Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:10 PM
CruisinK&J

Default It's Friday!

Mornin' from Southern California.

Well, it's a death watch again. My 84-yr.old aunt in Minnesota did not recover from her blood clot surgery a month ago. There's lots of tragic history in this family which I won't bore you with, except to say that her granddaughter sits in death watch because she doesn't want her grandmother to die alone. At least somebody in that family has some quality.

Sorry to post such a downer, but . . .

It's off to the gym this morning for Keith. And then? Don't know.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: It's Friday!

Morning Judy, it's 1 a.m. here and I've just finished chapter 11 of the Valor story. Great memories; I wish I was still there!
Sorry to hear more bad news in your family, you've sure had your share lately.
Think I will go to bed now, and say good morning a little later!

donna

Old May 13th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Admiral

Judy it cant be Friday yet ??? at least not here in San Jose CA it isnt----but can I post anyways--lol
Ok trying to make the best of my time-----seems like Ive lots years not days lately.
Yes its seem too that some families have more tragedies than others--- right now its lots of health issues for quite a few of my family member including myself-------
Well at least the weather up here has been nice the last few days-- warm-- and almost summer like-- forget spring---- pasted that up too
Trying to look forward to the next family cruise--- lots of first time cruiser on this one-- cant blame me-- I didnt pick the ship or itinerary----thinking about the younger ones in the family but it should be a nice time just to get away---
Wishing everyone well-- take care-- continued thoughts and prayers going out to all
Cheers
April
Opps forgot to say Happy Friday the 13th------

Post Edited (05-13-05 00:21)
Old May 13th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Admiral

WOOHOO Its friday and its now the weeeekeeeeend!
Enough of the skyting, sorry.

Fine and cool today and less wind than normal.

There has been a "Foot and Mouth" disease scare/HOAX in NZ this week. Some nutter has decided to cause a lot of trouble and waste a lot of money by sending a letter to our "Prime Ministers" office with a black mail letter. What an idiot!?

Judy: Think more of yourself for a change instead of spreading your thoughts/feelings to others. Enjoy your life, even though I see your point with your relatives! Nice to have such a sympathetic "Grand Neice". Life is full of ups and downs.

BLACK FRIDAY RULES!.................... Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Brrr winter has returned to NH's Beautiful Lakes Region. It is down to 30 this morning. The weatherman is predicting another rainy weekend. We were planning to go to Orange Ma to our cabin for the weekend. If we do Lane will have a chilly swim to connect our water. Went to pick up the air tickets to Orlando last night. All that is left to do is get a hotel in Port Canaveral and arrange transportation from Orlando to the hotel. Have a great day Mates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 13th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! Judy, I'm sorry to hear of your sad news. Looks like some nasty weather is heading this way, just in time for the weekend. Don't forget that today is Friday, the 13th...stay safe out there.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 13th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's Friday the 13th! To avoid anything going wrong on this unluckiest of days, I've decided that I won't do anything today. Do you think my boss will let me get away with it? Probably not.

Anyway, it's Friday, so the weekend is finally in sight. The weather is supposed to be rainy, but I'll try to go turkey hunting before the rains come. 3:30am comes awfully early around here. Got to be in the woods before sunrise. Ugh!

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 13th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs, Friday the 13th, is usually my lucky day, I truly hope so today becuase DH goes for his final blood work results. Have a great Friday.

Jeanne
Old May 13th, 2005, 06:32 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

It is a bright, shiny, frigid day - 27degrees when I walked the dog, now 31. Then like Cruznut2 - rain all weekend.

Son has an awful cough. I will take him up to Canada to the walk- in clinic. If I tried to get him in at our Doctor here in town it would be next week, and we've already waited long enough. He was supposed to go to the School nurse and have her listen to his lungs yesterday, but he forgot. Oh well. With his lungs so filled it is effecting his running abilities and his times are down.

Judy, so sorry to hear your news.
Ed - a bunch of turkeys roost right behind my house, come on over and help yourself.

Hope you all have a great day.

VTJen
Old May 13th, 2005, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

A few clouds here in Paradise this morning, but hopefully they'll move on out.
My second quote for hurricane shutters came in $1,000 less, and I was very impressed with the man who came out and went over everything with me. It's just too bad they won't be up for this coming season.

Jake will be flying to Dallas from Amsterdam tomorrow, and then home on Sunday. It will be so good to see him.

Not much else going on around here. Hope Friday the 13th turns out to be a good one for all of you, and especially for you Jeanne and Ellis.

Phyll

Old May 13th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Let's see.....a retaining wall collapsed on the Henry Hudson Parkway in northern Manhattan burying the road, a rail bridge burned in NJ which is fouling up all commuter trains from NJ and Amtrak. Just another New York City day!

