Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2005, 01:20 PM
salem5050

Default Do you exchange email addresses with people you meet on crui

Is it just me.....I always seem to get lots of email addresses from people I meet on a cruise. I send them a letter and don't usually get a response. Why do people want your email address and then once you are out of sight just forget about it.?

Mary Margaret
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Josie

Default Re: Do you exchange email addresses with people you meet on

We exchanged email addresses with two other couples and we have corresponded some but not a lot in the last year. Everyone is so busy these days that 'out of sight out of mind' takes over. Sad as it might be.
Josie
Old May 17th, 2005, 02:51 PM
venice

I don't think people forget..I think when you return home and have to get back into "reality" you just tend to lose focus...but then, one day you run across something that reminds you of the cruise and you say I wonder how so and so is doing and I promised to e-mail them and then you can't find the e-mail address

or

maybe they were just trying to be nice and had no intentions of ever contacting you again (VBG)
Old May 17th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I also think that you are in "THE MOMENT" while cruising...sometimes the only thing you may have in common, is that you were on the same ship....once home, as said..reality and the day to day living kicks in....one couple we met and really enjoyed, we have had contact in the past 3 yrs..we were supposed to go the Hamptons with them, his elderly mother got sick, they broke up..yada yada yada..but we do share an email occasionally,
which is very nice...last cruise we were invited to Pheonix, to stay with them....can I even remember their names....yesterday I was going through my address book, all my travel numbers, and info, is in a separate area, in the back, I came across a name and said..who the heck are these people...tablemates at my last cruise.....

Post Edited (05-17-05 18:35)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 17th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Admiral

We still exchange correspondence with several couples we met on our first and second cruise, have travelled twice with a couple we met on our 5th cruise and still hear from folks we met on our Panama Canal Cruise (from Great Britain). Rarely exchange information these days, always come prepared to final dinner to do so, but rarely does the subject arise. Gram says I should probably wash a few times during the cruise and then maybe folks will like us.
Old May 17th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Familiar Face

I actually bought an address book from the gift shop on my first cruise. It had a Carnival ship on it with all the Carnival ships name on the front so I thought this was appropriate for the addresses and emails of my new found friends.

Little did I know that many have become some very close friends thru out the years since our first cruise meeting. Some of us have actually visited each others homes and met each others children. But some people I have contacted afterwards, have never bothered to contact us again. I guess you then find out who your real true cruise friends were this way.

I love to flip thru the address book now and remember all the found memories of those cruise taken with new friends whether or not you ever hear from them again.

PS- I always put at the end of the address entry, the ship and sail date we met them on.
Old May 17th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Lynne &Trevor

I still correspond with one of the gals in a group of three who were on our cruise with us last year. She's the mother, and she had her daughter and sister with her. They live in Ohio and we were planning on getting together at the end of next week at our favorite restaurant when we go up there to see family. However, plans have fallen through,as we adjusted the date when we'd be going up there and they will all be away or busy over Memorial Day Weekend. We will be about a half hour or 45 minute away from each other but unable to connect. This gal works in a retirement facility, as do I, so we have something in common, and she was a major contact during the hurricanes last year to get on line to let everyone know we were okay.
I've emailed others in our group but nothing of any consequence happened. They either didn't answer, or after the initial distribution of email pictures everyone faded into the woodwork. Lynne

Old May 17th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

We have cruised again a few with a few couples since meeting them on other cruises. Emails yes, we still keep in touch with quite a few of people we have met. Christmas cards and a few have come for a visit. We have gone to dinner the have faded with time, except for the pcitures we have of them having a ball with us on one cruise or another.night with a few couples before their curise departed. (without us) A lot have faded away with time, but i rememeber them when we go thru our pictures of our past cruises and seeing us all having a grand time together.
Old May 17th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Parrot Mom

Yes, we are still corresponding with some people we met on a two week cruise... We just give them our card.. and if they are interested in pictures, etc. they can contact us.. Several times during the past few years we have met up with several of them when they cruise in or from Boston.
Old May 17th, 2005, 08:26 PM
CruzinK&J

Never happened to us. On several land trips, an address list was passed around, but
I never contacted the people, nor did they contact us. The people we do remain in touch with are from Keith's reunion groups in Arizona.

Judy
Old May 17th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Yes, I still correspond (e-mail) with people we've met on all our cruises so far. I have asked their permission to post their pictures here, sent photos I have taken of them, and send and receive jokes occasionally. One friend Kris, aka "jkmmah" here on CruiseMates, has recently surfaced on the board again in responses to my Valor story.
I hope to keep in touch with many other future co-cruisers!

donna

Old May 18th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Yes-- some of my best friends are people Ive met on cruises---
Cheers
April
We keep in contact almost every day--------
Old May 19th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Happy Camper

Lets see 18 cruises and we still send letters once a year back and forth to a couple from our 3rd cruise. We still talk to by phone here and there (have visited a few times) a couple from our 4th cruise. Still email and get Christmas cards from one couple on our 6th cruise. One man and his kids we met on our 8th cruise we still talk to by phone and have visited him and him us. One couple from the 9th cruise we still exchange emails with and have seen a few times. One couple from the 15th cruise we still talk to by phone and email regularly. On our last 18th cruise one couple actually has called us 3 times which is so rare but we have not called them since - father in hospital emergency. I might call them but there is just so much going on and so many to keep up with that unless I really think we might actually see each other after the cruise or unless they ask for mine I don't even exchange info anymore. Sad.... Life I guess. Think only 7 couples in all the people we have met in 18 cruises..... Debbie