Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning!

It's 1 a.m. here in Montreal, and I can't sleep, so I thought I'd wish you all a happy Friday.
The smell of smoke in my house is driving me mad. Has anyone got any suggestions to get rid of the acrid after-fire smell?
James had his cataract surgery earlier today, and has been suffering some discomfort and irritation all evening, in addition to the cold that just won't go away. Poor guy, I wish I could stay home tomorrow and look after him, but I have to go to work. Before work though, I also have to take him back to see the surgeon for a post-surgery check. Hopefully another day's rest and he will be ready for the weekend - we've got lots to do!

donna

Old May 6th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Good Friday Morning!

Good morning CM's!!

Donna - tell James to continute the eye drops but to tell the surgeon tomorrow if he is still having discomfort and or irritation. How about some Febreeze to remove the smoke odor? I have an older home (actually my Dad does) and we have a vent fan - I just open that up and turn it on and open a window on the other side of the room to create a current and get rid of smoke and odors in a jiffy. After almost 60 years this fan STILL works!

Back to work for me today - not off til next Tuesday - I hate working weekends! Good news is that the weather is finally moderating here and we will be near or above normal for the next week with chances of rain (which we desperately need) if the weather guys are correct.

Have a great day everyone!

Old May 6th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Admiral

TGIF everybody!
Its 24 minutes into my weekend so far. .
Yes I known Angela Z!.
It will end sooner, but I am in the "ZONE" right now WOO HOO. .

Donna,
Try cleaning the ceiling where most of the smoke probably ended up and all smoke absorbing materials in the area, curtins etc?
Lots more ventilation may help to?

Fine but cool here today.
Cracked lots of jokes at work today.

Everyone have a great "enday" <n-day> (Friday).

Woo Hoo just made up another word for the "cruisemates dictionary"?

Post Edited (05-06-05 01:31)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old May 6th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Admiral

Morning all, it's 2:30 a.m. here and I can't sleep either. Got up to snack on something and only found Oreos to my liking. A fistful of them and I came onto the boards.

Glad the weekend is here. Hope everyone has a good weekend and the weather and seas are nice to all those cruising.

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 6th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Admiral

1:45 am here & Im in here playing with the machine !! Trying to make bookmarkers for the women-folk <g> for Mothers Day... u know the expression, if one gets something they all want it ! Well, 2 Christmas's ago I ended up making 38 fleece blankets cause the demand kept growing. Hopefully, there will be a max of 10 on bookmarks counting both hubbys grand mothers...

Hope everyone has a great weekend ! We will be celebrating our sons 15th birthday on Saturday !!! With the whole clan @ my house, something Im not overly thrilled about - but its what he wanted ! (UGHHHH)

So, if I dont see u, ya know why !!

Take Care & hold the fort down !

Steph
Old May 6th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Everyone is up bright and early this morning.It is 3:45 here.I was just checking the mail and it will be mostly cloudy today. The weekend is here and according to the weatherman we are in for another rainy one. Have a great day all.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 6th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I feel like a slacker for sleeping in until 5 this am compared with the rest of our mates!
Glad to hear you're enjoying your weekend Liam!
Today should finally be a dry one.....enough of this rain stuff!
Angela Z.
Old May 6th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

What's the matter with you people!!! Don't you ever go to bed??? <G> I'm glad it's Friday too, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

DW got some bad news from the doctor yesterday. She's been having problems with carpal tunnel in both hands, so she had some tests done at the hospital. (Good thing she works there, no driving back and forth.) Well, it seems that she will have to have surgery on both wrists. Recovery time for the left will only be two weeks (non-dominant hand), but the right will be four weeks. Now she's got to look at her work schedule, and the surgeon's schedule and figure out when she will get it done.

For me, tomorrrow will be an early morning. It's up at 3:30am to go turkey hunting. I keep on questioning my sanity every turkey season, but when a gobble goes blasting through the woods, I change my mind real quick. At least we can only hunt 'till noon, I can get a little nap before the Kentucky Derby.

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 6th, 2005, 05:58 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Got a good jump on the Mother's Day Extravaganza decorations, prizes and gifts yesterday. Today I must buy the food, finish cleaning and start some of the food prep.

Yesterday was my 42 B'day. All in all it was a good day. My husband bought me a beautiful 4 foot wrought iron (brown tones) filled with plants and flowers that we will place between the two garden windows. It is very extravagant. He also gave me my M'Day present early - a flowering plant , so I could use it in the decoratating scheme for Sunday.

I will be busy the rest of the day. I can't find my linen table clothes so I must now go on a Search and Destroy Mission - it is frustrating living in a small town, there is no place within an 75 minute drive to even go buy a real table cloth.

Hope you all have a great weekend

VTJen
Old May 6th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Admiral

A good Friday morning to all you sleepless people.

Un-believeable local newspaper headline news: ''Satisfaction at last ! Stones will play Moncton....City says September show can be 'largest concert event ever in Atlantic Canada'. It goes on to say: ''It's true--- the World's Greatest Rock'n Roll Band will land in Moncton in early September'.

They expect a crowd of over 60000 at an outdoor concert.

Other headline news '' Canada beat USA, 3 -1, at the IIHF world hockey in Innsbruck, Austria``

Five days in a row for beautiful sunny days on the coast.

And today is Friday. Life is great!!!!

