Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:13 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Monday Morning

Good morning gang! Well, it is back to work and reality for me today.....I really am not appreciating this very much! lol

Still cloudy and cool here in SE Wisconsin - we had periods of hail on Sunday afternoon - wish I was back in Mazatlan - it was 80, partly cloudy and not very humid at all!

Have a great day everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Monday Morning

Monday here already also... had plans to go out of town for the day... but weather is predicting possible hail & or snow storm around these parts... ughhh, thats our Texas weather for ya.

Hope everyone has a nice week

Steph
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates. Looks like another rainy day for NH's Lakes Region. Back to work this morning. Havea great day CruiseMates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:49 AM
Admiral

Hello: Lisa, Steph, & Laura and all CruiseMates to come on board.

Beautiful sunny day on the coast.

Steph, It's difficult to beleive, that way down south in Texas, they're predicting snow and or hail while way up north in Canada we are having great weather.

Local headline news: ``Teachers reject latest contract offer``. It goes on to say: ``Teachers say work-to-rule campaign will continue``. The ones mostly affected by this are the graduating students. They cannot plan their graduation with any degree of certainty.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lisa, Steph, Laura, Bill and all the CM's to follow: Lisa, you are back to reality and this is my last day of realty....see how it all balances out? . I'm hoping to only be at work until noon today. I spent all day yesterday cleaning and packing. You would all be so proud of me.....we are only taking one garment bag, the "medium" size suitcase and one carry on. We usually take 4 suitcases plus our carry-on's. I know this is only a 3-day cruise, but we will be away for 6 days. The weather does not look promising for the Pacific Northwest this week....but it doesn't matter...I'll still be cruising. You all have a great week......I'll miss you!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:07 AM
Admiral

MaryLou, I'm impressed with the packing. Bon Voyage to you, and good morning to the other cruisemates. Monday-what can you say? I need more coffee....Oh, and a cruise!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:59 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Thanks everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes. DW really got got me with a surprise party Fri. night. After going out to dinner, we came back home, and there was a house full of people. (With our small house, that only takes about four adults. <G>)
We had lots of laughs (complements of my sister and SIL, who had a food fight with cake frosting) with me as the brunt of most of the jokes.

Saturday was spent cleaning up the mess, after having lunch with BIL & his wife, MIL and DW. Since it rained most of the day, it was a good day to relax.

After church Sunday, it was a quiet afternoon at home watching a movie. At choir rehersal, it was decided that it would be the last rehersal for the year until Sept. We practiced some old favorites that we will be singing for the next month, and since we sounded so good, the director decided that we could just warm up with each week's piece before Mass.

Now it's back to work again. I wonder what this week will bring?

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:16 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Monday Morning CMs, and the beat goes on.....

Jeanne
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:18 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

======================

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you. Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:51 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
It's back to work for me too after a short ,but enjoyable, weekend in Ft. Lauderdale. I got to pretend I was on vacation for a couple of days and saw my Oct. cruise ship in port. Who could ask for anything more?!
My boss is out of town for 10 days so my former boss, who is still on the payroll as a "consultant" will be covering for her, from what I've been told.That just means business as usual because he was my boss for 6 years and I know what he wants.
Carol, my new boss, is on tour. She's an entertainer and is honoring the commitments she she still had before accepting the position.She does an excellent Patsy Cline. Her porgram is called "The Soft Sounds of Carol Kline"-gospel, country, etc. She's heading up to PA and will finish in Monasses, VA.
It's cloudy here in Avon Park,FL.Temp is about 68,with a high of about 80+. We have a front that just went by and will be back by mid-week. Ugh. Better than snow and hail, though!
Eddie, our choir will continue through the summer, but we'll have some Sundays off for special music-solos, etc.After of a high of 45 or so, we'll be a merry band of about 15!

Bye. Lynne

Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:53 AM
VTJen

Good Morning Everyone.

The sun is shining, but showers and hail are predicted for later in the day. With more showers predicted thru Wednesday - is is so wet and soggy here, tho really greening up.

Will be off ot work in a little bit. Nothing too exciting on the agenda, that's for sure.

Too early for the paper so no headline.

