Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Admiral

Default Without a Trace

Did anybody watch this program last night? I'm still trying to figure out what it was all about. Does anyone have a clue? You'll know what I'm talking about if you watched it. Was it all a dream?! Help, please!!

Jack (not Malone)

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:13 AM
libbynan

Default Re: Without a Trace

Yes, dear, it was all a dream! Honestly , you and my DH need to take lessons in keeping up........
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Admiral

I think I put it together when his boss corrected the way he addressed her. Then, Chris pointed out that the actor was playing both roles--since I'm terrible at recognizing faces. I told Chris, "that is his future self, and he's in for a pysch evaluation after yelling at his boss." I expected it to turn out that the kid in the pigeon coop would be his "inner child." It got confirmed when he set the groceries down in his apartment. A dream scenario is close. I expect that there will be further development of that subplot, he on the brink of a nervous breakdown--as symbolized by his standing on the building ledge--over the breakup of his marriage, and its future impact on his daughters.

As Lucy used to say in Peanuts, "Five cents, please." That, and however much you want to pay, will get you a latte or cappucinno.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Summit

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 It's Margaret's fault!
Old May 13th, 2005, 10:08 AM
David Starkey

I did not think much of this episode at all....... Jacks headed for a breakdown or meltdown.
Old May 13th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Okay, let's say that we agree that much of this episode was a dream sequence of sorts. It's clear to me when the dream ended (when Jack awakened, near the conclusion). But when exactly did the dream begin? The program started with the old man (and the boy in the coop) on the roof. Was this part of Jack's dream? I would have to say that it was, based upon the way the story progressed. So what part of the program wasn't a part of the dream? Or was the whole darned program Jack's dream? Steve? Libbynan? David? Anybody?

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas