time.......I'm sure the Diamond will be in fine order when we get on her on the 14th.........just had to say something about breaking her.......<EG>
Will be waiting for your review & pics......

Sharon

Old April 30th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Admiral

Sharon - I laughed out loud when I read your response to Mgram's post; I almost wanted to say, "Yes I did break her and I'm sorry!" but nothing that happened was my fault - really!!!

If you have the same Assistant CD's we did you are in for a blast; they are all really nice, but Paula, Sly, Jason, Paul and Shelby are especially great! If you have a chance to see Princess Idol - DO IT!!! I got to be a judge one night and it was fun; I really felt like Simon that night! lol

Post Edited (04-30-05 22:31)
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:01 PM
CruisinK&J

Lisa, glad to see that you are home safe and sound. I thought about you all week. I don't know if you saw my comments on Mgram's post but we experienced a few problems, too, although very minor.

Our overall view, still, is that the Diamond is too big. Don't know when we'll sail again, but it won't be on such a large ship unless Keith learns to be a sprinter!

Anyway, I'm sure you had a good cruise, and that's the important thing.

Judy
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Admiral

Do you think the Diamond Princess will make in down to NZ next cira Nov/Dec 2005 with those engine problems?

Looking forward to those piccies, Lisa.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old May 1st, 2005, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Welcome home, Lisa..........can't wait to hear more about it........and see the PHOTOS! I cannot believe that you were READY to get off of a ship!!! Not the Lisa I KNOW!!! Oh....that wasn't in this post.....but an email.....in this you were just glad your flights resolved.....too early for me.

Sue.......not to be too negative here, but on every Princess ship I have ever been on, the coffee is NOT good......except in the dining room. I am told they brew that, and it's not too bad. In Horizon Court it's make from the coffee syrup. Oh.......and it's fresh brewed in La Patisserie (sp?...it's early in the morning......have only had 1/2 cup of GOOD Costa Rican coffee this morning........YEAH for Cafe Britt!) Yep.....you caught me.....I'm a coffee snob!

Old May 1st, 2005, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Home from the Diamond!!!

MGram I sailed on the Caribbean Princess last year and the coffee was bad everywhere except at sail away.We ordered a large pot to enjoy on the balcony and it was great.

Lisa I always enjoyed the desserts but this might be because I am German and they are like european pastries. Did you enjoy the Love Boat? My all time favorite!

Old May 1st, 2005, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Welcome home Lisa!

Will be interesting to read your thoughts on the Diamond, and hear about how you feel Princess has changed.

We were on the ship last August... and though I've never been a huge Princess fan, she was actually my favorite Princess cruise.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 1st, 2005, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Welcome home Lisa. Glad you were able to work out the glitch with the flight home and make it back in good time. It's great hearing about your adventures on the cruise. I'm looking forward to reading more and maybe even seeing some pictures.

Phyll

Old May 1st, 2005, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Welcome back Lisa, anxiously awaiting your thoughts on the cruise and the pictures you are going to share.

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 1st, 2005, 10:46 PM
Admiral

sue - the Love Boat Dream is my favorite Princess dessert, but trust me, it differs from ship to ship! The shape is the same, but the crust and the chocolate used differ from chef to chef. I have never had it the same two times except on my first two Princess cruises where it was offered every night instead of just one night of the cruise.

Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:58 AM
Admiral

Welcome back Lisa. I would of loved to watch you judge the Princess Idol competition! So how was it to be in the "hot seat"?

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:17 AM
Admiral

Welcpme home Lisa. Glad everything worked out with the ship. Can't wait for the pics.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Welcome back Lisa!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:26 PM
L&S80

Lisa......they only serve the Love Boat one night?!?!?!?!?!?! No fiar.....that's the best part of going on Princess............I'll have to make sure I have2 of them that night I guess........<E>
Can't wait to get on the Diamond................

Sharon

Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:35 PM
Admiral

That's true Sharon!