CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Great deal on cruise insurance (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/272823-great-deal-cruise-insurance.html)

Cruznut2 May 6th, 2005 03:43 PM

Great deal on cruise insurance

I got out my invoice for the Glory B Cruise today to make the final payment . I decided to call Access America about purchasing the policy. I called and asked for a quote. I was stunned at the price of this policy. For both of us it came to a total of $116. I think the last time I purchased insurance through Carnival it was nearly that much per person. Great deal, I sure am pleased.

Laura

sue May 6th, 2005 04:05 PM

Re: Great deal on cruise insurance

Final payment ? I will do mine beginning of next month....Laura do you have a cabin yet?

Cruznut2 May 6th, 2005 04:16 PM

Hi Sue, no cabin yet but I just want to get this payment out of the way. It will make it seem closer. As the song says " I'm so excited"

Laura

sue May 6th, 2005 06:50 PM

Re: Re: Great deal on cruise insurance

LOL I know what you mean! This will be the first time my dh and I will be alone for 1 week in 22 years! Maybe we just hang out in the cabin who knows. Did you make any plans on booking shore trips? I have done some research but have not booked any yet.

Kuki May 6th, 2005 10:34 PM

Cruise line insurance is almost always the most expensive, and the least comprehensive.

Always recommend you shop for insurance wtih 3rd party insurers.

Cruznut2 May 7th, 2005 12:01 AM

Hi Sue,
We have not booked anything for excursions as yet. Given Patty's age, and mental disabilities I have been thinking days at the beach might be good for her. I do know that in Key West I want to go to Margaritaville for a "Cheeseburger in Paradise". I know the chances of seeing Jimmy Buffett are next to nothing. I will at least have been to one of his restaurants. Maybe we will take the trolley and see the town that way. She is afraid of swimming in deep water even with a life jacket. She does like to play around shoreline at the beach. I really wanted to consider cave tubing but I hate to spend the money to have her refuse. I plan to spend some time soon on the Carnival website checking out the possibilities.

Laura

Mike M May 7th, 2005 04:04 PM

Third party insurance is almost always less expensive and better coverage than cruise line insurance. When cruise insurance shopping always look at what you are buying and what you are covered for and not just price.

You may get a great price but find that you are under covered or not covered for things like cruise ship, medical evacuation or provider default. Read what the coverage is for and not just the price when buying insurance. The lowest price isn't always the best deal.

Take care,
Mike