Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Saturday Morning (15th birthday Garrett)

Well... its officially Saturday by my clock... my son has been 15 for 2 hours now... I cant believe he is growing up so fast !! Seems like just yesterday we were hiring "power rangers" to entertain the kids @ birthday parties... now he just wants the family to come over... I think I preferred the Power Rangers... !!

Anyway... hope yall have a great weekend & wonderful Mothers Day for those of you celebrating !

Take Care,
Steph
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2005, 03:11 AM
susancruzs

Default Re: Happy Saturday Morning (15th birthday Garrett)

Good Morning 'Mates!

Hi, Steph, guess I'm not the only one up! :-) 15 and he is growing up to want the family over!!! :-) Next will be the driving, then planning for college, you're right, where does the time go to anyway?? Enjoy the day and Mother's Day, too!

Hope all is well with everyone! I'm up, slept solid for 4 hrs. now I'm wide awake, house is warm must finally be warming up! Opened a few windows turned the fans on maybe it will cool off so I can sleep a few more hours!

Not much going on this weekend, some friends from Michigan are stopping by today on their way back home so we'll probably go out to lunch.

Other than that I still have yard work to catch up on, usual stuff, shopping, laundry, etc., hope everyone has a nice weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

Susie
Old May 7th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! from a dreary gray soon to be wet NH's Lakes Region. We have foster parent classes for fostering children to attend today ,6 long hours. I guess since the weather won't be good we might as well be learning something. We attended the other night and most of the info is the same as we had for doing adult foster care. Have a great day all CruiseMates. Happy Birthday to Garret.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 7th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning Steph, Susie & Laura and all other Cruise Mates who are doing what we should all be doing on Saturday morning,,,,sleeping in.

We had 5 beautiful days of beautiful sunny days (must a be a record) however, today is going to be cloudy with rain on the Coast.

Local headline news not interesting this morning.

Inside article: ``What would Moms really like tommorrow?'' It goes on to say: ''To all the children who are fretting about trying to find the perfect gift for mom --a trip to the spa? a handmade card? stop worrying. All she really wants for Mother's Day is you``, The writer offers a lot of other suggestions but, the main one is you.

To all Mothers: ``Happy Mother's Day`` and have a fun weekend.

Bill
Old May 7th, 2005, 05:36 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Lots to do today so no sleeping in here. Yesterday we finally had a pleasant weather day, wish there were many more to follow, but it looks like we have more rain to look forward too.

Trying to lock down everything for tomorrow. Am trying do decide the best way to do the potatoes. The original recipe I choose calls for 1 hour in the over, but I could do them with the same ingredients, but mashed, thus freeing up the oven. The oven ones are a much better presentation, but the mashed would be a huge stress reliever. I've just about given myself an ulcer over this. I must make a decision soon.

Here is the Menu for the Mother's Day Extravaganza (there will be extras for any CM who meander by):

Appetizers - Parmesan Bites
Florentine Cups
Cheeseball - with various veggies/crackers

Beverage (non-alcohol) - Pineapple Spritzers
Fiesta Raspberry Iced Tea

Main Courses - Melon wrapped in Proscuito
Chilled Strawberry Soup
Tomato and Avocado Salad w/ Pine Nuts

Chicken Wellington
Lemon Green Beans
Parmesan Potatoes (either in a gratin or mashed)
Honey Crescents

Dessert (had to ask my sister-in-law since I'm out town for most of today)
Two varieties of Cheese Cake
Coffee.

I have the decorations all up and the main table set, the over flow table still needs to be put up in the living room, after I pass the vac. thru. Now I will start some prep work and then clean the upstairs. Must be out of the house by 10 a.m.
Will be stopping in Stowe on the way to the concert to shop at the Lake Champlain Chocolate store (lovely Vermont made chocolates) to find something special to place beside each plate. I think we are up to sixteen in attendance. I can comfortably do 18, but after that it will be a stretch.

I have all the Bingo Prizes (the kids (now teens) and most of the women engage in this activity while the men either hunker down and watch sports or play horseshoes depending on the weather), but at last count I could use a couple of more door Prizes.

I love doing this, but feel stressed everytime. I like everything to go smoothly.

We will be eating at one tomorrow.

Hope you all have a stress free day,

VTJen
Old May 7th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Admiral

Good Saterday evening everyone!

