Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Lewis

Default Cirque du Soleil (Constellation)

I am on the Constellation and want to see the Cirque du Soleil. I have been told you have to wear a mask and it costs $30 on the ship. I want to bring one with me, save money. Does anyone know if it should be a mask for the entire face or just the eyes. What color should it be. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Fossil1

Default Re: Cirque du Soleil (Constellation)

My wife and I travelled on the Constellation from San Juan to Dover this year and were very dissappointed in the Cirque de Soleil. It is nothing more than a themed disco in a bar they call 'The Bar at the Edge of The Earth'. Before we sailed we were in touch with others going on the cruise and had big discussions on masks etc. We took our own and wished we hadn't bothered. The cruise director Edwin Rojas gave it a big build up and on the first night everybody after dinner headed for the bar. 45 minutes later many people had gone. In fairness the bar is very nicely decorated with good views out of the forward windows but it does not live up to what it is supposed to be.
Old May 25th, 2005, 06:23 AM
dee-lynn

Default Re: Cirque du Soleil (Constellation)

We were on the Constellation on April 23/05 and even though my TA was nice enough to provide us with masks, we didn't have to use them. There were people that were using them it definitely did not have to. No, there is no charge but in my opinion the Cirque is like going on a bad LSD trip.
Old May 25th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Lewis

Default Re: Re: Cirque du Soleil (Constellation)

Do you think that the show was poorer than average because it was a transatlantic crossing? If I want to take my own mask, though, just in case I want to attend the show, what kind of mask were most people wearing?