Supposed to be home tending to my garden today, but I am a victim of the tyranny of the urgent.

Judy- sorry to hear the bad news

Everyone have a great day and weekend!!!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old May 13th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids...Judy sorry for all the sorrow. We want you to come to chat, maybe our Mike, can post simplified instructions, so that many more of you, can come chat, and see how fabulous we are in real time....A few errands today, and work tomorrow. I have written my 2nd newsletter for my boutique, it will be going out to 1000 customers.Could a Pulitzer be in my future? Have a good day !

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 13th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
And to think my son was interviewing in Seacaucus, New Jersey a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't even thought of that city before and it was mentioned in the news last night!

Our prayers have been answered for our resident at work. Apparently, he has improved (even with premature news of his death)-I don't know how that rumor got started-probably something like "This guy is dying. We need to say prayers." The person with the bad hearing aid probably heard "died" and it was off to the races. HOWEVER, supposedly he ripped out his IV cause it made him mad, and his daughters are having a hard time keeping him quiet. He was talking all day yesterday. He may actually come back to our facility in the skilled nursing building. He's one tough dude! (and we all love him!)

The weather remains warm down here in Avon Park, FL. I hope it is likewise when we get up to Ohio in a couple of weeks!

Take care. I'm running late--as usual!! Bye. Lynne

Old May 13th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone... not much going on here... prayers going out for those who need them.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old May 13th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Good Morning again at a more decent hour (8:30)! The sun is still shining , but our overnight low was 0C and right now it's only 4C, which in farenheit is just above freezing! Unfortunately, the wekend doesn't look much better....
I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th; now I'll have to be extra careful!
No matter, at least it's Friday!
Have a good one Mates!

donna

Old May 13th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: It's Friday!

good morning from sunny florida, we will be at 87 degree today..the pool is calling my name.My dh is at home today since he is sill feeling lousy.He has had a temp for several days now. Trying to get an appointment at the doctor is like pulling teeth
This mornings news paper had our annual Hurricane preperation guide in and we are studying it a lot more this year! WE have to start and get supplies and most of all a generator. The joys of living in the tropics.

Tomorrow our daughter will be turning 14. We are planning taking her to the Outback and I have to order an Ice Cream cake today.We are thinking to get her a cell phone and she wouldlike to have a chair and a fish.

Nothing else on the agenda. Have a wonderful day

Old May 13th, 2005, 08:25 AM
libbynan

Good but tiring day yesterday....... got a lot accomplished. DH is off to Little Rock EARLY today for a committee meeting for the board of a children's home that he is on. I don't think that last sentence made a lot of sense, but it is too early and I haven't had enough coffee to fix it.

Have a eye doctor's appt. at 9:30..... trying to get everything else done before I start chemo again. Not that I'm really looking forward to it, but the sooner I start - the sooner I finish! And, believe me, I am anxious to finish.

Donna, thanks for the latest episode..... a real morning brightener.
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:28 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...................1 more sleep & we're outta here!!!! We leave tomorrow for Alaska!!!! Can't wait......I'm ready.......30 minute drive to the pier for us.....pick up my brother & sis-in-law first & we're off......should be a relaxing week.......see y'all when we get back......

Sharon & Larry

Old May 13th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Admiral

good morning from chilly Massachusetts. It was 29 degrees this morning when i came into work. I brought my plants in last night onto the porch, hope they didn't get bit. Going to try to get the camper ready this weekend for our trip next weekend, yeah can't wait. Hope the rain holds off, they are saying on and off showers for the entire weekend so hopefully it won't be a total wash-out.
Prayers and good wishes to those in need.
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunny and high temps near 75 F expected for Calgary.

Taking the entire day off work as I was invited to play golf up near Banff. May be a bit chillier in the mountains still, but the scenery will be AWESOME!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 13th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a bright sunny Vancouver.
Judy-sorry to hear about you Aunt.
VTJen-sounds like your son really needs to see a Dr. if he has fluid in his lungs.
Sharon-enjoy your cruise. Hope the weather is good for you.
Phyll- you can't get those hurricane shutters done any quicker, eh? Must be a good business to be in down there! lol
Sue-hope your 14 yr.old has a nice birthday. My eldest just turned 14 on Wed.
Kind of a busy weekend ahead. Have to pick my eldest up and take her to a French Youth Camp at the local University for the weekend. It is very brave of her as she does not know anyone that is going. Kids from all over B.C. are coming to it. My youngest has a Ballet Festival practice for her group this afternoon and then they perform at the Awards show. Tomorrow she wants to go to Build a Bear & stuff a bear for their Charity and probably will want to buy something after! Then she is off to a birthday party for most the day and I will be 'childfree' for a while.
Hope everyone has some fun on their weekend. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda