CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   I got a raise ... cruise fund! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/272786-i-got-raise-cruise-fund.html)

phillygirl May 4th, 2005 04:42 PM

I got a raise ... cruise fund!

I got a raise at work today so I came home and started a new transfer into my ingdirect account for $12 per week which is the amount of my raise. Granted its not much because I only work part time but over the course of a year, it will pay for the tips and gratuities on our annual cruise . I wont miss the money because I did not have it before but every little bit helps!

nolou525 May 4th, 2005 05:10 PM

Re: I got a raise ... cruise fund!

Congratulations and good thinking. My raise goes into effect on May 21st. Maybe I'll start a "cruise fund".

Now a question--what is ingdirect???

MichelleP May 4th, 2005 05:48 PM

Congratulations! Now start thinking about what you'll book next!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

HappyCruiser383 May 4th, 2005 06:13 PM

Great job PhillyGirl!!! I need to get 4 more jobs to support my cruising needs! Maybe my DH wouldn't mind getting a few extra jobs?

phillygirl May 4th, 2005 07:13 PM

Re: Re: I got a raise ... cruise fund!

Have you ever seen the commercial with the dancing money ... and the phrase "put your money to work for you" well thats them.

ingdirect is an online savings account that earns 3% interest. I got an offer in the mail to open an account and I got a $25 bonus. If you are interesed I can send you an email with the same offer.

I already have next years cruise planned. If all goes well, we want to take the Granduer of the Seas out of Baltimore summer 2006 to the Caribbean.

nolou525 May 4th, 2005 08:41 PM

Sure, I would appreciate you sending me the e-mail offer. nolou525@rcn.com

thanks.

Cruising2 May 4th, 2005 10:00 PM

Congrats PhillyGirl!!!.......In a year's time, you may be able to pay for a cruise!

Cruznut2 May 5th, 2005 04:40 AM

Congratulations on the raise!!!

Laura

VTJen May 5th, 2005 06:49 AM

Congratulations on the raise. I think you made a good decision.

Happy Sailing,

VTJen

Jason May 5th, 2005 08:31 AM

PhillyGirl,
Although I am very happy to hear of your newfound fortune, I must bring up the fact that you have not paid your CruiseMates annual fee. Please send payment immediately, payable to Jason.

Someday, Iíll find that person, in which P.T. Barnum had talked about. (Although it has been said that Barnum did not say it, but a competitor had) ďA sucker is born every minuteĒ.
Congrats on the raise!

Post Edited (05-05-05 08:49)

Thomas May 5th, 2005 09:47 AM

Congratulations on the raise. I got mine this week too, unfortunately I won't be able to enjoy it much since I'm retiring on Tuesday. I didn't have the heart to tell my boss I was leaving and thanks for the raise by the way.

Regards,
Thomas

phillygirl May 5th, 2005 09:52 AM

Re: Re: I got a raise ... cruise fund!

Jason, the checks in the mail.

Post Edited (05-05-05 08:55)

Jason May 5th, 2005 10:43 AM

<BG>