Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Scotia Prince is cancelled

The Scotia Prince from Portland Maine to Yarmouth Nova Scotia has been cancelled for the whole season. I went to the website to look for information about going over this summer and found a notice about it. There is mold in the Portland terminal too much for the safety of passengers. Today I tried to get into the website and cannot get in. The Cat Ferry is running from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth. That is a fast 2 hour trip.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Scotia Prince is cancelled

That is very interesting (cat ferries that is), Laura.

We currently have Incat ferry hull number 46 serving on our interislander ferry service which came from this exact company a few years ago?

They are going to discontinue catermeran services this year I think (to much wash damage in the sounds).

Post Edited (05-07-05 05:34)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old May 7th, 2005, 05:19 AM
VTJen

There used to be the Blue Nose that ran from Bar Harbor up to N.S. - does that still run. Bar Harbor is beautiful, one of my favorite places.

VTJen
Old May 7th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Admiral

Well that stinks. Now we have to drive all the way around?

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 7th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Hi VT Jen, I am not sure about the Blue Nose I have heard nothing about that ferry in a very long time. Thomas there is the CAT ferry from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth. Driving all the way is a lovely ride too. My cousins husband comes from River John NS. He lives here in NH. It is a 13 hour drive from here for him. Taking the ferry actually makes a longer trip for him. it is 2 hours to ferry in Portland then 10 hours on the ferry . After it docks at Yarmouth then it is still an 8 hour drive to River John.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 7th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Admiral

The CAT ferry advertises a 2.5 hour trip, but it is expensive!!!! I was looking at their web site and with the one way fare, port fees, fuel surcharge, it would cost $254 for two people in a car to go roundtrip. Yikes!!!!!

Regards,
Thomas