Local headlines:
"Lack of cell phone coverage on state highway 2 really annoy's local telephone technician!"
Take this headline with a huge pintch of salt!

Cool, easy going saterday today. Shopping Sunday tomorrow.

Good day to you all.

Take the easy way out VTJen!

Post Edited (05-07-05 05:45)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old May 7th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates,

Happy birthday, Garrett. Ah, to be 15 again! Come to think of it, I'm not certain that I was ever that young.

Some of our children are treating us to the Cirque du Soleil (La Nouba) at Downtown Disney Orlando this evening. We'll be seeing the 6 pm show. It's kind of a Mothers Day & Fathers Day celebration. We've wanted to take it in for some time now, but could never afford it. At $75 a pop, we have to depend on the younger generation to foot the bill. <G>

You basketball fans out there know what a double-double is, right? But have you ever heard of a triple-triple? Well, that's what occurred at Arnold Palmer Women's and Children's Hospital in Orlando on Wednesday. Three women delivered triplets on that same day in that same hospital. Wow! A total of six lads and three lasses came into the world in three groups of three. How about that? Maybe this is Ripley material!

Have a great weekend, friends.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old May 7th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Up and about here on Long Island where the weather isn't surprising me. Rain, Wind and Cold. A Nor'Easter in May, go figure.

Getting ready to leave for the airport to pick up Lori & family from Florida. They are coming in for the weekend so we'll be running most of the weekend. Will be good to see them although would rather the meeting had been in Oviedo.

Still waiting for a closing date (this process seems to go extremely slow here in NY). We're getting closer but not quickly enough for me.

Sending wishes for a wonderful Mothers Day to all in Cruisemate land. Enjoy.

Carnival Glory
Old May 7th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where it's still sunny and getting a bit warmer. We're finally in the double-digit range (11C, maybe 14 today, 50's F).
Got alot on my plate today; errands to run, cleaning to do, a meeting with the real estate agent (we finally have an offer on my mom's house), a trip downtown to meet with my son's Dr., and whatever else comes my way!
VTJen, I like the sound of your menu - tempted to show up for lunch tomorrow!

Tomorrow, we will be travelling to Vankleek Hill Ontario (about 45 mins. from here) to bury my mother's ashes in the cemetary there with my father. We couldn't do it in Feb. because the ground was frozen, so we decided to wait till Mother's Day. It will not be a very pleasant Mother's Day for us, but at least we will know that Mom is finally at rest with Dad.

donna

Old May 7th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Happy Birthday Garrett.........oh to be 15 again.......(sigh)!

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day weekend.

Old May 7th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Yesterday was a lovely day in Calgary.. but we're headed back to "fall weather". Hope the return is slow as this morning I'm heading out to our golf club's opening day tournament.

If I don't freeze, it should be alot of fun.

Taking my mother, father, Mrs Kuki, and the Kuki Jrs to the golf club for Mother's Day Brunch tomorrow.... so won't be golfing then. Which leads me to ask myself, why go to a golf course if I can't golf <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:32 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............looks like a nice day today..........sunshine & 60's.........hope Mary Lou & Bruce enjoyed their cruise & the weather holds for them getting off the ship today!!!!
Y'all have a great Saturday!!

Sharon

Old May 7th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando....was up and out early this am and took a 6 mile walk with a co worker on the West Orange Trail.
Happy Birthday Garrett!
Jack, I saw that news about the triple triplets in the Sentinel yesterday and thought OUCH! I'm sure it was a busy day there!
Angela Z.
Old May 7th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Admiral

VTJen
Boy would I love to stop by but I do have to work and I dont know exactly were you live. Have a wonderful time and eat lots for me-----thanks
Well off to work I go today to--- at least the sun is out--- but it does look like rain for tomorrow----
Happy Mothers Day to all and a Happy birthday to Garrett---- my son will be21 next month------ ??????????????????????????????

Cheers all-- have a great day-- continued thoughts and prayers going out to all
April
Old May 7th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Admiral

VTJen;

With a menu like that, I wouldn't meander by. I would go directly there if it wasn't so far.

Looks more like a menu from a 1st class cruise ship.

Have a good one,

Bill
Old May 7th, 2005, 11:45 AM
CruisinK&J

A late and quick good morning from an overcast Southern California.

Happy birthday, Garrett!

I must do some ironing and then it's off to Pasadena.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy