Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2005, 03:04 PM
uhoh...

Default sneaking on alcohol..

What is the best way to sneak on some vodka? How do they check for alcohol???
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: sneaking on alcohol..

Digested!

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old May 16th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Jean S

We have been on 6 cruises and have taken a couple of bottles of alcohol each time. We have packed the bottles in our checked luggage and no one has ever said anything to us. Happy sailing!
Old May 16th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Actually asking for advice on breaking the rules is not something which we really want to talk about on the boards. Rather much like going to a police website and asking how to run redlights without getting caught. Just not cool.
Jim

Old May 16th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

You are going on a great vacation, why not just buy drinks..Sorry, but I have never understood, this question....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 16th, 2005, 06:46 PM
salem5050

Well since I have only been off my cruise since Saturday, and I sit here looking at my bill, I can understand it. But I do know that the ship has to make some money , so just buy their booze, or do not drink for a week. I only had one drink all week, but my husband had plenty of 7 and 7's..ahahhaha. I did purchase a soda card for 35 bucks which I think is very reasonable.

Mary Margaret
Old May 16th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Foster Brooks

"Actually asking for advice on breaking the rules is not something which we really want to talk about on the boards."

Gee, then there must be, what, about 15,000 threads that need to be deleted?
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:25 PM
dee-lynn

I am very curious about WHY one has to sneak alcohol on board a cruise. My dh and I have recently come back from a Celebrity cruise on which we bought alcohol twice off ship in Portugal and were never stopped by security aboard the ship upon returning. The screening people just passed it through and we carried it to our stateroom. Had I known it would have been so easy I would have done this long ago. I hear that this is not the norm and alcohol is kept with the ships staff. Not so in our case.
Old May 17th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Admiral

There are many people who like to have cocktails in the privacy of their cabin. You know, maybe you and your spouse are getting a little romantic and decide to have a drink. Do you want to stop the music and get dressed, fix the hair, put on the shoes, trapse down to the bar and buy a drink?

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Call room service....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 18th, 2005, 06:55 PM
hen ey

My wife and I celebrated our 25th on Explorer two weeks ago with our 3 'kids' ( 24, 30, & 35) , wife's sister and daughter. We took champaign, beer, rum, vodka, rye whiskey and mix (pepsi) aboard with us (in our luggage) and had no problem!
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:33 PM
rosetattoo

A co-worker purchased a large bottle of moutwash, emptied it, and filled it with Rum and put it in his carry-on luggage....of course, his rum and cokes tasted like Scope, ha!
Old May 20th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Admiral

I can understand that some folks really do like a certain 'Beverage" in thier cabin prior to dinner or retiring for the night and that is okay for them I guess. What I think is wrong and the lines do not want is someone to bring on four or five bottles of booze and get rip roaring drunk or seriously buzzed for the cruise or fixing drinks for friends. I can understand that from both a financial and security standpoint. A Bartender can, and they do, cut people off that have had too much but if you have your own supply in your room that is where they go to get the next drink and continue until they really become a problem.Most do not do this but they are enough that do that it has made it necessary to have these rules.
Jim