ML - hope you have a fantastic cruise!
FE - glad you had a great B'day and relaxing weekend

Wishing you all a great day,

VTJen
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. I'm back to my regular schedule with Mondays off. Daughter is home on a short break between spring semester and summer school so we'll go shopping for dresses to wear to my brothers wedding in June.
Our party Saturday night was fun....finally broke up around midnight. I took all the leftover desserts to my office this morning....the calories are better off on someone elses hips!
Angela Z.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where I am in weather-shock this morning! It's only 5C (41F), when I'm used to lovely, sunny 80's in the Caribbean..... no shorts and sandals for work today!
Well, it's nice to be back here on CruiseMates, even if it's not nice to be back and have to go to work. I spent last night catching up on the board; seems like I missed a few birthdays, a birth, a sailing or two....congratulations all!
I can't wait to get started on my cruise story, but I still do photos the "old fashioned" way, through the drugstore, so you'll have to wait until at least Tuesday or Wednesday till I get my pictures back!
I have some interesting stories to tell, and some best-kept secrets to reveal, for those of you thinking of travelling on the Valor or the Liberty in the future.
Have a good day Mates!

donna

Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Monday Morning

Good morning from swfl...Carol I sure like that comic! Not much to report from this end of the world. I did cancel our daughters cruise today. Still waiting to hear from my MIL if she can come here to watch the kids in September. If she can't we have to cancel our cruise also. The thought of just my dh and I going sounds very nice Never done this before.

Donna and Lisa I can't wait to hear and read your cruise stories.
Have a wonderful day mates...

Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning gang!!!! Went to NY to celebrate our 4th anniversary and saw Wicked. We also took the harbor cruise out of the South Street Seaport (does that count????).The show was excellent. Saturday we visited Jersey Gardens outlet mall where she shopped until I dropped. At least I got a new pair of docksiders out of the deal. Sunday we raided the local garden center so now our yard is beginning to look like spring has finally arrived.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

Well, we cancelled our Tulum tour... I think we'd rather do something a bit more relaxing since that takes up all the time in port. We'd like time to shop and eat while we're there. At least we have a few days to do some research.

I started packing this weekend too! Woohoo, three days to go!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids..
I am on a mission today to get to this place where they sell vintage beads. I know I will have to refrain myself from spending a zillion dollars Nice and sunny here today, and, I am off like a prom dress.....Have a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunny, but still cool, in Calgary. Waiting for the weather to break tomorrow.... we hope!

Off to work this morning. Alot on my work plate this week, and hope I can get it all resolved.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:54 AM
Yeoman

Happy Monday everyone. It's 40F here & raining AGAIN! I hope spring gets here soon. Have a great day all!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:43 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........weather has been good here......a bit of rain last night but suppose to be nice for most of the week.......I'm hoping it keeps it up for you Mary Lou......I've been putting in good words for ya............<EG>
Y'all have a great Monday.............

Sharon

Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Warm and humid here in SE Florida this morning. I finally had to give in, shut the house up and turn on the AC. I'm thanful for that AC even if I hate to have the house closed up.

Got Jake to the airport at 5AM this morning, and now it's just spend time with my brother while he is up this way for the day.

Have a good one all.

Phyll

Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:45 AM
CruisinK&J

Good morning from Southern California. Really nice weather here.

Keith and I attended Champions on Ice Sunday afternoon. Lots of big names. For those of you who enjoy skating, we saw Michelle Qwan, Irina Slutskaya, Timothy Goebel, Elvis Stoyoko, a couple of pairs and ice dancers with unpronounceable names, etc. Afterward, we had dinner at a favorite seafood restaurant.

Off to the gym thnis morning for Keith and then a busy afternoon.

Have a good Monday, CM's.

Judy
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:04 AM
DENISE H

good moring cruisemates its cold and cloudy here in mpls still searching for a job how much hope you all have a good day
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning from slightly cloudy Vancouver. We certainly had a really nice stretch of weather for a while-lots of high temp.records broken for this time of year.
Working M,T,F this week. Have my eldest daughter's party of Sat. afternoon. It is going to be one busy week getting ready for the party. Also on Thurs. evening I am taking a Mexican Cooking class. BUSY week!!
Trip-happy bead shopping.
ML-weather looks mixed this week up here.
Michelle-your cruise is almost here!! :-)
Everyone have a good day. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda in Vancouver
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning one and all
Got up early this morning-- but still dont know where all the time goes-----its almost 10:00 and I'm just now responding to this----
Wishing everyone well--- thoughts and prayers going out to all----
Happy to report that I do have a couple of cruised booked----- the family one-- and I'll blame the other on Mermaid---way to go Ingrid--- now thats the one I'm really looking forward too
Cheers all --have a great day
April