Have a good weekend,

Bill

Hey Steph: Happy birthday to your son. Doesn't sound bad to me having the clan over.
He could ask for something a lot worse, trust me
Old May 6th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
Hate to say it, but I went to bed with the 11PM News last night and arose this AM at 6:49AM with the thought of a close-by garbage truck. This morning got it out there on time but didn't have a lot to spare as it turned out. I did get up once during the night but if I'd come in here I would have frozen my buns-temp turned down at night-and I'd have someone wondering why I wasn't sleeping.

I received a nice Mother's Day Card from my step-daughter yesterday with a new picture of our granddaughter who's 12 (going on 21!).Gorgeous! Also, a wallet of little 4 year old Caleb and his pal. Our lives are way to busy to visit each other-and it's only 45 minutes away. We're all growing older!

It's been a relatively quiet week at work with my former boss there. It's more relaxed and easy-going.My new boss, Carol, will be back from "vacation" on Wednesday and then the "quick-step" will begin again. I 'm enjoying the break.

Right now it's about 65 and overcast here in Avon Park,FL and looks as if we will get the 20% chance of showers before the sun is predicted to come out around noon and dry us out for the rest of the week. High will be around 80. By the end of next week we'll be into the high 80's.

Bye for now. Oh, Big John, welcome back!! Lynne

Old May 6th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Had a great Mexican Fiesta with my dayare kids yesterday to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. They especially liked the pinata. Boy did their eyes light up when all that cand y and treats fell on the floor.

Donna--love the pictures and the posts about your cruise.

My DH, dad and my son are driving back from Tampa today. My DH and dad flew down yesterday to take my son's car back for the summer. Can't believe he fininshed his second year of college already. They should be home for Mother's Day. My daughter is finished her first year of college at the same school but she's flying to visit her boyfriend at the Rochester Institute of Tech. in New York first.

Wising everone a safe and great weekend. Hope the sun is shining where you are. :o)

Old May 6th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Donna, you might consider calling in a fire restoration company and have them do their air filtering thing to your home. We had a small house fire once in a bathroom that ended up blowing smoke, ashes, and soot to all 4 corners of the house. The process the fire rest. people did, took care of the smoke smell in the air.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old May 6th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

TGIF!! Good Morning and Happy Birthday VT Jen, your DH deserves a huge hug and kiss for separating your birthday from Mother's DAy. Until Ellis and I married my birthday and Christmas was massed together even though its a few days before Christmas. Lovely walking weather this morning, we had a slgihtly cool front come thru yesterday with the rain and now its just wonderful out. I am making a blakc Forest Cake today, having company tomorrow. Now if I can only hide it from DH until the company comes. <<<<BG>>>> Wishing all the Mother's a very Happy Mother's Day. God bless.

Jeanne
Old May 6th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Raleigh NC where even the rain and the clouds can't detract from the beautiful scenery. It's just gorgeous here! Jake is off to his interview, and I am here at the Marriott getting his laundry done, and just enjoying a nice cup of coffee and some time on the computer.. Hopefully this afternoon we'll get to ride around and see a little more of the area. Even if he decides not to take this job, it's fun seeing new places.

Happy belated birthday Jen. I even had you on my calendar, but with my flights yesterday, I didn't get to post you a Happy Birthday. Glad it was a good one.

Phyll

Old May 6th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

A warm May day is on tap for east central Minnesota. The mosquitoes will be hatching in full force. My son and I will be going downtown to take care of some legal stuff and then I will be helping my daughter with some more legal stuff. I guess I should hang out a shingle. :-)

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 6th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Friday Morning!

Good morning from rainy swfl..Jeanne I like to have a slice of that great bavarian cake too! Whne can I stop by?

Last night at 10pm our daughter called all excited, Aiden took his first step! It was nice to experience her excitement and it brought back memories from the time when they took a first step. For the new baby if its a boy she likes the name Caleb but I have a hard time pronouncing it <must be the german in me> My poor dh is sick but had to go to work anyway. One of the projects is in the last stages and he can't take time off. I was hpoing he could take off monday ..oh well we will see.

I have a lot to do today but I am tired. I was up last night for a few hours caughing and my dh and dog had a snoring contest! I finally kicked my dh out of bed

Talked to my dad this morning just so he can tell me how disappointed he was that I am not coming to see him.

Have a good day mates!

Old May 6th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Weather in Calgary is still trying to make up it's mind... not sure if it's fall or spring. Looks like Mother's Day weekend is going to struggle to stay in the 50s F.

Did get in a golf game yesterday afternoon, and then a long evening walk with Sammy... so fulfilled my excercise regimen for the day.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 6th, 2005, 10:18 AM
CruisinK&J

Good morning from Southern California. I was aawake last night, too. We had rain with lots and lots of sound affects! They came in spurts. I'd be just going back to sleep and then loud crashes of thunder would occur with accompanying rain. Right now, you'd never know anything happened.

Off to the gym for us. I get a manicure this afternoon.

RD, I'd take Mermaid's suggestion and get one of those fire restoration companies to come to your house. They handle all kinds of odors and are very effective at getting rid of them.

Have a good Friday, all.

Judy
Old May 6th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon. Been busy this morning cleaning up the vehicles for the benefit this weekend. 5 coats of wax on my car and so far there are three on the Nova. Still need to vacuum it and then buff the wheels (rims). Then I can relax.......yeah sure.

:o)

Old May 6th, 2005, 01:20 PM
DENISE H

good moring cruisemates it 65 degress and sunney here in mpls hope you all have a good weekend