Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2005, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Morning......

If it is morning it must be Saturday!

Good morning gang!!! Hope everyone has a great day today.....as for me, I got my travel docs for Vegas today.....can't believe it is less than 3 weeks now. My coworkers and I are getting so excited! Three of us are going. I especially can't wait to see "We Will Rock You" at the Paris (where we are staying.) We have front row center seats for that show.......and I love the music of Queen! We are also going to see "O" by Cirque de Soleil....and the Freemont Street Experience, the Shark Reef...we will also check out the Wynn Las Vegas and all the shops and maybe even do a little spa time along with gambling! The son of one of my patients used to be a high stakes dealer for the Bellagio........gave me some great tips for cheap betting and some great eats!

Have a great day everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2005, 03:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Good Morning......

It is morning and it is Saturday!!! Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Here I sit at 4:00 AM with my cup of hazelnut coffee and listening to Jimmy Buffet. I changed the computer wall paper to one of the Carnival downloads. Changed my screen saver to read Carnival Glory!! Have I got cruise fever or what??? <VBG>. Looks like another rainy weekend for NH's Lakes Region. I think a trip to camp is in the plans for the weekend. I would like to go to the flea Market at Riatta Ranch in Ma. Last time I was there I saw some luggage very reasonable. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 21st, 2005, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Up and at 'em early this morning. Woke up to doggie vomit all over the house. She has been under the weather for a few days, and now it looks like a trip to the vet is in order...
Looming over my head also is this colossal estate/garage sale, with very gray skies and a good threat of rain. Fortunately, we set up yesterday with that possibility in mind, and everything is in the garage and basement. If I'm not exhausted enough after that, I have my high school reunion tonight! Good thing it's a long weekend here, I'll need an extra day to recover!

donna

Old May 21st, 2005, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida.

Lisa, it's fun to share in your excitement about your Vegas trip. Sure sounds like you are going to be doing a lot of interesting and fun things.

RD, hope things go well at the vets today. Poor doggie. Your day was already going to be a busy one without that.

Laura, hope you get to the flea market and find some good buys. You're going to be a ddm very soon.

Time to get ready to go get some breakfast.
Have a good weekend all. Prayers going out for all those that need them.

Phyll

Old May 21st, 2005, 06:56 AM
Admiral

I'll take one of those prayers Phyll.

Morning all from NE Florida where it'll be another day of hunting and fixing sprinkler heads. I'm trying to get the whole system in tip top shape for the inevitable sale of the home this summer.

But tomorrow I'm driving to N.C. to be with my ailing mother for a while. A brother from Chicago is going there this evening. Another brother from the coast of N.C. is there now. So I'll be there through the week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 21st, 2005, 07:27 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

The sun is shining for now, but rain is in the forecast. I woke up to a very naughty dog who wet on the bed and then on the carpet as soon as I jumped out and started grabbing the sheets off the mattress (thank God I have a very thick mattress pad). He has acted odd the last few days, I just assumed it was the meds. He has another week to go, but maybe I too need to call the Vet. YIKES!!!

Last night my son had a school concert. It was just for small ensembles - he was in three. On Wednesday he has the regular band/chorus spring concert. Thurs is Academic Awards, then the following Thursday is Sports awards.

For Prom tonight 5 couples of my sons friends are all getting together for supper. Josiah's to bring the dessert - we just choice a cheesecake recipe and a chocolate torte recipe. He's gone to the store to get the ingredients. We must get busy. He also has to wash and clean his car. This afternoon we have a Chapmpagne Brunch to attend for a Med School graduation. Plus of course I'll be shampooing rugs (somebody borrowed my rug cleaner so son has gone to pick that up too).

Lisa - you will have a fabulous time. When my daughter went to England 2 years ago she and her best friend went and saw We Will Rock You in the West End. Her friend had gone to a couple of Broadway Camps and met the lead (I forgot his name). She emailed him that she and her friend were coming to the show and he gave them backstage passes and they got to meet cast members and took pictures with them. It was such a thrill for them as my daughter and her friend have been in so many musicals and shows - to actually get the VIP treatment. I too love Queen.
You'll love O and I truly enjoyed Shark Reef - so restful. I wish I were going. Vegas is my favorite landlocked City.

Donna - good luck with the dog and the sale.

Hope everyone has a wondrful weekend.

VTJen
Old May 21st, 2005, 08:56 AM
Admiral

And a fine good morning from the Arizona desert, where summer has finally arrived. Through most of May, until now, we have been enjoying lovely spring-like weather with below normal temperatures. However, summer has arrived in earnest! We were in the low 100's most of the week, with only one day at a normal 93. Yesterday was 102, today is predicted at 111 and tomorrow and Monday at 113, with a "cooling" trend through the week, back down to "only" 104 or so by next Friday! Wahhh! I'm just not ready for this! Yesterday I burned my behind on the the car's leather seats, so it's time to put a towel in the car to sit on!

Have a great Saturday, Mates! I plan to do as little this weekend as I can get away with!

Old May 21st, 2005, 09:38 AM
CruisinK&J

Good morning from Southern Califoria. Temps here, too, are in the triple digits. We;ve managed not to use the a/c, but I suspect that today, we'll have to give in.

Lots on the agenda with housework and errands and find a birthday gift for Keith.

Tomorrow is Keith's 76th birthday, so I know I won't do much that day except visit and eat!

Have a good Saturday, everyone.

Judy
Old May 21st, 2005, 09:40 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi There,
Trevor and I have been sitting in here, me on this computer and he on the laptop. True togetherness! It's sunny and warm here in Avon Park,FL, with a threat of afternoon showers or thundershowers.
I'm OFFICIALLY on vacation! I don't go back to work until June 1 !! Yeah! I will miss my residents, but I have a nice gal filling in for me while I'm gone, so won't worry too much. We will leave here on Wednesday morning for Dayton OH. It will be for an essentially
L-O-N-G weekend, as we'll head back south on Sunday. Rollerdonna will enjoy her Victoria Day Weekend THIS Monday. I'll get to see my two sons, and Trevor will get to see some family and that is the main goal.

My desktop picture has me standing at the water taxi sign over by the Best Western Marina hotel with the Caribbean Princess in the background-Port Everglades.I'm ready to go! But, the closer it gets to October, I'll have to exchange it for the Star Princess. We only took camcorder shots of her when she was in May 1, so will have to freeze-frame one shot and make a photo.

Nothing much is happening this weekend so I think I'll just loaf. Take care, Everybody.
You're all in my thoughts daily!! Lynne

Old May 21st, 2005, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining, but rain in the forecast for Calgary later today.

I'm hoping to get in a round of golf before the rains come.

It appears the weight loss is slowing a bit as I add more foods in the Atkins diet.... this mornings weigh in was down just 2 lbs from last Saturday... but still a total of 26lbs, which I am very pleased with.

Put my hand in pocket yesterday, and my ring fell off. Guess I'll have to store the two rings I wear until I find out where my size is going to end up.

Old May 21st, 2005, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a very sunny San Jose CA---
Not much new around here-- and thats a good thing--lol------ off to work I go in a few ---- So happy that things are working out for my Liberty cruise---- more excited about that in Feb than the Alaska one I'm going on in July---------- I know I should say this but I prefer to cruise with friends than family----- I see my family all the time----- but some of my friends not often enough---------
Lisa ---- jealous big time--- Viva Las Vegas-----------

Cheers all-- have a great day -- take care and be good -- if you can
April
Old May 21st, 2005, 12:08 PM
DENISE H

good moring cruisemates i can finley say its nice sunny day here in mpls yea the sun
finely came out have a good day