Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2005, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Default Dancin' Barefoot

Well guys... I finally have something to dance about and my foot is about four weeks away from real shoes.... And why would one choose a barefoot cruise when they can finally wear street shoes! (after six months in a boot or surgical shoe) Go figure!

The deep tissue wound I've been working on getting healed, because of a post-surgery wrapping error on the part of my excellent foot surgeon, is now about four weeks away from full recovery.

My broken humerus is fully healed as are the broken bones in my foot. Yes!

And today we got our documents for our first Windjammer cruise from Panama, along the west coast of Costa Rica. (This is probably the only Panama cruise without a canal.) Hmmm.....

Anyway there is less than a month before we fly to Panama and we are starting to get excited. I guess doc (dock) dancing is in our future.

These urban legends about cockroaches and rodents onboard Windjammer vessels has got me worried I must admit. David will really freak if that's the case.

Wish us luck on this interesting adventure.

P.S. Thanks for all the Cruismate support during this difficult time! You all are so great!

Post Edited (05-21-05 09:32)
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2005, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Dancin' Barefoot

Chuck, I am so happy for you that your long road to recovery is finally coming to an end. What an ordeal you have gone through, all just because of your enthusiasm about seeing the progress on your new house!

I am definitely jealous of your cruise to Panama and Costa Rica. You will see so many beautiful little places that can't be reached on the large ships on which most of us cruise most of the time. Please enjoy Costa Rica for me too. I don't know if you're a coffee drinker or not, but if you are, please treat yourself to a bag or two of the brand Cafe Britt. My favorite variety is the Tarrazu Montecielo. Jose is going to visit his kids in Costa Rica for a week in July, but it is a terrible time for me to try to get away, so I won't be going.

Happy dancing, both "doc" and "dock," but take it easy so you don't injure that foot again! !

Old May 21st, 2005, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Chuck...
Congrats on the docs and the recovery. I'm sure your "barefoot" cruise will be a wonderful adventure.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Hey Chuck:

I'm glad you are dancing even if it is barefoot. Have a great time and I hope all is healed by the time you leave.

Have a great time on Windjammer!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Hey Chuck, enjoy the foot freedom!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old May 21st, 2005, 01:17 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Chuck, Congrats on the Doc/Dock dancing! Also glad to hear that your foot problems are almost behind you and not under foot anymore. <<<<<BG>>>>>
Old May 21st, 2005, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Don't be barefootin' it through and deck planks!

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 21st, 2005, 09:33 PM
VTJen

Truly Good News! Plus what a way to celebrate your recovery -with a fabulous adventrue on the sea and the land.

VTJen
Old May 22nd, 2005, 12:50 AM
Admiral

Barefoor is the way to go! Will feel great freedom after the cast, pins and assorted apparatus you've been wearing! Dance carefully now!

donna

Old May 22nd, 2005, 08:32 AM
susancruzs

Great News, Chuck! Dance very carefully, and that cruise sounds wonderful, Costa Rica is a beautiful place and I've only seen a very small portion!

I'll be anxious to hear how you like your cruise, I've always thought about one of those!

Susie
Old May 22nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Take along your great attitude and you'll have a fabulous time! Can't wait to hear all about you barefootin' adventures.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:47 AM
Admiral

great news!
Old May 23rd, 2005, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Chuck, between the bloody mary's in the morning (sometimes mimosas), rum swizzles in the afternoon and wine with dinner (all included by the way) David will never notice the rats and bugs. Seriously, these ships may be a bit old, but they are clean and well kept. There will be no bugs or rodents aboard .
I wish I was travelling with you, I miss the sticky buns and good strong coffee early in the morning up on deck. Remember, if you pack more than one bag, you have way too much stuff (you can bring more, you just won't need it).
Anybody tell you about PPP night party (or some similar event)? Do you want to know??
Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:29 PM
Admiral

So glad your foot is healing, and congrats on the docs! I've never been on Windjammer but it sounds like a lot of fun to me! Just tell David that the "critters" are more afraid of him than he is of them...

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Dancin' Barefoot

Thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement. PapaBill, I'd love to know about this party. Please do tell!

I'm glad there won't be any critters. The "lesser of two weavels" line from "Master & Commander is a little too close to home.