Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default da Plane, da plane!

Hi Kids..
Flying is not on my top ten list, so I have been quite nervous about the weather back home..Massachusetts has been hit by the worst nor'ester since 67 it has been said. While Simi and I were watching Lost, in the balmy Florida night..Bruce back home lost the electricity 15 minutes before Lost was over..I thought he was going to pull the hair out of his head. Between that and Idol, he needed myself and Nikki to bring him up to date, via the phone.

It saddens me to leave this sunshine, and my favorite shopping haunts. We have covered the county, and had fun along the way. I pray my flight does not traumatize me.Last October, my flight home was a bad, and the memories linger.

One day I hope I can call this sunshiny place home. Until that day comes, I hope all my friends, have a comfortable couch Phyl...you are a doll,and I enjoyed my visit with you, albeit a short one..Next time, we shall make it longer. wish me luck in the skies above gang!Da plane, da plane!
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: da Plane, da plane!

Trip, wishing you a safe and uneventful flight home. Poor Bruce, if my TV had lost power 15 mins. before the end of LOST, you would've heard me screaming all the way down in Florida!! As it was, I shrieked enough to have my husband and dog come running from another room!

donna

Old May 26th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Hope you have a great flight home, Trip! Sorry you have to leave Florida... maybe someday you can pull a Tweety and decide to move here full-time!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old May 26th, 2005, 08:30 AM
AR

Trip--

Seriously, have you considered taking one of those courses offered to people who are fearful of flying? Or, alternatively, just seeking out a professional pilot and talking to him or her frankly for 10 minutes about how you feel?

I can't walk in your shoes because flying has never bothered me, but I know how much I would have missed if it had. If all the good times I've had travelling had to be tempered with this kind of phobia, I imagine it would have curtailed my travel and made it less pleasant overall. It would be like having at least two Damocles swords hanging over each trip. And as I'm sure you will attest, that's no fun.

I have heard that these courses and/or conversations can work wonders for some people. I also know that my quoting all the usual statistics to you will do little good (even though they're true).

Just wondering.
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Ar...Usually I don't have a problem..It's never kept me from going where I need or want to go..BUT, with the kind of turbulance I had in Oct, and what I expect tomorrow, it does make me wary....I know I am not alone here.
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Cruisin K and J

My good friend has a husband who is afraid to fly. She has missed out on a lot of good travel because of it. They went to Euope once, just enough to make her want to do more. Her DH, of course, won't do it. Train or car is all he'll do.

Judy
Old May 26th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Glad you enjoyed your stay in the sunshine state, Trip and wishing you an easy flight home!
Angela Z.
Old May 26th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Trip,
I'm sure your flight home will be uneventful, please check in once you are safely back home....

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 27th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Jen Young

Praying for a smooth, safe flight.

VTJen
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Admiral

You are probably home by now and hope your flight was a smooth one and we dont see you on LOST. >VBG<